How would you react?--Attack on Pregnant Wife

This is a discussion on How would you react?--Attack on Pregnant Wife within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm a grandfather now and the same thing applies to my daughter and daughter-in -laws as would to my wife if I'm the one able ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 77

Thread: How would you react?--Attack on Pregnant Wife

  1. #31
    VIP Member Array searcher 45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    4,151
    I'm a grandfather now and the same thing applies to my daughter and daughter-in -laws as would to my wife if I'm the one able to be there in such a case.

    I would try to get between her and the attacker and if I could not stop the attack in a less than ventilating ways, then ventilation would be applied in mega doses.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #32
    VIP Member Array NC Bullseye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    NC Foothills
    Posts
    2,469
    Quote Originally Posted by MAINE0388 View Post
    Yes Bullseye correct me if im wrong.....i cant just shoot him because i know he has been violent in the past.....i have to feel like i am in imminent danger of grave bodily harm. Now at the same time.....im sayin im worried about him killing me or my wife etc... But i know his temper and anything is possible with him which is why im constantly running scenarios through my mind.....this one in paticular i was concerned with the life of my unborn child not really mine or my wifes because i feel like either of us could defend ourself in that type of situation....im just wondering the legality of deadly force in an effort to prevent loss of life in my child...i dont know exactly how fragile one is while in the womb but i would say that a hard enough blow which ne man i feel is capable of delivering could kill that child especially if hit in the head whereas their skulls arent even fully covering the brain yet
    You're right on the money. I believe that any jury would agree that if he made a hostile movement toward the pregnant wife you would be within the law to stop the threat because that would be considered a threat of severe bodily harm. I would not even focus on the baby, (not being callus, just looking for the most defensible legal position) just the mother being pregnant is medically enough to cause concern if she were to start bleeding internally from a blow. Just remember that if anything like that starts to unfold witnesses hearing you telling him to stop and that you will shoot him if he attacks you or your wife will go a long way to help your case. Even if there is minimal time between the warning and the stopping of the threat. It's kind of like giving a gift, it's not how much time you give but the fact that you did give him a chance that matters.

  4. #33
    VIP Member Array obxned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    OBX, NC
    Posts
    2,655
    During that time of our lives, had someone punched my wife like that I would have done my level best to kill them with my bare hands or any handy object. It would not have been a conscious decision, but an anger and adrenaline fueled uncontrollable response to someone trying to destroy my entire world.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

  5. #34
    Member Array charlie1826's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Going home soon????
    Posts
    255
    My wife is due next month so I have been extra concerned with safety as well, luckily we don't have any crazy ex's to deal with. It has all pretty much been said though; he is not getting any where near my wife, but if by some chance he does and takes a swing at her it would not end well for him.

  6. #35
    Member Array CyanLite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    54
    Attacking a woman with (ordinarily) third-degree assault (punching/slapping) could be considered 2nd degree assault ("severe bodily injury") because of the pregnant state of the woman. Any injury, even being pushed down a flight of stairs could do life-altering damage. I am not a lawyer, but in my book this justifies the use of deadly force to prevent such an attack.

    Also, most states have laws on the books that cover feticide or the killing of an unborn child. See this link.

    Lastly, I don't know of ANY state that does not allow you to protect your family in the case of deadly force that is being used or about to be used against you or your immediately family. I don't think there's a jury in this world who could convict someone of making an honest attempt at protecting their pregnant wife, even if it involved deadly force.

  7. #36
    JT
    JT is offline
    Distinguished Member Array JT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,425
    Immediate Defense of Life
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

    Si vis pacem, para bellum

  8. #37
    Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    englewood, fl
    Posts
    1,751
    i'm sorry to ignore the fact that she is pregnant but it makes little difference to me...if anyone attacks my wife...pregnant or not...in my presence they will deal with serious repercussion from myself and it will not be pretty...

    stepping between the 2 would mean you saw an attack coming...my interpretation of the op was they stop to converse...possibly argue and a strike is made...unless you see it coming you may not be able to prevent an attack...but stop and eliminate the threat is a real plan and you would have a difficult time pulling me off of anyone who laid hand on my wife...they are welcome to enter my space and challenge me...but when they make a move toward the weaker side of this couple they will meet ugly....

    i also believe stepping between and placing hand on gun isnt going to be an effective defense...drawing and utilizing a gun in close quarters can be difficult and go the wrong way in a hurry...especially if you are telegraphing the fact that you plan on utilizing the gun....if youre gonna get between them you need to do it in order to create space and theres no reason a significant amount of damage cannot be done in the process before gun use is even considered...think about what you would do if you didnt have a gun first...is it effective?...then it is your plan...

    i am less concerned with a juries reaction than the safety of my wife and driving my point home...

