Clerk shoots at robbers! What's wrong... - Page 2

Clerk shoots at robbers! What's wrong...

This is a discussion on Clerk shoots at robbers! What's wrong... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Quick thinking clerk, and I hope he planted some lead......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clerk shoots at robbers! What's wrong...

Quick thinking clerk, and I hope he planted some lead...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

All the good guys (and gals) are alive and unhurt, and the bad guys got nothing but the law on their trail. Pretty darn good outcome, I think.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

In one of the comments from the news site the link points to someone mentions a bullet hole in the door. If you look at the right hand door, about knee level, right next to the left frame as the second bad guy is running out a white mark appears just before or as he leaves. If that's a bullet mark then it's to bad the clerk didn't have more paractice so he wouldn't have aimed low, and it looks like he should have used a more powerfull gun because I don't think it penetrated the door. Of course in this case, maybe thats a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Quick thinking clerk, and I hope he planted some lead...
    +1 The clerk really didnt seem to alarmed.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    In one of the comments from the news site the link points to someone mentions a bullet hole in the door. If you look at the right hand door, about knee level, right next to the left frame as the second bad guy is running out a white mark appears just before or as he leaves. If that's a bullet mark then it's to bad the clerk didn't have more paractice so he wouldn't have aimed low, and it looks like he should have used a more powerfull gun because I don't think it penetrated the door. Of course in this case, maybe thats a good thing.
    the doors might be safety glass, as many convenient stores do, they are somewhat bullet resistant.
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

On a related story.. http://www.bottomlinecom.com/kcnews/...storyspin.html

The media is something else!

And now a second clerk involved shooting at the same store...

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/new...-shoots-person
    When asked if the fans that ran on the field naked were men or women, Yogi replied "I don't know, they had bags over their heads."

Props to the clerk. If I was him I would've done the same thing. As as calm as he seemed, maybe he didn't shoot to kill, just send a message.

Not sure what to think of the second story about the man actually being shot at that store since there are very few details in the story. But the first one seems pretty clear cut. 2 skells enter story concealing their faces with gun drawn and demand the money and that people get down on the floor. I don't know about you but when a skell with a mask on and a gun in his hand tells someone to get down on the floor I immediately think execution. Alarm bells start going off in my head. So the clerk shot at them. I think he did what was needed. I'm just sorry he didn't empty both of their cranial vaults right there in the store. Hopefully he hit them both and they bled out in some crack den somewhere.

As for him shooting at the car as it sped off, maybe not the smartest thing he could have done but as a person who has been shot at before I can tell you, it makes you mad. More angry than you can possibly imagine. And you just want to make sure that the person shooting at you can not do it again in the next minute. So I completely understand why he would shoot at them as they were fleeing. The law may see it another way but if it ever got to the point where it was in front of a jury and I was on that jury. He wouldn't be convicted of a single thing.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

2 stupid little thuglettes possibly with airsoft weapons just messed their pants. They looked real "gangsta" when they were running for their miserable lives.

The second report doesn't sound like it will end well for clerk involved. Too little info
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

RKM
    "Hero of the daaaaayyyy...saved my life!"

Hhahahahahaha! That lady is kind of eccentric.

On another note. Technically no, he shouldn't have shot with their back turned. But all in all, I don't think t was all that bad. A guy with a gun, back turned or not, is still a threat. What's keeping the badguy from turning back around? Well other than bullets flying towards him, heh.

VIP Member
    It would take a heck of a lawyer to defend you for shooting at a fleeing vehicle or person hitting them and saying there was a threat. The threat must be real and occuring at that time not he could of or he was going to.
    The car is the perfect example. A vehicle is speeding towards you and have nowhere to go you shoot the driver and the car stops. The driver was using the vehicle as a deadly weapon and the threat was real and immediate not a problem. The speeding vehicle misses you by inches and is now going away from you and you decide to fire through the back window and kill the driver. You will more than likely be charged with some form of murder. The real threat is no longer there he is passed you and now leaving the scene.
    You could try to say he could have or would have turned around and came back as a defense but until that happened he was no longer a threat he was on his to the church to confess and then to the PD to turn himself in. Of course all cases are different and authorities would look at the totality of the circumstance in making their decisions but the precedent for such cases has already been set.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links