Finding yourself in a remote Marijuana Farm.... that is Guarded - Page 2

Finding yourself in a remote Marijuana Farm.... that is Guarded

This is a discussion on Finding yourself in a remote Marijuana Farm.... that is Guarded within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Always trust your 'gut'...I would have left after the second pass of the white truck... ..and called 911 on the way home....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Finding yourself in a remote Marijuana Farm.... that is Guarded

Always trust your 'gut'...I would have left after the second pass of the white truck.....and called 911 on the way home.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    Any Jose, Maria, or whatever name they are using this week is here to sponge off America, legally or illegally.
    WOW. Bigoted much? What about those who are here LEGALLY because they are HIGHLY SKILLED in specific fields and providing a service to this country?

Never mind. Just keep your bigotry to yourself and let's discuss defensive situations. Would it really change how you reacted if the guys were white hillbillies with shotguns and booby traps (as are most of the pot farmers in Missouri and Arkansas)?
    Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.
    - Mike Tyson

Texas has no law on the books about having a long gun in your vehicle, other than school grounds ect..

I have started carring a top fold R. 870 in my truck door with extra ammo.

It can not be seen with the door closed and the black door panel matches the color of the 870.

Hopefully with wife and my CCs and the 870 we might have a chance of getting away.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by gruntingfrog View Post
    WOW. Bigoted much? What about those who are here LEGALLY because they are HIGHLY SKILLED in specific fields and providing a service to this country?

Never mind. Just keep your bigotry to yourself and let's discuss defensive situations. Would it really change how you reacted if the guys were white hillbillies with shotguns and booby traps (as are most of the pot farmers in Missouri and Arkansas)?
    Wow....aren't you just a little too sensitive? I read Biker's post as saying that the illegal aliens are here to make money either by legal means or illegal means. Nothing was said about legal immigrants doing legal work....
    Last edited by Rotorblade; August 12th, 2010 at 12:47 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by quietsage View Post
    Well, I have to be honest. I can't really say what I would do if I had to face two guys with shotguns and I had my G26 or G19.

Run like hell would probably be my very first option. Run, call 911, get to truck, get AWAY, get police. Man, I don't know. There are a million variables ...
    The one variable that really matters is this: whether they'd let you leave.

The obvious problem is that someone has seen the operation and that someone is now about to be let loose into town. It's entirely likely that a report would be made to police and that their operation is about to be shut down (violently, if they're caught on-site at the time of the raid). For this reason, accidentally bumping into such a situation in which armed people from that facility catch you there, it's very much a dire, immediate threat to your very lives.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorblade View Post
    Wow....aren't you just a little too sensitive? I read Biker's post as saying that the illegal aliens are here to make money either by legal means or illegal means. Nothing was said about legal immigrants doing legal work....
    Thank you Rotorblade, for putting it in simple terms that the more simple of us can understand.

That's what happens, someone gets offended and takes it the wrong way when I try to use big words and logic.

Biker

AS always If you get to choose your fight, pick one you can win. Those you see may not be all there is. There is no shame in a retrograde. With either my wife or my best friend there would be two weapons that could be used. But I would still get the duck out of Dodge if I could.

I also carry a AK with a folding stock in my jeep when my wife and I are out for a Saturday afternoon drive. I will just say it make me feel better.

Thought I should add some more, those two fellas with the shotguns were aged 30 and 23, one had a warrant. They were fully aware of the choices they made. Has nothing to do with immigration status. Geographically speaking, grow operations cover this entire country...from the fellas in Washington state to the fellas in Kentucky, and California, and Alaska, and Florida, New Mexico....etc. Could be a hippie or hillbilly, doesn't matter. From a business stand, why not...grow inside the country and cut out transportation cost and loss. Not to mention, its a good way to divert attention from other larger things. The bust at Pinto was the small one, outside Cedar City they got a 10,000 plant farm with drip irrigation...the works. Wow, alot going on on our public lands.

What concerns me is this: Once you happen upon the pot field or meth lab or whatever...your there. You have seen it, you know where it is, you are remote...most likely with no cell coverage, you may be some distance from your vehicle, and chances are that due to all the variables.....well...all you have is a compact or sub compact pistol with maybe one spare mag...maybe. Thats it. The fellas that have been sitting out there have more firepower than you do and they have just spotted you and I seriously doubt that they would just want to 'talk' it out.

I know not everyone wanders deep into the BLM, Nat Forests, backcountry and the like....but I do and will continue to do so. I must say that I feel safer out in the desert, the forest, the mountains than I do in any city.........but thats a double edged sword really...no backup, no hospital, no LE....just you. Just you and your GF or BF perhaps. So what will you do? Think I will run, run, run if I can. If I can't run, if I can't choose..then I stand my ground and see if my training pulls me through.

Shotgun vs. Handgun is a no brainer, as the shotgun will win every time up close. Your advantage, if they are using shotguns, is to increase the distance and fire from what is generally considered rifle range.
    Not necessarily.
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN
    Any Jose, Maria, or whatever name they are using this week is here to sponge off America, legally or illegally.
    Biker, I'm going to drop this after this post because it doesn't pertain to firearms and defensive scenarios, buy you didn't use any big words or logic, you made a broad generalization about an entire group of people using stereotypical names to make the point that you are referring to Mexicans in general, not illegals. If you intended to say "illegal aliens are here to..." then you fail at expressing your views.

What you said was equivalent to, "Any Tyrone, Jamaal, or whatever name they are using this week."
    Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.
    - Mike Tyson

GM
    You do not play with those guys; they are criminals and they do not hesitate to shoot someone just because they do not like the shirt he/she is wearing. What I should do is to drive away asap and then call 911 directly.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

"The men were Mexican nationals with residences in the Las Vegas
    They were just doing the jobs Americans won't do.............like murder, drug smuggling.

VIP Member

Hidden in Wis. national forest: marijuana megafarm

GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) Northern Wisconsin's Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest is a vast, verdant getaway for hundreds of thousands of campers, hikers and anglers every year. But hidden within was a marijuana megafarm.

Investigators say a band of Hispanic men turned the forest's southeastern tip into a giant pot farm, growing thousands of plants on remote plots, moving supplies along forgotten logging roads and buying supplies and ammunition at local stores.

Nobody in law enforcement has said it publicly, but the style matches that of Mexican cartels that have been using public land in the United States to grow vast amounts of marijuana and avoid the risk and expense of smuggling the drugs across the border.
    The rest of the story here: http://enews.earthlink.net/article/u...9-9b7fdd0743a0
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I'm sorry that some have been offended by my recent post.

Actually I'm not really sorry, just trying to be polite. I have no use for illegal Jose, Maria, or whatever name they are using this week. I don't care what country you are from, if you are here illegally I have no use for you, except to be deported. I do not care what your life story is, nor how you are just trying to better your station in life. The fact that you have entered this country illegally is enough for me to wish you deported to shark infested waters and a long swim to land, not your homeland.

I will not make a distinction between the hardworking mexican peasant here illegally and the drug runner. To me they are one and the same, and should be dealt with in the same manner.

I realize that illegals come from other countries besides Mexico. The thing is, the one's I deal with are 99% of Mexican or South American origin. Therefore, I use names that are common to that class of people.

Biker
    Last edited by BikerRN; August 13th, 2010 at 05:14 AM.

You trusted your gut and it ended up being right. I get leery as well if I am that far out and see a vehicle that keeps "checking up" on an area. Like others have said your best bet is to leave while covering your six and prepared to fight.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links