Nowhere to run to...you have to engage! - Page 4

Nowhere to run to...you have to engage!

This is a discussion on Nowhere to run to...you have to engage! within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thanks....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Thanks.

#1 Why does it seem like everyone's scenario begins with Walmart?

#2 Why do people seem to need some justification for practicing at extended distance? What ever happened to being a well rounded person in the area of combat? Isn't that sufficient?

What if I just want to be able to run my handgun well enough that I can reach out and thump someone at 50 yards or more?

This is an interesting situation for me. I think I'd probably take cover behind my vehicle's tires. My tires are 33" all-terrain tires reinforced with Kevlar. I'm not saying I'm driving on bulletproof vests, but I honestly don't think a .22lr would make it through, at least not with enough force to cause serious damage. Obviously I've drawn while moving, chances are I'm going to peek under my Jeep (easy to do) and take shots at his legs if he's close enough. Then just take things from there. If I hit a leg or a foot there's a good chance he's going to hit the ground or slow down significantly. I then make an attempt to remove his ability to cause me harm, how that may be accomplished will depend on how he reacts to being fired upon/hit.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

3D
    I forgot to mention how important it is for me to not lose sight of shooter even in my scramble for cover, drawing my gun, cell phone . . whatever. How will I know if any 'quiet' time means he's left or he's coming in on me? "Lose sight, lose the fight".
    "It is easier to resist at the beginning than at the end"____Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1519

VIP Member
    Mitchell I guess Wally World is something everyone can relate to. As far at the extended engagement, yes it would be great if everyone would be a well rounded shooter but that is not the case.
    This was set up just to show that limiting your practice to "normal" SD distances doesn't cut it sometimes because lord knows not many things in this life are normal.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

I suppose if he got a lucky shot that blew off the negative cable on the battery, he might dissable my truck..........If so i'm shooting back especially as stated there are no bystanders behind him. I would of course move around after every shot to throw off his aim as he is likely posted up on the last place you popped up from. I have a g19 with at least an extra mag if not 2 for wallyworld, so i at least have some chances of hitting the moron.
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

#1. Don't shop at WalMart

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Mitchell I guess Wally World is something everyone can relate to. As far at the extended engagement, yes it would be great if everyone would be a well rounded shooter but that is not the case.
    This was set up just to show that limiting your practice to "normal" SD distances doesn't cut it sometimes because lord knows not many things in this life are normal.
    Normal is only a pattern found in a lot of extreme events...which by definition, aren't normal at all.

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    i dont even know where there is a walmart around hear

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links