Scary times for a Navy buddy

This is a discussion on Scary times for a Navy buddy within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Quoting from my friend's facebook, looks like scary times ahead for him. 2 days ago "Someone broke into my car by smashing my front passenger ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scary times for a Navy buddy

Quoting from my friend's facebook, looks like scary times ahead for him.

2 days ago

"Someone broke into my car by smashing my front passenger window, didn't steal anything but left a nice note "F_ you and the rest of the military". Best part is, they have to be a resident in my complex to even see my car... the note would've been enough... I AM PISSED!"

Today

" POLICE VISIT.... Theres nothing like having more than 10 police officers respond to your door in under 5 minutes... Someone knocked on my door and when i looked thru the peephole they pointed a handgun right to it and screamed "We know where you live marine!".... I'm a Sailor..... Time to buy a Beretta...."

Since he lives in Arizona I reminded him of the easy going concealed carry laws, and suggested he buy and carry a pistol 24/7 as well as having a shotgun handy in the house.
    MA2, USN

When only cops have guns, it's called a "police state". Love your country, but never trust its government.
    -- Robert A. Heinlein.

Holy crap!
    What would the legal aspect, in Az, of that be if he were to fire through the door at the person with the pistol at the peep hole?
    "I don't like repeat offenders, I like DEAD offenders!" -- Ted Nugent
    "Not everyone can be born with common sense, some are born liberals." -- MM218

Where in AZ?

Any more information on possible BGs? Could this be in response to the increase in troops () being sent to the border...and drug cartels (and associated businesses) are unhappy with this?

Has he reported it to NCIS? They need this information to push to the other services (CID/902MI, AFOSI) to see if there is an increased force protection concern to CONUS forces, especially those in the border areas.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

He's currently out of the Navy. I will forward the suggestion as you're right, it may be a Force Protection issue.

Anybody know the legality of me loaning him a shotgun? I live in CA he lives in AZ, would an interstate loan be problematic?
    MA2, USN

When only cops have guns, it's called a "police state". Love your country, but never trust its government.
    -- Robert A. Heinlein.

I won't say anything that could be construed as illegal...but it may be faster if your buddy gets his own shotgun. Also, there is no gun registration in CA or AZ....
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Sorry about your friend. I hate people like that, why do people go after the service members when they are mad about something the government is doing? We are just doing our job.
    +1 on getting a gun and informing NCIS.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Sailor View Post

2 days ago

"Someone broke into my car by smashing my front passenger window, didn't steal anything but left a nice note "F_ you and the rest of the military". Best part is, they have to be a resident in my complex to even see my car... the note would've been enough... I AM PISSED!"

Today

" POLICE VISIT.... Theres nothing like having more than 10 police officers respond to your door in under 5 minutes... Someone knocked on my door and when i looked thru the peephole they pointed a handgun right to it and screamed "We know where you live marine!".... I'm a Sailor..... Time to buy a Beretta...."

Since he lives in Arizona I reminded him of the easy going concealed carry laws, and suggested he buy and carry a pistol 24/7 as well as having a shotgun handy in the house.
    Its time to buy a gun or two..or three and a couple shotguns! he'll hopefully have a long enough life to make up for the costs...
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

GM
    Holy crap! That was not good at all.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Senior Member Array KiltedTexan's Avatar
    Hope he gets armed, stays armed, and stays safe.
    XD Service .45 ACP
    XDM .45 ACP Bi-Tone
    Ruger LCR .38 Special +P CT
    Texas CHL
    NRA Member

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    get him armed ASAP, get NCIS contacted and on this, former sailors are still under their jurisdiction
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

HOLY FLAPJACKS BATMAN!

Instead of loaning your gun to a "friend" you both may be better served if he buys his own and gets some training on how to use it. Just because he was in the Navy has no bearing on his competence with any weapon. He could've been a Baker, Candlestick Maker, or a Corpsman.

Also, your friend needs to get up to speed on the ROE's. Knowledge of how to shoot is easy to come by. Knowing when you can and can't is far more important IMHO.

Biker

Un-freaking-believeable! I just don't get this mentality...who does this? I hope your buddys stays safe, he really needs a few guns.

Good Lord..Get him trained and armed a.s.a.p... The second part about the gun at the peep hole in some scary stuff. I hope he can remain safe.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Sailor View Post

2 days ago

Today

Where does he live in AZ?

It may have been some loser druggie with nothing to do. I hope it's a one time thing .Good luck and buy a gun soon.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links