How would you react?--Attack on Pregnant Wife

This is a discussion on How would you react?--Attack on Pregnant Wife within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by gwhall57 Anybody "attacks" my wife, pregnant or not, has to go through me first. Get in the habit of putting yourself between ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How would you react?--Attack on Pregnant Wife

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gwhall57 View Post
    Anybody "attacks" my wife, pregnant or not, has to go through me first. Get in the habit of putting yourself between your wife and any potential threats.
    then you always place yourself between your wife and everyone else?...this was a fantasy scenario like so many others...it could be a former spouse who stops to have a conversation and for some reason pops and takes a swing at her...it may be unpredictable...as is obvious in this case where the "potential threat" nodded and continued walking by...no harm no foul...if youre stepping between your wife and any potential threat all the time i'm pretty sure shes gonna be less than happy with it...

the scenario seems more reactive of a bad situation...we dont all have crystal balls so its nt easy to determine when a potential bad situation is coming...the question was "what if"....plain and simple...

lets just say your wife stopped and was talking to an old high school friend...the friend tweaks cause he had a crush on her and decides he wants to hurt her (i dont know)...you arent already between the 2 of them....what do you do?....

try to use some imagination..cause if it ever does happen to you it may come as a surprise...we dont always see it coming...thats what these scenarios are about...mind exercises....

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by BigArn View Post
    He's not alone.
    so perhaps we should all petition uncle sam to stop all planning and military training exercises? I mean, after all, we haven't had an attack on CONUS by a major superpower in how many decades?....

Sometimes a bit of paranoia is healthy and necessary to engage proper mindset and help ensure survival.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

i am 65 and a great grand father. anyone trys anything to harm any of mine can look at the end of a .45. at my age what are they going to do to me? 25 to life,hell i'll do and be happy.. just a old vet
    God Bless our troops,Pass the ammo
    carry guns,g30,g39
    1911,colt defender 90 / .45
    OLD F##T W/ .45:
    my avater is part of the reason i feel the way i do.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    if someone trys to attack anyone in my family, pregnant, or not, i will reply with BANG BANG, BANG, repeat as necessary
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Quote Originally Posted by MAINE0388 View Post
    OK, so the other day my wife and I were in wally-world and as we are leaving we run into her ex. A little backround....she has a child with him and he has a violent past which has jepordized(spelling?) the life of his child while she was pregnant...I myself would like to have a few rounds in a cage with him but newayz....My wife is now full term in her pregnancy with our child have a scheduled c-section for next thurs the 19th The first thing that came to mind was what if this fool tried something on my wife....say he punch her in the stomach..now as much as i would want to ventalate his body at that point, I feel I would be outta line to even present at that point. At that point I could take the chance while his attention is toward her to grab him and comence to beating the crap out of him....now my question is lol how would ne of you react....cleary his action would put my child in danger and if hit hard enough could cause some serious injury if not death to my child not to mention the injury inflicted upon my wife....could i legally take his life for being in fear of my childs life?? say he continues to attack???
    kill him.

Within the premise of the OP, I don't really think that it matters who the threat is or the history there. If anyone were to attack my girlfriend (who is pregnant now with our little girl and due in January) I would draw and fire into the threat's center mass until the threat ended. In Florida an unborn child is considered a life where self defense or defense of another is concerned.

Congrats RailDriver. I have my first (a boy) due in Jan as well. As far as being paranoid, this is a what if scenario part of the forum. He asked a what if question and we are giving our answers to a hypothetical situation.

The difference between a pregnant and non pregnant lady is... If a stranger punches your significant other (not pregnant) you can't just blast him. He needs a severe beating and charges filed sure, but no deadly force. Now if your significant other is obviously pregnant, then she is beyond the point of an abortion so the law recognizes that the child as human being. (no starting anything people!) She and the child could very easily be maimed or killed by a sharp blow to the stomach. Lethal force is fully justified when anyone in my family is being threatened with murder! Especially my new buddy baby Ian...or blake. Not sure yet.
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

Quote Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
    Congrats RailDriver. I have my first (a boy) due in Jan as well. As far as being paranoid, this is a what if scenario part of the forum. He asked a what if question and we are giving our answers to a hypothetical situation. ...snip...
    Congrats to you as well, Macattack. Good luck with your son! I know it's a what if situation, what made you think I was implying paranoia?

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
    Congrats RailDriver. I have my first (a boy) due in Jan as well. As far as being paranoid, this is a what if scenario part of the forum. He asked a what if question and we are giving our answers to a hypothetical situation.

The difference between a pregnant and non pregnant lady is... If a stranger punches your significant other (not pregnant) you can't just blast him. He needs a severe beating and charges filed sure, but no deadly force. Now if your significant other is obviously pregnant, then she is beyond the point of an abortion so the law recognizes that the child as human being. (no starting anything people!) She and the child could very easily be maimed or killed by a sharp blow to the stomach. Lethal force is fully justified when anyone in my family is being threatened with murder! Especially my new buddy baby Ian...or blake. Not sure yet.
    sorry...your significant other is already a life and a beating is a serious threat to her health and survival...she doesnt have to be carrying a baby to be seriously injured or killed by an attacker....

Congrats on the new addition. My wife is going in for a c-section on the 27th with a little girl. Now to the situation. Regardless of how the "hot shot prosecutor" wants to swing it, I would most definitely be in fear of my daughter's life and would not hesitate to at very least let him get a good view of the hollow point in the chamber as I stick the barrel in his face. He can hit me all he wants but the second he lays a hand on my wife or child he's gonna be in a world of hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post

Sometimes a bit of paranoia is healthy and necessary to engage proper mindset and help ensure survival.
    Not jumping at every noise or person you see is a much better approach. Being prepared, and knowing what is around you is the way I go about things. :)

GM
    I truly believe in avoiding confrontations to every price; and I rather walk away than being in such a situation. However, this case is one of the few exceptions to that, and I will do whatever is necessary to protect her.

So what did the EX do? Nothin, that is what I thought. :)
    Just stay home, don't leave your home, everybody is after you, your not safe, lock the doors, put the sofa up against the door, it's not safe out there.
    I think that you totally missed the point of this thread!

My point? What ended up happening? Nothing is what I'm a willing to bet. He goes off like Rambo, but in the end nothing did happen. So you just go about your way. Why not try to be friendly and be on your way instead of expecting the worse to happen ALL THE TIME.
    IMO that was completely unnecessary.

Not jumping at every noise or person you see is a much better approach. Being prepared, and knowing what is around you is the way I go about things. :)
    I am almost positive that you really misunderstood the OP.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    I truly believe in avoiding confrontations to every price; and I rather walk away than being in such a situation. However, this case is one of the few exceptions to that, and I will do whatever is necessary to protect her.
    But not one thing happened that day!!!
    The so called bad guy didn't go after her or him for that matter.
    So why bring it up in the first place?? Like the OP said he wanted to ventalate the guy, but the guy didn't do anything to either of then. It sounded like the OP was wishing the guy would of done something just so he could pull his gun and shoot him. And the way i read into it that something could of been just looking at them!!!

GM
    But not one thing happened that day!!!
    The so called bad guy didn't go after her or him for that matter.
    So why bring it up in the first place?? Like the OP said he wanted to ventalate the guy, but the guy didn't do anything to either of then. It sounded like the OP was wishing the guy would of done something just so he could pull his gun and shoot him. And the way i read into it that something could of been just looking at them!!!
    IMO you totally missed the point of this thread. I am sorry but I have to leave now.Take care
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    IMO you totally missed the point of this thread. I am sorry but I have to leave now.Take care
    See ya. :)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links