Scary times for a Navy buddy

This is a discussion on Scary times for a Navy buddy within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Oh thanks paramedic you reminded me I completely forgot what the app manager said after the first incident . . . prepare to be infuriated ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scary times for a Navy buddy

Oh thanks paramedic you reminded me I completely forgot what the app manager said after the first incident . . . prepare to be infuriated . . .

(from a comment he made regarding the window smashing)

"So I went to tell the leasing office about what had happened and the manager just said, "well you are fighting for us so we can have our first amendment and obviously someone was using theirs" and i said "mam, breaking windows is a crime" a...nd she said "no its freedom of speech..."."

I don't know if he still has decals, he's been out for a while now but he does do some contracted security work on some base (Luke AFB?), so I assume he does. And BTW the lives in Mesa a suburb of Phoenix.
    MA2, USN

When only cops have guns, it's called a "police state". Love your country, but never trust its government.
    -- Robert A. Heinlein.

2. Remove Ads

If he's contracted to work on base (probably Luke)....then he should contact the local AFOSI office (this would have been helpful information in the OP) and tell them what happened. AFOSI will have local LE contacts to put this in context. As far as the manager, I'd be half tempted to put her through a window, you know, to exercise your 1st Amendment rights. What an idiot. I'd give a call to the property management company and explain how their manager believes damaging THEIR property is a 1st Amendment right....and see how they think about that.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

"So I went to tell the leasing office about what had happened and the manager just said, "well you are fighting for us so we can have our first amendment and obviously someone was using theirs" and i said "mam, breaking windows is a crime" a...nd she said "no its freedom of speech..."."
    Wow sounds like the manager is the one doing the breaking, lol... breaking a window and threatening is not "freedom of speech"
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Make sure he mentions what the manager said to the police/MP too. Maybe they can enlighten her about a thing called vandalism/harassment/etc.

Wow sounds like the manager is the one doing the breaking, lol... breaking a window and threatening is not "freedom of speech"
    It sounds like some kind of fantasy - something out of one of those weird e-mails you get that turn out to be fabricated. Doesn't pass "go" with me. I call BS on the whole thing.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Quote Originally Posted by shockwave View Post
    It sounds like some kind of fantasy - something out of one of those weird e-mails you get that turn out to be fabricated. Doesn't pass "go" with me. I call BS on the whole thing.
    THIS
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

With AZ’s new CC law, he can buy a gun & holster and be packing it as he walks out of the store. Obviously he needs some training, and there are many places to receive some training in the Phx area and Mesa in particular.
    Sounds like he needs to take advantage of the recently passed AZ CC law.
    A shotgun in the house is also a good idea. We’ve got plenty of them in AZ.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

"People in Arizona carry guns," said a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    THIS
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by MedicMan218 View Post
    Holy crap!
    What would the legal aspect, in Az, of that be if he were to fire through the door at the person with the pistol at the peep hole?
    I already know what it is for me. If I did not, I'm not thinking I would be worrying about it right then.

Crazy story. Time to arm up, and move.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

It's an apartment, time to pick up and move. Now. This is grounds enough to break a lease.

Welcome to the new America where people want all the privileges of being American all the while hating America. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    It's an apartment, time to pick up and move. Now. This is grounds enough to break a lease.

Welcome to the new America where people want all the privileges of being American all the while hating America. Go figure.
    Not according to his apt. manager, lol......
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

Add me to that list. Either this is a BeeEss story, of there's something else going on as well. Perhaps both.

I am retired miltary, and never had anything like this happen. I often lived off-base.

I can only go with what he tells me, I doubt he would make up a story like this. I passed on all of your suggestions, lets see what he says.
    MA2, USN

When only cops have guns, it's called a "police state". Love your country, but never trust its government.
    -- Robert A. Heinlein.

Quote Originally Posted by ZX9RCAM View Post
    Not according to his apt. manager, lol......
    Screw his apartment manager, I guarantee if he leaves and signs another lease he can take the apartment to small claims and win before a judge seeing he has police reports.

sounds like your friend didn't tell you the whole story. The police do not show up in force like that for no reason at all. If he really is telling you the whole story tell him to contact the Police Department who made the visit and request to speak to a on duty Shift Commander then ask him about the incident. Maybe your friend was set up by this loser who left the note.
    If you can read this thank a teacher. If it is written in English thank a Marine.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links