Finding yourself in a remote Marijuana Farm.... that is Guarded - Page 3

Finding yourself in a remote Marijuana Farm.... that is Guarded

This is a discussion on Finding yourself in a remote Marijuana Farm.... that is Guarded within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Unfortunately this is a fact of life for those of us that venture into the great open spaces of this country. I have done it ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Finding yourself in a remote Marijuana Farm.... that is Guarded

Unfortunately this is a fact of life for those of us that venture into the great open spaces of this country. I have done it on occasion, luckily they were small and only a few plants but still enough to make you think twice. I usually carry a pistol with me, but on second thought, I may start carrying something more...
    I am glad you made it out safe and that it got shut down! good on ya for trusting your gut!
    KAHR CW45, RIA 1911 Officer, S&W Sigma 9MM, Savage 1907 .32cal(BUG)

ask if they have any for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by bomber View Post
    ask if they have any for sale.
    Or see if you could help with the harvest.

I'd do whatever it took to get the heck out of Dodge. Two shotguns beats a handgun any day of the week.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar

Cool

Build a small bow and arrow, wrap a piece of cloth around the end of the arrow, light it on fire, shoot into plants, and leave a trail of popcorn or chips that leads to the front of the police station.
    Last edited by CowboyColby; August 19th, 2010 at 10:57 AM.

ntg
    Happened near here, near where I deer hunt. I was just there scouting a week ago, and it's on my mind, no doubt. They're finding them planted in between corn rows, etc. They're very creative...in a very stupid way I would add.
    M&P Shield9; RIA 1911 Tactical 9mm;...many long guns

mkh
    I don't want to alarm you but since you saw their white truck several times you can assume they saw your vehicle. What happens of they put two and two together and decide that your vehicle was somehow involved in them getting busted?

Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

VIP Member
    What Retsupt said about listening to your guts and getting out of their at the first hint of trouble.

Also, as you make a habit of going to very remote places, bring a rifle (hunting and other laws permitting, of course.)

The only thing that surprises me is that they had shotguns and not AKs.

VIP Member
    Back in the early 90s, a unit I was in supported JTF-6 operations in the "Emerald Triangle" of the Pacific Northwest. We conducted patrols and recon/surveillance into some of the big pot fields out there, and came across not only armed "farmers," but booby traps as well...

If you see something that doesn't seem right, go ahead and exercise that "discretion" that is the better part of valor - head somewhere else for your campsite, and report it to the police.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Thanks for all the replies! Love the pic of chill firemen. Jokes aside though, as a follow up: The bust in Pinto was also in conjunction with another bust just south of Cedar City....estimated street value of destroyed crop...a cool $100 Million. Thats enough lost cheddar to raise some pulses in the managerial side of the operations I would think.

Yup, used to carry my AK in the truck on a regular basis out in the desert and mountains but no longer do so mainly because I began to cringe at the thought of explaining the reasons for having one in the event I ever was pulled over by LEO. Perhaps I now have a good reason to carry the AK in the truck. A side note to that though, most Leos I've seen out here carry 'assault rifles' in their vehicles....even Park Rangers in the National Parks. Hmmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Regrettably this is happening all over the country. I live in eastern North Carolina and less than three miles down the road from me the SO found a large operation, they removed and destroyed the plants but they did not catch the growers. Around here even drift fishing down the river you should be prepared for just about anything.
    Did I just hear some Banjo music????

Quote Originally Posted by quietsage View Post
    Thanks for all the replies! Love the pic of chill firemen. Jokes aside though, as a follow up: The bust in Pinto was also in conjunction with another bust just south of Cedar City....estimated street value of destroyed crop...a cool $100 Million. Thats enough lost cheddar to raise some pulses in the managerial side of the operations I would think.
    TO AL CARTEL EMPLOYEES:

Due to our recent loss in the United States (see attached memorandum) the following changes have been implimented as a temporary cost saving measure:

On the first Tuesday of every month, for the next 2 months, all cartel employees are responsible for their own coffee at the morning status conference.

Danish & whores will still be provided for those in attendance; however, the danish will be the smaller 8 inch ones instead of the larger 9 inch ones everyone is accustomed to, and the women will be local hotties rather than the high class, educated western european women who are the usual attendees.

We appreciate your consideration in this matter.

Coffee service, the usual danish and the whores we are accustomed to will return to status conferences in November 2010.

Thank you.

The Accounting Department

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    If something seems too good to be true, it is. If something doesn't feel "right," it isn't. Your intuition paid off in spades. Good day for you!

Strange going-ons were happening at the house across the street from me. The wife says something ain't tight. Yep, grow house. Big raid. The owner split town and hasn't been seen since.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links