How much does one take - Page 3

How much does one take

This is a discussion on How much does one take within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; That's a pretty nice blouse....

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: How much does one take

That's a pretty nice blouse.

I was thinking dashiki, too. If you're not black and you're wearing that, I can see people making comments. We all have the right to wear what we want. (Seen peopleofwalmart.com lately???) But if you're going to wear things that are likely to get commented on, you'd better cultivate stronger psychological barriers.
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

I read this somewhere on DC...."Be Polite, Be Professional, Have a plan to kill everyone you meet" No sense in reacting to heckleing when your carrying.

Sixto....that made me laugh.

VIP Member
    Hang in there Koooooz. The folks here only stomp on the ones they love

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Hang in there Koooooz. The folks here only stomp on the ones they love
    And, keep in mind, Kooz, the ones who do stomp on the ideas, actions, areas seemingly in need of correction are the folks who do Not stomp on people. There's a difference.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Senior Moderator
    Simple answer - if it's just verbal, you take whatever is served up.

When you carry a gun, you no longer get to play silly schoolyard games. Because any conflict you are involved in is now an armed conflict.

If, God forbid, you are ever forced to use your firearm to defend yourself, you don't want to have been a willing participant in the escalation of the incident to the deadly force level. That's how you end up going to prison.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

All of it

Quote Originally Posted by Koooooooz View Post
    How much dose one take
    All of it you should take the entire dose the doctor has prescribed. Until the entire prescription is used up

Oh did you meant to spell "does", with the e BEFORE the s. That makes your post make better sense. But I am still a tad confused. Why does it matter what some guy thinks about how you dress? Are you gay? Trying to impress or attract these guys? Do you pack for fear of being attacked by gay bashers? There is another forum more up your alley so to speak. I think it is the Pink Pistols or something like that. They may have better insight into how to deal with your issues.

Oh you are not gay? With that shirt? Seriously. Your dad gave you that shirt? So is he gay? Irritated yet? Want to tell me about my mom? Good thats my point. They are words. Who gives a rats if some lop does not like your shirt or some goof on an internet board thinks you are gay? Your problem is you can't take a joke 24/7 365. Time to grow up. Guys like you could never ride with us. They end up in tears or wanting to jump on someone. A serious mistake. Someone clowns you fine. Ignore them or clown them back but don't get prissy and up set about it. That lets em know they got your goat, your easy and they will ride you harder.

So the answer to the question is ALL OF IT. You are supposed to take all of it, they are words. The rule is Unless they touch or attempt to touch you or yours in an unkind way, you man up and deal with it. Learn to take a joke. It's not serious. If it is not serious, it's a joke. There are much more important things going on than your vanity. If they put hands on you than it is serious. Until than buck up, man up.

If your self esteem is so frail that you get angry because some one laughs at your shirt. Go donate some time at the VA hospital, see what guys who serve their country look like. Contribute some time to your community. Help others. Make yourself a stand up useful man. If you want to be taken seriously, be a serious man. Don't dress like a clown.

This too is not intended to insult or demean you but to have you take a look at some serious issues before you end up maimed or needlessly have blood on your hands
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    I carry a gun/other weapons and am confident in myself, words don't mean a thing to me. I don't have a thing to prove to them unless my life is in danger. They call me names, I just shrug my shoulders with a smirk. Words don't hurt, hands do.

The ratio of your mouth getting you into trouble as opposed to getting you out is probably about 10:1.

Senior Moderator
    No, that shirt is trouble. Might as well be wearing the Confederate flag on your back. It's too strong of a statement - it looks tribal, like an African dashiki or something.
    In thos part of the country no one gives a Confederate flag on the back a second look. That shirt though, reminds me of the ones I've seen in Kenya.That could get you some grief.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

My Dad gave me a good piece of advice that I appreciate much more now as a husband, father, and professional than I ever did as a teenager. That advice: "Never miss a good opportunity to shut up!" In all aspects of my life (especially in the husband and work roles), the times I've followed that advice have gone much better than the times I chose not to. Another piece of advice I was given: "Good judgement comes from experience...and a lot of experience comes from bad judgement." Learn from the things in your life that didn't go so smooth and change how you do things going forward.

You've got to have a good sense of humor to make it through life without being miserable. Laugh at yourself first. Find the humor in things and learn to use it to your advantage. I take my responsibilities seriously, but not myself. Be cool and let the BS that doesn't matter slide.

Remember the "Don't get hit by a dump truck" theory. A lot of people go through life like a dump truck loaded with all kinds of their personal garbabe (attitude, life circumstances, bad luck, difficult times, bad childhood or family, etc.). When they run into you, they try to dump some of their garbage on you. If you accept it, then you are going around loaded up with garbage too. Don't let their garbage make you stink. Don't get hit by a dump truck. You can't affect them, but you can affect how you let them impact you. Just be cool and let it slide.
    Last edited by BugDude; August 25th, 2010 at 11:42 PM. Reason: added the dump truck story
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

kpw
    Quote Originally Posted by Koooooooz View Post
    totally unexpected....I got nothing!
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Were they rude? Yes. Was their spewing of vulgarities uncalled for? Yes. Should you have ignored them? Yes. Truthfully, you can never tell what an individual's motives are. However, to me it seems they were spoiling for a fight and they might have been baiting you to see if you would bite. Sadly, a good portion of our society has become impolite, crude, and selfish. A lot of people feel they can say whatever they want and act however they want. However we need to remember that we're given one mouth and two ears. We should be half as likely to speak and twice as likely to listen. Just remember, stupid runs in packs. Stay safe and watch your six.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbary View Post
    Were they rude? Yes. Was their spewing of vulgarities uncalled for? Yes. Should you have ignored them? Yes. Truthfully, you can never tell what an individual's motives are. However, to me it seems they were spoiling for a fight and they might have been baiting you to see if you would bite. Sadly, a good portion of our society has become impolite, crude, and selfish. A lot of people feel they can say whatever they want and act however they want. However we need to remember that we're given one mouth and two ears. We should be half as likely to speak and twice as likely to listen. Just remember, stupid runs in packs. Stay safe and watch your six.
    Never underestimate stupid...especially in numbers.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

VIP Member
    Just re-read the thread. Great shirt. Seriously I'd be able to wear it and no one would do anything more than smile.
    (Of course Mrs. Hopyard wouldn't let me out the door so moot point.)

I think there is something about the way you carry yourself, and something about your own assessment of your stature that is sending out vibes that set this incident in motion.

Violating my own rule about going grey, I often wear T shirts with various advertisements. I'm cheap, why pay for a T shirt if someone will give one to you. Wearing a shirt that advertises a Bail Bond company you'd think would get some attention from the future clientele or prior customers.

The thing is, I don't go down the street with a swagger or attitude or an out of it look, or the look of an easy mark. In 67 years of living on earth--24 in The Bronx, and not in a good part of it either, I've never had the sort of unexpected abuse directed at me that a few here other than this OP have encountered. Its not just fashion. It is how you carry yourself. The vibes you put out.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Sponsored Links