Wow! What's happened to Chattanooga - worse crime rate than Atlanta or Detroit...

This is a discussion on Wow! What's happened to Chattanooga - worse crime rate than Atlanta or Detroit... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ctsketch and I broke my arm on Friday the 13th, so the logical conclusion is that day caused my accident. That only ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wow! What's happened to Chattanooga - worse crime rate than Atlanta or Detroit...

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    and I broke my arm on Friday the 13th, so the logical conclusion is that day caused my accident.
    That only applies if you're a Knight Templar. Otherwise, it was only a coincidence.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    It seems that the drug smugglers are leaving th bigger cities and moving to less densley populated areas on the interstates. It is definielty happening on I-85. I wouldn't be suprised if it was also happening on I-75.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    It seems that the drug smugglers are leaving th bigger cities and moving to less densley populated areas on the interstates. It is definielty happening on I-85. I wouldn't be suprised if it was also happening on I-75.
    It's been happening along I75 for years and years.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle View Post
    I heard on the news this morning, that on a per capita basis, Chattanooga has a worse crime rate than Atlanta or Detroit. The report went on to say that we are 11th in the worse cities for crime per capita (at least I hope that's per capita).

Boy, that makes it real - I think I'm gonna switch to that round that knocks a man off his feet no matter where it hits him - if I can just remember which one that is.
    Well, I live in Chatt Town and my personal crime rate is 6 burglaries in 20 years statistics aside. One was a daylight home invasion that I have chronicled elsewhere. And I live in an upscale area on a busy street (Which probably has something to do with it)!

The Duke
    "It's time to nut up or shut up" - Woody Harrelson, "Tallahassee" in "Zombieland"

http://www.walletpop.com/blog/2010/0...laces-to-live/

Didn't make the top 10. Detroit and Memphis did, though.
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

VIP Member
    I heard on the news this morning, that on a per capita basis, Chattanooga has a worse crime rate than Atlanta or Detroit. The report went on to say that we are 11th in the worse cities for crime per capita (at least I hope that's per capita).

Boy, that makes it real - I think I'm gonna switch to that round that knocks a man off his feet no matter where it hits him - if I can just remember which one that is.
    That's the .50 BMG isn't it?
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

You might want to set up a .50 on your roof, that might be a deterrent...

I think the high jobless rate and the horrible economy might have something to do with it.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

You do realize that John and Moses are both Biblical names?
    Pretty sure there was an Elvis Iscariot too......

Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    I think the high jobless rate and the horrible economy might have something to do with it.
    I'm not so sure. I've yet to meet a burglar, or any other robbing thieving turd that does his crime to support his family. And i've yet to meet one of these turds that would want a job if a job landed on his head. They rob cheat and steal to make an "easy" buck to support a drug habbit, or to buy new sneakers.

I really dont think Chattanooga needs to have a crime problem. We are not over-run by turds. We have a small population of turds. In my opinion, the courts are failing us. Jail time just isnt handed out. I lost count of how many 5 and 6 time burglarers are just sentenced to "more probation". A quick, public review of our court dockets and dispositions reveals that almost all of the criminals are sentenced to probation. Even after 10+ violations of the same nature. It makes me ill. If we locked up these fools that are running over our city, we would solve alot of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by kb2wji View Post
    I'm not so sure. I've yet to meet a burglar, or any other robbing thieving turd that does his crime to support his family. And i've yet to meet one of these turds that would want a job if a job landed on his head. They rob cheat and steal to make an "easy" buck to support a drug habbit, or to buy new sneakers.
    You are right in a lot of ways, at least in my opinion. But it makes people feel better to think that people are turning to crime because of joblessness or other factors. People want to believe that their fellow mankind is generally "good" and this is far from the truth. We know from God's Word that the heart of man is evil continually.

Quote Originally Posted by kb2wji View Post

I really dont think Chattanooga needs to have a crime problem. We are not over-run by turds. We have a small population of turds. In my opinion, the courts are failing us. Jail time just isnt handed out. I lost count of how many 5 and 6 time burglarers are just sentenced to "more probation". A quick, public review of our court dockets and dispositions reveals that almost all of the criminals are sentenced to probation. Even after 10+ violations of the same nature. It makes me ill. If we locked up these fools that are running over our city, we would solve alot of the problem.
    you're so right, if more of these thugs were actually kept in jail things wouldn't be so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    Or a .46.
    I don't know the .46 isn't more popular....it can do everything the .45 can do AND it's .01 bigger. You see, a bigger hole allows more blood loss thus clearly .46 is always more effective than .45. Some people like 9mm...these people are stupid but if I were a ammo maker, I would come out with a 9.1mm because...you guessed it.....BIGGER HOLE. It would totally obsolete the stupid 9mm...until someone came out with 9.2mm that is. But if you're smart, you would anticipate the release of 9.2mm and leapfrog it with 9.3mm. I look forward to expanding the caliber wars in .01 increments....mostly because I have no life.

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Just get a S&W .500,learn to shoot it,that`l Work Period.

Quote Originally Posted by The Old Anglo View Post
    Just get a S&W .500,learn to shoot it,that`l Work Period.
    Yes, just remember to use +p .500 because that is more effective than standard weak load .500....or just wait until .the S&W .501 comes out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links