A colleague was robbed by four men - post #10 update- what happened

This is a discussion on A colleague was robbed by four men - post #10 update- what happened within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A nice young man that teaches with me was robbed over the weekend. I heard about this from a 'source' and when I saw the ...

Thread: A colleague was robbed by four men - post #10 update- what happened

Senior Moderator

A colleague was robbed by four men - post #10 update- what happened

A nice young man that teaches with me was robbed over the weekend. I heard about this from a 'source' and when I saw the person, he didn't bring it up, so I figured he might not want to talk about it, etc.

But from what I was told, he was lying on a couch when four men broke in his door and kicked him several times. He didn't try to resist apparently - proabably knew there was no future in trying to take on four guys. Apparently they hit a friend/relative that was also there in/on the eye and it's blackened.

They took his computer stuff and some other things. While I realize, my friend was ill prepared to defend himself, I still can sympathize with the impact it must have had on him.

Of course, now when I mention something about going shooting with me, he just may go.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

2. Remove Ads

*Crash* Hmmm must be that Cat, *Crunch* man these potato chips are good. *Kick to face* Darn, wife must be mad.... Lol once I hear the crash my glock is out of its holster or off the coffee table when I lay down on the couch.
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” Albert Pike

Quote Originally Posted by guardmt View Post
    *Crash* Hmmm must be that Cat, *Crunch* man these potato chips are good. *Kick to face* Darn, wife must be mad.... Lol once I hear the crash my glock is out of its holster or off the coffee table when I lay down on the couch.
    If they kicked in his door while he was on the couch they were probably right there in the room w/ him as soon as they got through the door.

I have two doors and they both have bars to prevent them from being opened even if unlocked that will at least give us time to react because they're going to have to take the door apart to get in

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    I have two doors and they both have bars to prevent them from being opened even if unlocked that will at least give us time to react because they're going to have to take the door apart to get in
    That's a really good idea. I recommend the Big Jammer Door Brace. http://www.amazon.com/Mace-80115-MAC...3173776&sr=8-7

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dtox View Post
    That's a really good idea. I recommend the Big Jammer Door Brace. http://www.amazon.com/Mace-80115-MAC...3173776&sr=8-7
    Good idea that looks like it would be handy to take along on road trips to secure the door in a motel.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I got two exterior doors between me and the outside... so at least hearing the first door open/get kicked in I have ample time before they get to the next.
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

I would be interested in knowing why your co-worker was targeted.

Why did they kick in his door instead of another neighbor? What "tell" set him up for the hit?

Biker

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    I would be interested in knowing why your co-worker was targeted.

Why did they kick in his door instead of another neighbor? What "tell" set him up for the hit?

Biker
    Me too Biker, me too.

I'm sure it's a frightening, humiliating experience. I do hope to find out (from him) what happened. If not, I'll have to go to 'second hand' accounts.

Having a dog for something like this really comes in handy, if nothing else, for a distraction while you arm yourself.

Senior Moderator
    My colleague related the incident to me yesterday. He decided to rest on a couch right by the door waiting on a friend to come by to go hiking. He chose that location so he would be sure to hear his friend knock.

Four men, at least one armed with a gun, kicked in his door and there he was asleep with zero time to react.

Why/how did they pick him? They got the wrong apartment! It had nothing to do with him or his apartment; it was just an error on the part of the BGs.

This same bunch kidnapped a guy and drove around in his car with him locked in the trunk for 10 hours - 10 hours!

The rest of the story: They caught all four BGs; IIRC their ages were around 17-18 years old. They'll be old men by the time they get out of prison.

They'll be old men by the time they get out of prison.
    I hope so!
    America: Your government is not ignoring you, it's insulting you.

The Bill of Rights: Void where prohibited by law.

Good....I hope they pass away in prison.

yikes.....you don't even need to be a BG to be targeted like this in large force! BGs can pick the wrong house too just like in the rare cases when cops do the same.
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

similar thing happened around here recently... bunch of yutes broke into an apartment... demanded the PS (playstation)... got one of the tenants... shot and killed him...

wrong apartment...

they caught the BGs... most plead out to lesser charges... the one with the gun mighta got some time... can't remember.
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

Links