Innocent to not so much in 2.5 seconds... - Page 3

Innocent to not so much in 2.5 seconds...

This is a discussion on Innocent to not so much in 2.5 seconds... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by bsms Open carry is legal in AZ, as is concealed. When driving, I pull up my shirt to leave the grip free ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Innocent to not so much in 2.5 seconds...

Quote Originally Posted by bsms View Post
    Open carry is legal in AZ, as is concealed. When driving, I pull up my shirt to leave the grip free - which also leaves it plainly visible from the driver's side. Also, AZ allows defensive display - revealing a gun you hope not to use but to let the other person know you are not defenseless.

Unless he is very big & pissed, or grabs a metal pipe, I wouldn't pull a gun. As others have said, if he gains entry, things change immediately. Someone who beats their way thru a car window is definitely a threat of serious bodily harm or death - but there aren't many who would continue to try to enter a car if they know I am armed.

That is pretty much exactly what I was gonna say!
    Operation Enduring Freedom Veteran

VIP Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    Avoiding things like this is why I usually leave three to five feet between me and the next car up at stoplights or signs- leaving me room to crank the wheel over and pull out.

I would record the license number of the aggressor's vehicle, allow him to pound on my car, then call the police with the license number, physical description of the assailant, etc.

Then I would wait for his insurance company to call mine.
    Not my circus, not my monkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    I don't usually do the "courtesy honk" until it's been a good 3-4 seconds and most of the time the driver has realized his error by that time.

However, if things went exactly as you say then I would continue to wait in my car and let him pound the crap out of it until either, a) the police arrive or b) he gains entrance to my vehicle.

If he's just pounding on my car with his fists he may put some dents in it but I'm not too worried about him getting to me and I will wait it out if I can't get away.

BUT if he gets a tool, such as a tire iron out and starts coming at my vehicle I'm drawing. He can and probably will gain access quickly and with such a tool/weapon I am in fear for my life.

Of course I would try to maneuver my car until I could drive away as well. No matter how blocked in you are there is usually enough room to do some wiggling and get away, even if you have to use the sidewalks.

This. ^^^ I'd also have my cell out and after calling 911, be taking pics or video, including license plate. I'd have my purse next to me, holster section open, gun easily accessible but wouldnt draw or display it unless he got thru a window or pulled his own gun.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    Important! I always try to stop where I can see the bottom of the other person's tires. Generally this gives you enough room to do whatever you like.

Bit IF I stopped where I couldn't maneuver around, and IF this guy started going crazy, my reaction depends on a lot of variables. Does he have a weapon? If not I'm not drawing, I'm calling the cops. If he has a weapon and I'm in fear for my life, it depends on what he has and what he drives. If it's something that's not too big I may just drop it into 4-wheel low and run his unlucky, soon-to-be piece of crap over. I drive a Wrangler with 4-5" of lift and 33" tires. Running it over serves two purposes. It gets me the heck out of Dodge without having to shoot anyone, and it gives the guy what he deserves for being such an uncivilized member of society.

@_@

You'd better be 100% sure there's no kids or babies in car seats in that car. And that the light hasnt changed again, allowing traffic back into that intersection. Pretty sure there'd be reckless driving/endangered charge in there too...as has been said, a car is a lethal weapon.

There are so many things wrong with that response, besides apparently being 'satisyfing,' that I cant even post them all.

I hope it was a joke. If so, I apologize.
    Fortune favors the bold.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Quote Originally Posted by Philo Betto View Post
    Given that I drive a 4x4 Powerstroke, I might just drop it in 4x4 lo and push the guy's car into the middle of the intersection...or farther.
    Again, think about these things. Are you positive there's no one else in that car? Kids hiding because daddy's mad? What about when the light changes while you shove the car forward? To me, once you do that, you have escalated the situation. If he has not damaged your car and has merely been threatening....you are the one commtting more criminal acts.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links