Just curious what people would do if their car was stolen infront of their eyes...

This is a discussion on Just curious what people would do if their car was stolen infront of their eyes... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I would be angry at first because of the victimization but I would laugh afterwards because the theft ins I have on my Jeep would ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Just curious what people would do if their car was stolen infront of their eyes...

I would be angry at first because of the victimization but I would laugh afterwards because the theft ins I have on my Jeep would get me another jeep. I would not consider killing someone over a vehicle.
    “You come at me with a sword and with a spear. But I come at you in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. This day the LORD will deliver you into my hand, and I will strike you and take your head from you". 1 Samuel 17, 45-46
    Brian

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by fitznig View Post
    So you are stopped at a traffic light with a Ford F-350 infront of you and a Ford F-350 behind of you.
    Its a 3 lane stop, and you are in the middle lane with cars surrounding you on all sides.

3 BG's pile out of the Ford infront of you, and 3 more BG pile out of the Ford behind you at gun point and drive you out of your car (they must really love your car)
    All the other people in the cars around you have all gotten out and ran away and hide, probably calling the cops.
    However, the BG's drive off in your car and you have the chance to stop them in their tracks with your handy dandy gun.

Do you take the shot at your own car to take down the BG's, or just wait til the cops maybe somehow get them someday. Would you be willing to shot at your own car to save it??? and risk a gun fight with the other BG's?
    I'd just be a good witness. There isn't a single piece of physical property that I own that is worth risking my life over.

Shoot and your legal fees would have bought you several new cars.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    As long as my kid is not in the back seat when they take it. They can have it. I can get another car.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fitznig View Post
    3 BG's pile out of the Ford infront of you, and 3 more BG pile out of the Ford behind you at gun point...
    However, the BG's drive off in your car and you have the chance to stop them in their tracks with your handy dandy gun.

Do you take the shot at your own car to take down the BG's?[/B]
    SIX BGs, armed? And you're talking about "taking the shot"? At what, just the driver? Did the other five guys just magically disappear?

I don't mind the occasional hypothetical question, but this one probably didn't even need to be asked. What Dirty Harry here thinks he'd fare well taking "the shot" at SIX BGs?! You didn't stipulate that all of them were armed, but let's say it's fair to assume that at least half (3) of them would be armed. Your car is that important that you'll engage a firefight with three armed men together with three unarmed ones?

You must have been playing "Lethal Enforcers" before posting this!

VIP Member
    I would hope it got totaled so I could get a new one.

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    No shoot for me unless.......
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG E View Post
    As long as my kid is not in the back seat when they take it. They can have it. I can get another car.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

as a matter of fact my car was stolen 2 days ago. The cops caught the bg and knocked on my door before i knew it was stolen. But had i witnessed the robbery i would have just called the leos.
    Same with the 2 truck incident. I must have a awesome car for six guys to coordinate a sting style robbery in plain daylight!!! And in that magical fantasy land where i have a awesome car, i bet i have awesome insurance too!
    -mac
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

Let it go, call the cops, then my insurance company.

They are leaving, so the threat is gone. Plus 6 to 1 is not great odds.

The valley of the sun scorched earth(Phx,Az)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    I think I would just have the Lo-Jack activated and listen to it all go down on the scanner.....
    Wow..With the list of nice cars and trucks listed in this thread it took 72 posts before someone mentioned activating Lo-Jack. For the minor cost Lo-Jack should be in ALL new vehicles.
    NRA Life Member USCCA Member

Freedoms Precious Metals:Gold, Silver and Lead

"You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you'll find me in a pile of brass."~~ Tpr. M. Padgett

Kimber Tactical Pro II w/EE over 2000 rnds NO MALFUNCTIONS

Unless they are pointing rifles at me I am driving out. I don't know if I would even take the time to draw. My suburban should be able to push either one of those pick ups out of my way without much of a problem. If by some stroke of luck they actually got in my vehicle and me out of it, I don't think I would bother shooting. Unless I was standing next to them shooting a pistol at them would be a waste of time.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Links