Defensive Carry banner

Forced entry hostage scenario

2K views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  tcox4freedom 
#1 ·
You're sitting in the recliner, watching television. Family member is walking through the house in a robe (maybe just got out of the shower). As he/she approaches front door to throw the dead bolt for the night, the door gets kicked in by two 30 - 40 yr old 6 foot 200 pound males. You grab your side arm and take aim, but one of the two has already taken him/her hostage, knife to throat from behind, other hand is got a handful of hair, to keep him/her still (25% of the invader's head is showing - distance 20 feet). Second invader shows revolver, aimed at you. They don't appear to be under the influence.
"Drop the weapon. Take us upstairs (imagine you live in a 2 story house)! Where's the cash?!"
Your move.

#3 ·
Yep, the wife and I talk about this constantly. At the cue she drops like a ton of rocks. This is only going to give you a very brief opening to act. We have discussed the fact that there is a stong chance that she may be cut or wounded but we would rather take the situation into our own hands, versus being at the mercy of some dirt bag. Remember, be swift, be vicious, and show no mercy. They have brought this fight to you and your family they deserve the worst that may happen to them.

#10 ·
Deadbolt has no business not being thrown at night when preparing for bed... and the dogs would have alerted us of people on the property.

But we forgot. And the dogs weren't at home I guess...

So, S.O. has knife at throat by BG1. BG2 is aiming at me, I am aiming at him.

I have no choice but to pull the trigger on BG2 as needed to stop him while I'm moving toward the door. (there's no opportunity for cover, here... guns and weapons are in the open and engaged... this is a fight to the death.)

BG1, in response, may cut S.O. or continue to threaten... If he cuts, I am in a better position to shoot, as a result of my moving on BG1... I may be injured, perhaps mortally. If I can (am physically able to) fire on BG2 I will.

If BG2 continues to threaten, "his heart isn't in it." He has one opportunity to drop the knife and leave.

This is a "no win" scenario... people are going to get hurt, perhaps die... I do not see any way around this... Bad men have me at a disadvantage, they have my wife (or S.O.) at a disadvantage, these disadvantages cannot be overcome without use of force... and I do not trust that once the BGs get the cash, anything will change. We may all be dead or gravely wounded by the time the PD gets there.

#11 ·
This is a very difficult call.
The BGs are not high so have their faculties about them.
The wife has neither the training or ability to move the knife and drop
There is not a sufficient part of the knife wielders head exposed for a shot.
My belief is that we will be killed even if we comply.

Shoot the gunman to the ground while moving.
I do not believe the knife wielder will cut the wife, after seeing his backup shot to the ground. He is sure to realize that if he does he is dead.
A brief conversation will occur between me and the knife wielder, the subject or content of which I will not post.
When the opportunity occurs, which I believe it will, eliminate the threat.

It could go differently, if so do what is necessary to try to help us both survive.

#12 ·
My wife and I have discussed this very issue. She knows that with the first kick on the door, Mr. Glock will be welcoming the first dirtbag through the door.
Our home is our castle and it will be defended with quick violence...no questions asked or required, my rules WILL apply. :read1:

I too agree, I do not think that my front or back door can be kicked in with one try. Any noise indication such an attempt will be taken seriously.
I have my Glock-36 on my person as I type.

Stay armed...stay prepared, even at home...stay safe!

#13 ·
No doubt somebody is gonna get hurt but I think I'd take out the BG with the gun. Hopefully that would surprise BG1 and my wife should take advantage of this to try and fight back get try to get out of the way. Move onto BG1 straight on, close the gap pointing the gun right at the eyeball, keep coming in. if he dont drop it. shoot...

BG1 might cut my wife but he wont have any protection and he is knife vs gun.

High risk but I don't think they are expecting any resistance..

There would be a lot of distractions going on as our overly protective 100lb black lab would be all over BG2 with the knife.
That's mama's boy.

#14 ·
As I grab my weapon I am coming out of the recliner...That in itself moves me TOWARD the two BG's. Because of the speed of the situation, the revolver will either be presented or is in the process of being presented. Either way, he receives my first rounds as soon as I see the revolver. Although my SO is in extreme danger with the other knife wielding BG, the knife wielder has become second choice. After eliminating the revolver BG, the one holding my wife has a choice to make. HE is now at the tactical disadvantage of only having the knife. He will either choose to let my SO go and exit the same door he entered, or he will cut my SO. If he cuts my SO, then he is definitely a dead man...If he chooses to release her, then I will still take the shot as soon as he does. If he has not cut my SO and has not released her, then at that point I must make an instantaneous decision to shoot. I pray this is a scenario that never occurs to any of us. JMO

#16 ·
Shoot the hostage.

Nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure

I love it when a plan comes together

#17 ·
I almost lived thru this scenario...except I was sitting in my recliner without my weapon. I had just driven in from Florida and was tired...without thinking i put my weapon on my dresser and went back downstairs to lock up. Instead I sat down and continued to watch tv...my wife had gone to bed and at 11:15 some dirtbag decided to try and kick in my door. i yelled..ran upstairs and had my weapon within 5 seconds of the first sound. Now, as I type I have my 1911 on me.

To answer the question...My wife and I know that above all else our children are to be protected. In this I mean that the BG with gun is getting shot. I will deal with BG with knife after I shoot his partner multiple times. If I am able I do my combat reload and give BG with knife 2 options...harm my wife and I will kill him. Drop the knife, and run...

My wife is very short, and petite...but we trained in Judo for close to 10 years. She knows that I won't let anything happen to our children, and if I can protect her then she will be safe. Now since she is short I'm quite capable of hitting him in the head from a distance of 10-20 feet. With her physical build there is always some part of that scum bags body showing. He knows it and so do I...

I continue to pray that God will protect me and mine.

#18 ·
Pretty much the same thing for us. No way in hell I am dropping the gun and letting these ******** take control.

First one dies when my wife kicks and drops. Right after that shot I am moving laterally in which ever direction is available. I may take a hit but that will give the wife time to get away. Moving laterally should give me a fighting chance unless the BG is a marksman. Then he is dead as well. Several shot to center mass should end him. Either way the wife gets away and that is what counts.

#21 ·
I agree that the BG with the gun is the first to get shot. He can take me out of the fight then my wife has no protection at all. After Bg with gun is on the floor play out what ever happens with the Bg with knife. But when it is all said and done both BGs WILL BE ON THE FLOOR and if I did my job right they will be DEAD

#22 ·
I'll sit aside the fact that my two APBTs will most likely have the situation well under control before I can get out of my recliner for this scenario.

"IF" my dogs weren't already at the door, I would follow the same path as Guantes:

My wife knows I'm going for the BG w/gun 1st. This should surprise the other BG enough to temporarily draw his attention away from my wife and onto me and his dead friend.

Hopefully at this point, my wife could throw her body backwards then drop like a stone. (If not, we have a little chat while I look for an exposed eyeball & bridge of the nose.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.