What a night, must be the heat. - Page 2

What a night, must be the heat.

This is a discussion on What a night, must be the heat. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It's after the fact, but if you want to call somebody, call the local fire marshall's office. Tell them about the unsafe' overcrowding. They will ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What a night, must be the heat.

It's after the fact, but if you want to call somebody, call the local fire marshall's office. Tell them about the unsafe' overcrowding. They will pay a visit and give a warning...don't let it slide.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I worked with a couple of black guys years ago. The only reason I mention that is they are the only people I have heard this from. I've heard them both talk about the heat making people cranky/angry and fights in the neighborhood are worse when it's really hot. I think there is something to that. My fuse has been shorter lately due to the ruthless heat in my warehouse and some health problems. It'll get to you.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    I worked with a couple of black guys years ago. The only reason I mention that is they are the only people I have heard this from. I've heard them both talk about the heat making people cranky/angry and fights in the neighborhood are worse when it's really hot. I think there is something to that. My fuse has been shorter lately due to the ruthless heat in my warehouse and some health problems. It'll get to you.
    Thats a well documented fact. Most any LEO or medic etc can tell you that. Also, changes in weather make people nutty.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Was it a full moon?
    That really makes people nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    Was it a full moon?
    That really makes people nuts.
    Yeah I hear that from my mom. She tell cops where to go for a living.

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Heat tends to wear you down and makes you more fatigued. I believe your blood even gets a little thicker if you are dehydrated. If you're drinking a lot of beer, this also hastens the dehydration. This leads to effects on the central nervous system and people get frustrated and more agitated easier.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    Yeah I hear that from my mom. She tell cops where to go for a living.
    LOL, I hope she does it in a polite way!

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Heat tends to wear you down and makes you more fatigued. I believe your blood even gets a little thicker if you are dehydrated. If you're drinking a lot of beer, this also hastens the dehydration. This leads to effects on the central nervous system and people get frustrated and more agitated easier.
    As far as beer goes, the best description I have heard of this is beer muscles!

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    I stopped in Nebraska at a college friends place for the weekend a while back for the weekend. His dad is on the fair board and their fair was going on so we went and watched the demo derby. It got pretty heated at the end and a couple guys started fighting in the middle of the arena during the trophy ceremony part so my friends dad just turned on the water truck and sprayed them all down. They all stopped fighting. Must have overheated.

Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    LOL, I hope she does it in a polite way!
    Depends on the officer. She's tore into a few when needed. I just like the reactions I get when I say that to people.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links