buying a pack of nabs

This is a discussion on buying a pack of nabs within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Always a tough decision. Shooting someone in the back makes it tougher. Protecting life is a must! Couldn't live with myself if he ended up ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: buying a pack of nabs

Always a tough decision. Shooting someone in the back makes it tougher. Protecting life is a must! Couldn't live with myself if he ended up shooting and killing the clerk. Also have to ask yourself if you are prepared for the court battles (criminal and civil) and thousands...maybe hundreds of thousands in legal fees.

What are the odds you could take this guy out with a large can of baked beans to the head?!!
    Best Regards from Minnesota,

Rick

2. Remove Ads

Bang bang, I shot him down.
    Bang bang, he hit the ground.
    Bang bang, I shot the bad guy down.

And then, I slipped in another mag, just in case.

And called 911

This is a convenience store... there is video (by law in many states). Badguy has shown intent of causing great bodily harm or death by firing into wall at/near clerk.

My shots come as soon following his as possible.

As to the consequences of the mother's version of the video tape... That's for the civil suit after... and there isn't jail time for civil action (just ask OJ). Besides which, with no charges pressed for a reasonable shoot... the civil suit will be frivolous and counter suit on that basis a given.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

Wow you guys are all pretty confident of your shots!You had better pray to God you put his lights out and he doesn't have enought to put the clerk out before he goes down!!Wouldn't it be more adviseable to draw aim and be ready,just let him get money turn away from clerk know she was totally safe before putting his lights out that way when LE came you dont have a dead bg with a bullet in his BACK!That's a civil suit waiting to happen from the BG's family if I ever saw one.Called GUN HAPPY CCW

I wasn't sure if it was a treat or a bug in the service we called crabs,I'm gonna introduce him to lead chewing gum,He has shown a propensity for violence and In my mind if I wait he will kill the cashier,at 5 yards I can give him another orifice in his head
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Lean out from cover and light him up
    When the threat has been neutralized, yell for the clerk to call 911. Remain alert, checking the store for hidden goblins. Holster up when the police arrive, being prepared to comply with instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by MattInFla View Post
    Hmmm. With the usual caveat that you'd have to play it by gut in the moment...

If I genuinely believed that he would shoot her, I'd engage. At 3 yards, I'd probably shoot him in the back of the head and be done with it.

There are no Marquis of Queensbury rules at play here. There's no need to give him a warning or offer him an opportunity to get a round off, IMHO.
    I'm very inclined to agree with this. Safe is probably on the floor, so the clerk is stooped down, BG probably doesn't have his gun on her. Her life is obviously in jeopardy, and anyone waving a gun around is putting me in jeopardy, firing a shot seals the deal. If I feel confident he's not going to inadvertently shoot her on his way down, I'm putting one in his cranium. Fairness went out the window when he pulled a gun on a female clerk and started shooting.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by ECHOONE View Post
    Wow you guys are all pretty confident of your shots!You had better pray to God you put his lights out and he doesn't have enought to put the clerk out before he goes down!!Wouldn't it be more adviseable to draw aim and be ready,just let him get money turn away from clerk know she was totally safe before putting his lights out that way when LE came you dont have a dead bg with a bullet in his BACK!That's a civil suit waiting to happen from the BG's family if I ever saw one.Called GUN HAPPY CCW
    Respectfully disagree.

Badguy has shown intent to cause grave bodily harm to another by firing his weapon in the direction of that person. If clerk is able to open safe, and comply with BG... she (or he, it doesn't matter) could, and probably would, get shot anyway... If unable to open the safe (likely, as most clerks can only drop envelopes into a slot, not open the thing) Badguy is likely to shoot... after all, he shot in "irritation" at a ladies' lack of composure over having a gun stuck in her face... this guy is a dangerous loose cannon. He's probably tweaked on some substance.

Only change in this scenario, might be... if the gun is not pointed at the clerk at the safe... an order to drop the weapon from behind. Failure to comply INSTANTLY= fusilade.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

kpw
    Quote Originally Posted by ECHOONE View Post
    If your carrying, you better be confident or leave it at home. As soon as he fired a round, that's enough intent for me. The rest, if it happens, is where good lawyers earn their money.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    now what do you do ????
    Revoke his birth certificate..
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal...

Alabama Constitution of 1901 - That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the state.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Nabs (n): See Lance crackers, specifically Toastchee.
    This scenario is pretty clear cut BTW. Only in the most repressive 2A enclaves, or oddest of circumstances, would you find a DA or LEO who had a problem with this shoot.
    No, no, no! It's short for "Nabisco"!

Back to the OP:
    Unlike many, I am protective of my fellow man. Blame it on upbringing or miltary service, but I don't think I could stand by in any case of threat to another's life and do nothing. I hope that others would do the same for me.

Shot fired or not, the mere presense of his gun demonstrates a threat to life, and deadly force is legal. My humane side says tell him to drop the gun; my protective side says drop him in his tracks. I don't know which side would take precedence until I'm in that situation.

And for the call 911 and let the cops pick him up from my expert description, my personal opinion is that the majority of these BGs get away, despite video films and witnesses. And who's to say this guy isn't hitting another store down the road. That happpened here in FL just a couple of weeks ago. Guy robbed store, killed clerk and customer. Drove a few miles down the road, attempted to rob another store but was shot and killed by an armed clerk. Some much for good witnesses and letting cops pick him up (other than in a body bag).
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links