Your SA vs. spouse/family SA

This is a discussion on Your SA vs. spouse/family SA within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by INccwchris i was going for funny chief, sorry if i missed. lol I was just thinking, It's one thing to say you ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your SA vs. spouse/family SA

Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    i was going for funny chief, sorry if i missed. lol

I was just thinking, It's one thing to say you would fight if the gun were to your own head. But add the gun to the wifes head and suddenly its not your own life we gamble with. Thats the point I am going after, would you hesitate before acting because the gun were to her head and not your own?

NP, I was in a goofy mood last night anyway. These are quotes from my wife.

If he's behind me, I'm grabbing your gun and shooting him. If I'm carrying and he's behind you I'm shooting him.

My gut says shoot as soon as I can. Hence the lunge at him to distract and try to deflect the gun while getting mine into play. Seems the better half is with me on that.

Again, it falls into the "don't let a BG move you" idea. And no way I'm letting an armed BG separate me from a family member if I can stop it. And yes, it's a more difficult decision when it's someone else that pays for your mistake. But my fear is they will pay for my inaction as well. There is no good outcome in a situation like this, only less bad.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    I'm not doing anything until everybody has their seatbelt on.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    ladies and gentlemen, the correct answer^^
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Yea i dont want a seatbelt ticket
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” Albert Pike

BG in back seat already. His gun to her head, if his finger is on the trigger, likely is if she his the gas hard, she gets shot due to his finger jerking from the sudden movement. Maybe he misses. If I draw, and he doesn't see it, maybe I kill him before he kills her, but maybe he kills her as he's dying. If she complies and drives, maybe I choose a better spot to kill him - if not, the situation can't worsen. I wait to shoot until the gun is away from her head...or...I take the shot and she takes one for the team. Guess it's good I'm not married.

Being married most of my life, her taking one for the team will be avoided if at all possible. Prior to shooting him, his gun has to be pointed at something other than her. Whether through having him move it through anger toward me or deflection, it needs to move befor I shoot.

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Your situational awareness is probably a bit more developed than your spouse and that of your non armed family. Here is a scenarion based on that probability. You are bent over leaning into the trunk putting groceries into it. Your wife calls out to see if you are ok. You answer yes and look up, You see nothing. She has already started the car and rolled all windows down. You get into the car, and right after you get in the car, a man with a gun gets into the backseat and points his gun to your wifes head. What do you do now, All he tells you to do is drive.
    btw, your wife is in the passenger seat, car is running to get ac running
    If your window's are down why is the A/c running????

besides that... ask the BG what he wants... then give him something he doesn't
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    you mean you've never rolled a window down to blow the hot air out of the car before u start moving?
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links