buying a pack of nabs

This is a discussion on buying a pack of nabs within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; so your off for a weekend fishing trip , realized you forgot to pick up your favorite snack peanut butter nabs , so its a ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: buying a pack of nabs

buying a pack of nabs

so your off for a weekend fishing trip , realized you forgot to pick up your favorite snack peanut butter nabs , so its a nice evening truck is packed , boat is on the tow , you decide to walk a half mile to the local shop and go.
    You are bent over in the isle stuffing your mitts with nabs , when along comes bg busting thru the door , gun at head height to the female clerk , gime the money !
    you have not been seen , now crouched down , nabs on floor , the clerk starts freeking out , crying , and shaking ,
    bang - bg shoots into the back wall , " collect yourself......
    you are about 15 ft facing his spine ,
    he tells her open the safe , its 4ft to her left , as she walks over , which gives you a clean shot to the back , the bg reaches over for a delicious free pack of bubble gum......

now what do you do ????
    Last edited by Yeti; July 29th, 2010 at 05:41 PM. Reason: **^%$* !

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    He has already demonstrated a willingness for deadly force I would feel justified to shoot him in the back to protect the cashier, and myself oh and don’t forget an RC to go with the nabs.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    2 COM, 1 to the head......

then, most likely, go outside and puke my guts out......
    Last edited by Chaplain Scott; July 28th, 2010 at 06:23 PM. Reason: added last thought
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

I’m firing COM until he drops gun or goes down (and drops gun).
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

"People in Arizona carry guns," said a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain Scott View Post
    2 COM, 1 to the head......

then, most likely, go outside and puke my guts out......
    you drank the RC ???

Senior Moderator
    Hmmm. With the usual caveat that you'd have to play it by gut in the moment...

If I genuinely believed that he would shoot her, I'd engage. At 3 yards, I'd probably shoot him in the back of the head and be done with it.

There are no Marquis of Queensbury rules at play here. There's no need to give him a warning or offer him an opportunity to get a round off, IMHO.
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    My thoughts exactly
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Hope I'm never in that situation, That being said there is no telling what would Transpire ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

kpw
    He was on thin ice threatening people with a gun, shooting a round off sealed the deal for him. Ask the clerk for a discount on the snacks.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Zipper up the back. Anyone near the spine should be instant paralysis.

Double tap, one to the left of the spine at heart level and another right behind it, followed by the rest of the clip on the main body mass as he goes down saving #11 for the brain pan.

Be a good witness.

First!

hehehehehehe

Seriously, though, I think the moment he fired a round, he demonstrated his commitment to using deadly force. This is now a situation where the clerk would definitely be justified in protecting herself with deadly force. Therefore, I will act on her behalf.
    Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.
    - Mike Tyson

Being in that unique situation I would probably put his lights out! I think the fact that he was discharging his weapon would be one of the major deciding factors. Also no other bystanders in the area and the clerk has already moved out of my line of fire as stated in the scenario.

Had no shots been fired by the BG, I likely would have been quiet as a mouse and become states witness for the prosecution when they catch the guy.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Had the BG not fired a shot I would have stayed low and been as good a witness as possible, would be kind of difficult to ID the guy tho assuming his back was at you the whole time, but clothing and stature are certainly a start. However, seeing as how the perp did fire a shot into the wall, ceiling, whatever, I would consider that to show he is willing and able to use deadly force so I would be as well. Then call the PD and hope that surveillance footage and the cashier's statement shows that I was justified so I dont get a set of chrome bracelets and an orange jump suit courtesy of the tax payers.

ETA: What are nabs? Lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links