In the mall - Page 3

In the mall

This is a discussion on In the mall within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Get your wife out of there and call the police. Help if you think the BG is going to fire....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: In the mall

Get your wife out of there and call the police. Help if you think the BG is going to fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom G View Post
    If I thought the bad guy was about to shoot one of the employees and I had a clear shot I would take it. Otherwise I would be a good witness. In the mean time I would get my wife out of the area and have her call 911. My gun would stay holstered otherwise. you never know when the cops might show up and you could find your self being the target.
    Yeah, I like this idea the best. Of course in Florida having a weapon on mall property isn't an automatic felony. In Miami Dade County the local ordinance says that if you ccw into a mall or other private property and IF you are detected you may be asked to leave the premises. If you return again armed and are AGAIN detected you may be arrested for trespass after warning, a misdemeanor.

Folks, I'll break anybody's POLICY on ccw in a situation like this in my home county (Miami Dade). In this situation, I think I'm a good witness, but if the perp segues into being an active shooter, then I'm going to maneuver and make the shot where it counts.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Whip out cell phone, speed dial Gecko 45, then pin him down with cover fire until the mall fast action response team with their stinger equiped .338 larupa armed golf carts show up.
    A 1911 is Not an obsession, it's simply a recognition that it's THE Gun. :-) All others are runner ups. And hey, if all else fails, aim for the nose and fling it to knock out your foe. Let's see y'all do that with a kel-Tec. ;-)

It was Shrikes

really? been awhile since I read it, but could have sworn it was stinger missles. either way :-)
    A 1911 is Not an obsession, it's simply a recognition that it's THE Gun. :-) All others are runner ups. And hey, if all else fails, aim for the nose and fling it to knock out your foe. Let's see y'all do that with a kel-Tec. ;-)

But what if he yells "HEY" and the bad guy turns toward him and in a panic the bad guy fires at him? Now you have a gun battle.
    One more step and it's on!

As soon as the bg's muzzle clears the clerk by a couple feet during his turn, Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang.

Simple. Neutralize the threat and then eat a sandwich.

I would prefer a burrito.

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    I would prefer a burrito.
    I don't know about the rest of you but in the aftermath I'm going to be pretty shaky and near to throwing up dinner from last night, breakfast and probably lunch is going to be the very last thing on my mind. I don't think I'm going to be ever sooooo cool as Bond, James Bond. :c)
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Quote Originally Posted by metalman8600 View Post
    Simple. Neutralize the threat and then eat a sandwich.
    I would try this......

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    I don't know about the rest of you but in the aftermath I'm going to be pretty shaky and near to throwing up dinner from last night, breakfast and probably lunch is going to be the very last thing on my mind. I don't think I'm going to be ever sooooo cool as Bond, James Bond. :c)
    ......but would probably end up more like this
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

No Bond cool, just a personal idiosyncrasy, I get hungry after heavy stuff goes down.

Geeze, it sure sounds like 007. I have seen and participated in some nasty stuff in my life, from being a first responder to a horrific night time car crash where I had to render first aid, to seeing a friend auger in with a total 'chute failure on a HALO drop to body recovery after a Blackhawk crash and worse. None of them ever left me anywhere near to being HUNGRY. Still different strokes for different folks, I guess. We all handle high stress differently.

I hear you. I have seen people shot, stuck and cut on every part of the body, some dead some alive. A child knocked thirty feet out of his shoes by an armenian schooner, a male who detached the top of his head with an ought six and a male run over and drug in a front wheel well of a car which sanded half his leg off, a kidnapper take an ought six round in the ear at ten yards. I was in a pursuit with a swat unit set up, up ahead. They were going to take out the driver of the veh with a shotgun as we went by at 100+. That made me a little tense. Fortunately we went by so fast they could not get a shot, probably would have killed me. Maybe I'm just crusty.

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    Geeze, it sure sounds like 007. I have seen and participated in some nasty stuff in my life, from being a first responder to a horrific night time car crash where I had to render first aid, to seeing a friend auger in with a total 'chute failure on a HALO drop to body recovery after a Blackhawk crash and worse. None of them ever left me anywhere near to being HUNGRY. Still different strokes for different folks, I guess. We all handle high stress differently.
    When I was held a gunpoint at the age of 16 I was so nervously hungry afterwards I ate two foot long subs...
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links