How would you react?--Attack on Pregnant Wife

This is a discussion on How would you react?--Attack on Pregnant Wife within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sorry you left BigArn . . I encourage you to read the heading for this SubForum below: Carry & Defensive Scenarios Real or hypothetical, discussions ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How would you react?--Attack on Pregnant Wife

3D
    Sorry you left BigArn . . I encourage you to read the heading for this SubForum below:

Carry & Defensive Scenarios
    Real or hypothetical, discussions regarding when you should or should not draw your weapon, shoot or not shoot, attack or retreat is valuable to each of us.

Our intent is to 'discuss' how the situation might be dealt with.

In this scenario Treo said it all for me. (post #11)
    "It is easier to resist at the beginning than at the end"____Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1519

2. Remove Ads

Ya, what ever, easy to say that behind a keyboard, it's another thing doing that in a real life situation.
    Once again, BG did nothin', OP wanted to shoot somebody, that is what I got out of the post, nothing more, nothing less.

3D
    Quote Originally Posted by BigArn View Post
    Ya, what ever, easy to say that behind a keyboard, it's another thing doing that in a real life situation.
    Once again, BG did nothin', OP wanted to shoot somebody, that is what I got out of the post, nothing more, nothing less.
    He's not alone.
    Not jumping at every noise or person you see is a much better approach. Being prepared, and knowing what is around you is the way I go about things. :)
    But not one thing happened that day!!!
    The so called bad guy didn't go after her or him for that matter.
    So why bring it up in the first place?? Like the OP said he wanted to ventalate the guy, but the guy didn't do anything to either of then. It sounded like the OP was wishing the guy would of done something just so he could pull his gun and shoot him. And the way i read into it that something could of been just looking at them!!!
    See ya. :)
    I notice none of your responses say what you would have done in such a situation and I am curious about what you would do.
    "It is easier to resist at the beginning than at the end"____Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1519

Quote Originally Posted by 3D View Post
    I notice none of your responses say what you would have done in such a situation and I am curious about what you would do.

I would of kept my eyes on him as we both just walked on by. He didn't threaten me or my wife, so there was no cause for me to threaten him.
    Oh by the way I would of put myself in between her and the so called bad guy, so if he was to try and put his hands on her I would of been in the path.
    Put yourself in a position so you don't have to pull your weapon.
    Situation awareness, it’s a life saving tool.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I would not punch an 'ex' attacking my pregnant wife...I would 'ventilate' him.
    Amen brother!!
    Member:USCCA, NRA, GOA, WVCDL
    U.S. Navy vet 1955-1959, USS Dashiell DD 659. Glock 19, Ruger LCP, Ruger .357 Mag.
    When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    I would of kept my eyes on him as we both just walked on by. He didn't threaten me or my wife, so there was no cause for me to threaten him.
    Oh by the way I would of put her in between myself and the so called bad guy, so if he was to try and put his hands on her I would of been in the path.
    Put yourself in a position so you don't have to pull your weapon.
    Situation awareness, it’s a life saving tool.
    interesting reply...as you said nothing happened so there is no reason whatsoever to put yourself in between the 2...it could be a chance encounter that starts with pleasant conversation and a trigger causes the attack....you always put yourself between people that nothing may happen with?...

the op never wanted to shoot anyone...even he said nothing happened...he was only asking "what if"....you took to the offensive and put words in his mouth...all he wanted to do was discuss a hypothetical scenario...

Quote Originally Posted by bladenbullet View Post
    so there is no reason whatsoever to put yourself in between the 2
    Per the OP post there was a reason, she was his X-wife. So I went along with the same scenario.

Thank you bladenbullet...thats what i've been tryin to tell this guy the whole time....nice to know someone else is seeing it
    RUGER SR9 IN CROSSBREED SUPERTUCK DAILY

If you lay a hand on my wife, you'll draw back a bloddy stump before I could stop...her.

If I'm around and you touch my wife, hope you didn't have any long term plans. I take a few things seriously, the vows I took to protect her, and the promise I made to her mother/father/grandparents would govern my actions towards any attacker.
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    But not one thing happened that day!!!
    The so called bad guy didn't go after her or him for that matter.
    So why bring it up in the first place?? Like the OP said he wanted to ventalate the guy, but the guy didn't do anything to either of then. It sounded like the OP was wishing the guy would of done something just so he could pull his gun and shoot him. And the way i read into it that something could of been just looking at them!!!
    Good grief! The situation was based on a hypothetical "what if" scenario! No, nothing threatening happened. The OP was asking about the possible actions to take if something had happened.

What's so hard to understand about this? About 95% of the threads in the section are based on the same premise; how would you handle the situation IF _______ happened?

As far as the OP stating that he wanted to "ventilate" the guy, it was based on previous things the guy had done. The OP didn't say that he wanted the situation to take a turn to where he would get that chance. I think you read way too much into that.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Quote Originally Posted by MAINE0388 View Post
    My wife is now full term in her pregnancy with our child have a scheduled c-section for next thurs the 19th
    On topic: Well? How's the new kid?

More on topic: Kudos for being protective of your loved ones. My wife already knows that Im willing to spend time incarcerated someday if it means my actions in a threat situation have saved her life or the lives of our kids. The Def.Carry armchair QB brigade can say what they want ;)
    "...for all who draw the sword will die by the sword." Matthew 26:52

Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    Problem is will the courts where you live consider the unborn child a life? That's the whole prolife/prochoice debate isn't it? of course you of the father won't care about the debate. To you it is your child to be and a life to protect, but some hot shot prosecutor will argue you were defending no ones life, it was just a punch to the stomach. A reasonable jury may see it your way. This is all after the fact though.
    The health of the mother may be severely threatened by a physical attack in an advanced stage of pregnancy. That would be a factor, I'm quite sure.
    That which does not kill us leaves us broken and bleeding...

Donít mess with the guy who can barely stand up. His remaining options for self-defense don't include your survival.

Convenire Volui Spectatus

Quote Originally Posted by dunndw View Post
    If you lay a hand on my wife, you'll draw back a bloddy stump before I could stop...her.

You married one of those too, eh?
    That which does not kill us leaves us broken and bleeding...

Donít mess with the guy who can barely stand up. His remaining options for self-defense don't include your survival.

Convenire Volui Spectatus

I'd like to just know whats in the water? I lost count on how many are soon dad's to be. Oh by the way I drank the water again also, due Dec.4th

I'd shoot him

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links