Interesting scenario - Page 4

Interesting scenario

This is a discussion on Interesting scenario within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Big Kahuna did they mention specifically where in suburban Maryland this allegedly occurred? If we can find out which county I still have friends on ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Interesting scenario

Big Kahuna did they mention specifically where in suburban Maryland this allegedly occurred? If we can find out which county I still have friends on various departments back in that area that could get me a copy of the report.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    Big Kahuna did they mention specifically where in suburban Maryland this allegedly occurred? If we can find out which county I still have friends on various departments back in that area that could get me a copy of the report.
    Ask 'em anyway... I'd love to know itf the story's true.

this was posted on the 1st of Feb, 2010 the year that it occurred:

They say there is a God, and at times like this I tend to believe it.

Daddy the barbarian has been in jail since the iccident of the 12th of January. He was charged with attemtped assault, verbal threatening, distrubing the peace, and most of all, resisting arrest. His bail was set at the hearing at 200,000 thousand dollars, and he could not make bail. Bail was set so high as he has a prior record of assault and battery, plus they had the tape from the security camera showing how he resisted 4 police officers tryiing to get him cuffed. He could not put his house up for bond because he's upside down on the loan and did not have enough equity to cover him, and he and wify are up to thier noses in debt with maxed out credit cards. Daddy stys in jail till trial.

It gets better.

The county D.A. after investigating, has charged wify with conspiring to commit fellony assault, and inciting a disturbance of the peace, and was arrested and had to bond out on 50,000 dollars bail. They had enough equity in the house to cover that.

I was very impressed with the young lady doing the job for the country. Very sharp and proffesional. She made the motion for no bail because of the prior, made a big deal out of my service record and the fact I'm a partly disabled senior citizen, and my attacker is a 31 year old 280 pound 6 foot 4 inch personal trainer, made daddy out to be a violent danger to the community, and so on. Judge made a decision and daddy stays in orange jumpsuit.
    Trial was to be in about 4 months from the Feb. 1 posting so sometime in June?

Then in April 2010, 18 pages into the discussion, the OP added this update:

the couple are so mired in drug charges for both the sale and distribution of illeagal steriods and 'other' materials, that the assault charges are on the way back burner. The feds have gotten involved as he was distributing across state lines in Virginia and District Of Columbia as well as here in Maryland. They are in the fertilizer so deep, I'm very likely to be dead, burried and forgotten by the time they ever see daylight again. They both are in jail, as mommy was in on the distribution. Amazing what the cops can find on sized laptops.
    No further posts from the OP in 20 pages of responses.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

The more I read the less credible I find it. Being from over a year ago might make things a little tougher. I know my departments CAD premise history would go back almost ten years, but I am not that familiar with P.G. Howard and Anne Arundle.
    What has me suspicious are the little things like hearing the sirens. Read the story and look at a watch and estimate how long it is between him exposing his knife and sirens being heard. My department that would have been a routine response (no lights or sirens) unless they were actually fighting or the knife was displayed. Then, someone has to tell the calltaker who must either modify the existing call or create a duplicate call and send it over. Then the dispatcher has to read the new info and update the officers who then have to turn sirens on. Real world time 30-90 seconds.

Next is the arresting of the daddy. Unless daddy had an outstanding warrant the only charge they could have arrested him on there was the disturbing the peace. And that disturbing of the peace only entails what occurred in their presence. The "attempted assault" charge is bogus. As daddy did not have a weapon he could not have been charged with first degree assault. Second degree assault is only a misdemeanor. Oh yeah, he didn't do that either. Nowhere in the story do we have daddy attempting to strike the writer. He threatens to but never swings at him. In Maryland if it is a misdemeanor they would F.I. both parties and tell the "victim" to go to the commissioner and swear out charges.

We also have to look at the part about "three of the biggest officers." Just how many officers were there? A call like this my department would typically send two. If those two called for back up they would get more until scene secured.

He talks about it being 45 minutes to sort things out. Not happening. This is basically a five to fifteen minute call. And the reality is these happen multiple times everyday in just about every jurisdiction of any real size in the country.

And from the later post, on what grounds did we have laptops seized?

A whole lot of doesn't add up to me.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links