  9. #38
    Member Array CyanLite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    54
    Although not required, I would think retreating is a good idea in this case because it creates the necessary space such that if the attacker pursues, you at least have a few extra moments to draw, and weapon retention wouldn't be as big of a problem.

    If a guy tried to draw on me within 3 feet, I could easily grab the gun and most likely take it from him. At 12-ft, he could get a round or two off.

  10. #39
    Member Array BigArn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    U.S. of A.
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    Was this really necessary? The OP brought up a very good topic for conversation, so what's your point?
    My point? What ended up happening? Nothing is what I'm a willing to bet. He goes off like Rambo, but in the end nothing did happen. So you just go about your way. Why not try to be friendly and be on your way instead of expecting the worse to happen ALL THE TIME.

  11. #40
    Member Array MAINE0388's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    LEWISVILLE, NC
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by BigArn View Post
    My point? What ended up happening? Nothing is what I'm a willing to bet. He goes off like Rambo, but in the end nothing did happen. So you just go about your way. Why not try to be friendly and be on your way instead of expecting the worse to happen ALL THE TIME.
    He nodded, I nodded that was the end, I went my way and he continued on his. The thought of him doing anything other than that didnt cross my mind until later. Im not worried about it ever happening because I highly doubt it will. Im also prepared in the event it ever does happen whether it be him or some stranger! Your point was in no way necessary because yes it was off topic. The point of this situation was legal advice and simply just something for others who have family, whom of which they want to protect, to talk about.
    RUGER SR9 IN CROSSBREED SUPERTUCK DAILY

  12. #41
    Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Southeast
    Posts
    1,942
    Quote Originally Posted by BigArn View Post
    My point? What ended up happening? Nothing is what I'm a willing to bet. He goes off like Rambo, but in the end nothing did happen. So you just go about your way. Why not try to be friendly and be on your way instead of expecting the worse to happen ALL THE TIME.
    In this case, no, nothing happened. But the OP wanted to open a discussion about how others would handle the situation and you basically implied that he's paranoid.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

    -miklcolt45

  13. #42
    Member Array BigArn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    U.S. of A.
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    In this case, no, nothing happened. But the OP wanted to open a discussion about how others would handle the situation and you basically implied that he's paranoid.
    He's not alone.

  14. #43
    Member Array n3ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    210
    on the other hand, you can't do a thing for your child if you're doing 25 to life.

  15. #44
    Senior Member Array gwhall57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Midlothian, VA
    Posts
    542
    Anybody "attacks" my wife, pregnant or not, has to go through me first. Get in the habit of putting yourself between your wife and any potential threats.
    "Bad spellers of the world - untie!"

    DAV Life member, NRA Life member

    Springfield XD 9mm Sub-Compact
    Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro 9mm

  16. #45
    VIP Member Array mlr1m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    okla
    Posts
    4,298
    Quote Originally Posted by gwhall57 View Post
    Anybody "attacks" my wife, pregnant or not, has to go through me first. Get in the habit of putting yourself between your wife and any potential threats.
    Exactly. Why should the fact that the person is pregnant make a difference?

    Michael

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. CCW Class for Pregnant Wife
    By smed1869 in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: January 17th, 2010, 03:53 AM
  2. How would your wife react?
    By ppkheat in forum Carry & Defensive Scenarios
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: July 12th, 2009, 12:50 AM
  3. How would you react to your wife's warning of danger.
    By Thanis in forum Carry & Defensive Scenarios
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: July 6th, 2009, 05:04 AM
  4. GOOD: Man Defends Self & Pregnant Wife - Macclenny, FL
    By CT-Mike in forum In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: December 30th, 2008, 01:04 AM
  5. BAD: Man Killed Pregnant Wife Cleaning Gun
    By Rob99VMI04 in forum In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: July 8th, 2008, 01:24 PM

Search tags for this page

can jumping puncing on pregnant stomach cause baby brain damage
,
how did you react to wife's pregnant
,
how to react to my wife being pregnant
,

how to react to your pregnant wife

,
how to react when someone verbally attacks your unborn child
,
how to react when your wife is pregnant
,
how to react with preganant wife
,
husband attacks pregnant wife
,
i now react to my wife's temper
,
tried to kill my pregnant wife - deadly dealer
Click on a term to search for related topics.