Not my job - Page 7

Not my job

This is a discussion on Not my job within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by caubry89 Treo I don't think it has anything to do with a gun. Even if I'm unarmed I will do anything including ...

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Not my job

Quote Originally Posted by caubry89 View Post
    Treo I don't think it has anything to do with a gun. Even if I'm unarmed I will do anything including putting my life on the line for another person in danger.
    So, your wiling to risk your family's well being and financial future?

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    So, your wiling to risk your family's well being and financial future?
    Yes. I think they would be behind me knowing that I did the right thing and I think anyone in my family would do that same exact thing.

Quote Originally Posted by caubry89 View Post
    Yes. I think they would be behind me knowing that I did the right thing and I think anyone in my family would do that same exact thing.
    And you've discussed this with them? Your spouse knows that whatever standard of living you now enjoy will suffer...at risk for losing your house...at risk for not providing for your children' future...your spouse knows he/she may be a working single parent? Heck, my wife was less than pleased I was going to be gone for 20 months (but she understood)...does your spouse know that you're willing to sacrifice everything for a questionable event? (now matter how you see it, whatever prosecuting atty or personal injury/civil atty won't see it your way).

Again, Murphy's Law prevails: Never share a foxhole with someone braver than yourself.

carguy--I think the rest of us would like to hear about your history of saving people and taking down BGs....please enlighten us.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Sig - unlike you, Ii don't advertise.

Quote Originally Posted by carguy2244 View Post
    Dude, if you've never actually backed up your talk just say so

OK...explain this one to me.

Secondly, most frauds (usually military-wanna-be's) claim something along the lines of "it's classified"..."I can't talk about it...<wink> <wink>"....but fail to produce any verifiable, tangible evidence to their claim of achievements. I think you've pretty much sunk your credibility regarding self-defense and carrying with this last post.

You talk about holding people to standards....yet when you are held to the same standard you presumably hold, you don't "advertise"...uh huh....riiight....that's what I thought.

You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

What's the difference what I do, or have done? The thread is "NOT MY JOB", and you've come down on the side saying it's "NOT YOUR JOB". Challenging me personally doesn't divert attention from your position, which I view as immoral.

Guys,
    We are getting a little hot under the collar here. Let's chill a bit and leave the ad hominem arguments on the school ground. It's pretty clear we have at least two tracks here: The interventionist and the reluctant participant. There is clearly a different threshold for action on the part of these two types. Place, situation, group membership (e.g. family vs humanity), possible consequences, world view, etc. are all coming into play. Peoples' threshold for action vary. One is not right and the other wrong, necessrily. Consider the consequences of your action BEFORE acting; what are your obligations and how are they ranked? What are the costs of your actions? If you draw, or if you shoot, or if you kill, you will be judged on the bais of what mythical "prudent man" would have done in similar circumstances - not what a saint or 'cowboy' would have done. The standard is applied AFTER the fact not before it.

What's the difference what I do, or have done? The thread is "NOT MY JOB", and you've come down on the side saying it's "NOT YOUR JOB". Challenging me personally doesn't divert attention from your position, which I view as immoral.
    Like others here, I'm continuously learning from others experiences. You claim:

Quote Originally Posted by carguy2244
    Do you all know why we have a right to carry? The 2nd. We can agree we, adult citizens in good standing, are the militia. We, the militia, are granted the Constitutional right to be armed, to protect the security of a free state. From what? From tyranny. From enemies both outside, and within. And tyranny is not restricted to tyranny from government. Tyranny comes in the form of aggressors in all forms. That includes the thug in the convenience store, and the hoodlum beating up on a stranger at a bus stop. You're all so pleased to have the 2A right to carry protected by the Constitution, but hide from the responsibility required of you in the 2nd Amendment. By that measure, which is clear and indisputable, your right to carry is not protected, due to your deficiency in meeting the stipulations of 2A.
    Which sounds very altruistic...like someone who is new to carrying...As if we should all be on the lookout for BGs. When I learned you have been carrying since 1976, you obviously have a lot of experience. You also claim:
    I'm intimately familiar with the financial, legal, social, and psychological ramifications of physical interventions, whether they include a sidearm or not.
    Thus led me to question your experiences. Reading I have done has shown that in a great number of cases, the shooting had gone to a grand jury...leading the person involved in a self-defense shooting to be involved with the police....or if the case went to trial, retaining defense attorneys and subject matter experts.

Then you hit me up with this:
    The fact remains as stated above. It's the obligation of every able bodied citizen to contribute to the security of a free state, because it's that free state that allows us all the privileges we enjoy - and that obligation is full time and permanent.

When you enlisted, you took on that obligation, and presumably you fulfill it honorably every moment. Why would you hold others up to a lower standard?
    Which leads me to believe you are measuring those here by your standards...it’s not wrong, just unrealistic. So I then ask you to strive to reach my lower standard of “show me”...Please. In your 34 years of carrying, share with us your first-hand experience of financial and legal ramifications in the aftermath of a defensive shooting while in the defense of another whereby you did not have the duty to respond. I’m sure all of us would be willing to learn.

If you see this as a challenge, I can’t change how you feel. If you make claims on a self-defense board of being ”intimately familiar with financial, legal...ramifications...” you should be prepared to share (and prove if asked)—not “I don’t advertise”. If it were me, I’d want to share my first-hand experience with others so that they would be better informed than I was in the event of a shooting.

There is a thread here from one of the members (can’t find it yet...involves BGs at a car wash) where he provides his experience...I learned a lot from him. So in your 34 years of carrying and being involved in many shootings, I would like hear your experience.

I find the "Ignore Member" feature to be the best, of many features available.

It's shortened this thread right up.

Biker

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    And you've discussed this with them? Your spouse knows that whatever standard of living you now enjoy will suffer...at risk for losing your house...at risk for not providing for your children' future...your spouse knows he/she may be a working single parent? Heck, my wife was less than pleased I was going to be gone for 20 months (but she understood)...does your spouse know that you're willing to sacrifice everything for a questionable event? (now matter how you see it, whatever prosecuting atty or personal injury/civil atty won't see it your way).

Again, Murphy's Law prevails: Never share a foxhole with someone braver than yourself.

carguy--I think the rest of us would like to hear about your history of saving people and taking down BGs....please enlighten us.
    Sig I am not married and I dont have any kids but I do live with my brother and his 3 children and yes I have talked to my brother about this subject and he has said he would do the same thing. And I'm not talking about questionable events, if it's a couple guys on the street in a fight then no I will not get involved, but a women being raped or a store robbery at gun point then yes I will do what needs done.

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    I find the "Ignore Member" feature to be the best, of many features available.

It's shortened this thread right up.

Biker
    Cute, and true; but then you miss all the "flavor."

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorBob View Post
    Cute, and true; but then you miss all the "flavor."
    One need not choke on the bones to savor the flavorful parts of the stew.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Senior Moderator
    If, by my refusal, I earn the undying contempt of a moderator who I’ve never met in my life and who won’t contribute one dime to defray my expenses if I do, so what ?
    I'd send you a dime to help defray the cost of your expense...

for that matter...if you did a good job on the perp, I might even send you a buck !
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I just read that the average cost of defending a justifiable shooting prosecution is $40,000. That doesn't even suggest what the cost of a civil action might be...

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Sponsored Links