"Take your pants off!" (it's not what you think)

This is a discussion on "Take your pants off!" (it's not what you think) within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; First time poster...Just wanted to preface this by saying thanks to all who have shared their knowledge on this board. I've learned a lot since ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Take your pants off!" (it's not what you think)

First time poster...Just wanted to preface this by saying thanks to all who have shared their knowledge on this board. I've learned a lot since I started carrying last April.

Ok, so I saw this story in my local news and thought I would share it with the group. Here's the link:

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_n...mber-sentenced

It's the second to last paragraph that really got me thinking:
    "White and a co-defendant approached the man who was sitting in a car. At gun point, they forced the victim to take his pants off and then forced him into his home where they took a large amount of money and some jewelry."

I'm changing the scenario only slightly:
    So, by some momentary lapse in your SA, you find yourself ambushed by 2 members of the bounty hunter bloods in your own driveway. You were getting ready to leave the house to run some errands and you're carrying your usual in your usual way. You were thinking about what store you should go to first when two males with red bandanas around their face come upon you, the leader of which has a gun pointed at your face. Your vehicle is directly behind you and the 2 gang members right in front of you...you're trapped. The second guy doesn't appear to be armed. The gunman orders you to "Take your pants off, now!" (this is a common tactic of the BHB who want to completely humiliate and disrespect their victims, and often strip them naked just to rob them). What do you do now?

I know this is a nightmare situation, and you probably have no other choice than to put on some theatrics, pretending to take your pants off while actually drawing your weapon and hoping for the best. I mean, if you attempt to comply and take your pants off, you're going to show 2 nervous gangstas that you are armed, and that's probably not going to turn out well.

Any thoughts?

Thought:

Do what you have to do do to go home alive.

Disrespect is not a reason to shoot another person (?). I do question if they are really human after all and would need sufficient proof that their red blood cells do in fact carry oxygen. The reason for that proof being needed is the disparity of force and the pointing of a deadly weapon at me with the ability to inflict death upon my person.

Biker

If they stay beyond contact range, you best be moving while drawing.

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    Thought:

Do what you have to do do to go home alive.

Disrespect is not a reason to shoot another person (?). I do question if they are really human after all and would need sufficient proof that their red blood cells do in fact carry oxygen. The reason for that proof being needed is the disparity of force and the pointing of a deadly weapon at me with the ability to inflict death upon my person.

Biker
    What he said.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Seems pretty straightforward to me. I'd probably pretend to drop my pants while actually going for my gun. Drop to the ground and sideways while drawing and firing.

Seems like the best idea at the moment anyway.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

"Huh?... Oh.... you want my wallet!" Spoken like a deaf person. (No offense meant here, but up close, "surprised" and trapped like this, a "reasonable" thing would be that I am deaf and did not hear them... and could only assume by the weapon that they want my money. If I speak like Marlee Matlin it would "click" for them, catch them off guard and give me opportunity.)
    Draw and fire repeatedly at both targets.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Ok, sounds good (well as good as that situation is going to get anyway)...What about the original scenario, when the guy was originally approached while still in his vehicle? Would you get out of the car and then engage? Or would you draw while still in the driver's seat?

me
    It depends where he is in relation to the vehicle. If I can stay in the vehicle and bring my gun to bear then i would engage from in the vehicle as it allows me an additional tactical option of a way out. However if I could not bring my gun to bear in the vehicle, which mine is accessible, then I would get out.
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

They forced him to take is pants off.. in the car? Did they make him get out and drop trou?
    In the car... If it's running, I'm gone at full speed. forward, backward, whatever way I gotta go.
    Not running, "Struggling to get pants off"... draw and fire.

Out of the car... Getting out... draw and fire.

These guys are NOT expecting any resistance... They have a gun in your face ... loosen your belt... "Look, I'll give you my money... here's my wallet." Reaching.... draw and fire.

Time and distance are your friends... If you can get distance, you have gotten time... If you can't get distance... "trapped" You have to do something they don't expect... to buy time to get to your weapon.... Heck... I'd start doing a bump and grind while humming the appropriate melody... If I thought that would distract them long enough for me to get to my weapon.

If you can act as CRAZY as they are acting "BAD," You may mentally disarm them momentarily. In the scenarios presented... all SA has failed for whatever reason... Your back is againt the wall, you are trapped... If you just reach for your gun... you may be dead before you get to it... I want to have the opportunity to use mine... That means I'm going to try to buy precious milliseconds, to level the playing field.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Gaining "an edge", by whatever means possible.

I would distract them by peeing on myself,whether I planned it or not,then while they are laughing cause whitey done peed hisself I will introduce them to MR. Colt
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Depends...

My wife just had some great training last week from an ex Seal turned Merc/CCW trainer friend from church (wife finally getting CCW!!!) and we (I) learned all sorts of ways to disarm someone within contact range (I need more practice before I would be comfortable trying these things) and it is surprisingly easy to gain control of a weapon when the assailant is not expecting you do react. I think if you have the training to fight then you fight like your life is on the line, because it may just be.

Seeing as how a gun is already drawn there is no way you, John Wayne, Rambo or anybody is going to out draw a drawn gun. So, you have to change the game if you are going to draw on this puke. A fast violent reaction will be needed, something they are not expecting, get control of the weapon and draw, fall down and draw, whatever you need to do to distract. Get out of the way of the muzzle and fight! As soon as I can draw I will be using all 16 rounds in the mag until the threat is gone.

Maybe that's just me but I rather like waking up in the morning.
    "The sheep hate the sheepdog almost as much as the wolf until a wolf shows up."

So, you're saying Rambo ain't got a chance... but Bruce Lee does?

Maybe. And, if it was my only shot, I'd try it... But, the magician uses misdirection... focus audience attention elsewhere... My best shot is with an equalizer... my hands, though they be registered as lethal weapons (NOT) are not bullet proof.

Yes, there are benefits to knowing disarming techniques.... but to use them requires practice... Lots of it... I may be able to "wax on -- wax off" a hand, maybe a knife... maybe even a gun... maybe I can grab the muzzle or stop the weapon from going to battery... Maybe I can stop the hammer fall with the web of my thumb and forefinger...

I know I can act befuddled, crazy, wacko, deaf? Whatever it takes to misdirect the idiot... Probably long enough to get my weapon into play. If the bad guys are gangbangers.. they've fought before... they may even attend their own dojo... But when was the last time they saw, and knew what to do with or about, a crazy old fool doin' a strip tease for 'em? I don't care if they void themselves laughing... If it gives me the shot....

Think outside the box... they are expecting a standard reaction.. maybe even a disarming move... They aren't expecting crazy, weird, different...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

I just hope it's one of those days I'm carry my gun in my belly belt, or in my gun conceal t-shirt. The gun won't be in or attached to my pants.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    Move off the X, draw and hit them hard and fast before they can regain their OODA loop They are not likely thinking of you fighting back. This can be done as I have proven it in FOF with airsoft. May I take a hit (YES) but my plan is for them to die. Your getting hit depends on how fast you can put the guy with gun down.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links