Guns in Safes - Page 2

Guns in Safes

This is a discussion on Guns in Safes within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by HotGuns If you've made it to my safes, I am dead and it dont matter.The perp will have to figure it out. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guns in Safes

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    If you've made it to my safes, I am dead and it dont matter.The perp will have to figure it out.
    Now that is a good answer right there! I feel the same way.

I always have a gun on me, even around the house and for sure it is loaded so if the bad guy is inside the house chances are he's bleeding out and I am yelling at him.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    If you've made it to my safes, I am dead and it dont matter.The perp will have to figure it out.
    Exactly. Deep down in my soul, I know that I will never be held at gunpoint, nor forced to do anything inside my own home. What's in my safe(s) and in what condition they're kept is of no consequence. You make yourself a first line of defense, and never, ever get to that point.

MJK
    If I touch a firearm in my home - whether it comes out of my safe or from a hide - I never have to ask myself "Is it loaded?"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Just FYI........

The vast majority of "really bad" Bad Guys are hip to that program and they will force you to unlock the safe but, they will never allow you to physically open the door.
    Agreed.

The loaded gun-in-the-safe is great for retrieval when a gun may be needed for the bump in the night, as far as it's worth during a robbery involving your safe, I doubt that it will help you much if things get that far. I'm not saying don't have one, or that it won't be useful, I am saying you may never get the chance to utilize it.

A friend of mine was robbed one night as he was locking up and leaving his convenience store. During a light rain a little short masked guy came running out of nowhere, jumped up and toward my friend and hit him on top of his head with a pistol. My friend is a big/tough guy, stayed on his feet and started fighting his attacker, another attacker arrived and he started fighting him also. A third attacker arrived and fired a "warning" shot right in front of my friends face. He actually thought he'd been shot and stopped fighting. The fourth attacker arrived and they all marched him back in his convenience store to his safe and demanded him to open it, they fired another shot into the wall over his head for effect and motivation. While my friend was opening his safe he knew he had a loaded gun conveniently stored inside, though he never made a move to get it because one of the BG's had the muzzle end directly against the back of his head the whole time. He was sure that any suspicious move he'd make they'd killed him on the spot. He gave them the money and they left.

My friends okay, of course the police came. They found a pistol outside in the mud (dropped during the fight) and traced it back from a street sale to one of the BG's who is currently in jail, I don't know about the other BG's, the last time I talked to him they were still wanted. My point in writing this is my friend had the mindset to prepare in advance to foil a robbery with his gun-in-the-safe, but due to duress from the BG's he chose not to attempt to access it.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by carguy2244 View Post
    My safe weapons are loaded. It also has a directional booby trap. It'll mess up a few guns, but nobody will be walking away with them.
    http://www.firefighternation.com/vid...curity-foggers

this may be a good booby trap to quickly disorient the BG and give you an opportunity to turn the tide against the BG.
    Last edited by ncsteveh; September 4th, 2010 at 02:07 PM. Reason: forgot link

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    If I touch a firearm in my home - whether it comes out of my safe or from a hide - I never have to ask myself "Is it loaded?"
    This. But I also don't have children.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Many of my guns remain loaded, I always have one on my person or within reach when at home, the home invader will never make me open my safe because if he's standing by the safe, I'm already dead.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I keep the XD40 and 642 loaded while in the safe. The .22lr pistols are unloaded with mags removed and actions open.

Long-guns are unloaded (although I keep 3 30-rd AK mags loaded at all times). I don't keep the long-guns loaded because of the where my head and body is in relation to the muzzles when I pull them from the safe. They are all stored barrel-up with their actions open and magazines (if applicable) removed. My over/under's action is closed so it doesn't take up so much space, but I place a piece of red paper in the breech as a flag to show it was checked prior to storage. I do the same with the AK since AK bolts don't remain open when empty.

Cheers!
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Quote Originally Posted by ncsteveh View Post
    http://www.firefighternation.com/vid...curity-foggers

this may be a good booby trap to quickly disorient the BG and give you an opportunity to turn the tide against the BG.
    Now this is a good idea! NON-toxic fog. If this were attached to the safe it might give the victim time to get away while the BG
    is disoriented.

PPKheat throws it down.

It's one thing to talk S#!& on the internet but when its in your face, its another story. My sister was jumped closing up a store one night. He came out of "nowhere" (hid in storeroom until she closed), held a pistol on her the whole time and made her open the safe. He sort of searched her for her cell phone and threatened her about it several times. She kept it hid and he did not find it. I think the only chance to get the jump is with a concealed weapon on your person the BG does not know about.

One of my shooter friends has a guy in his club that in a younger life ran up a big debt to a loan shark. He said before he knew what was going on he had a broken leg. He did not even see it coming.

If I see it coming, they are not getting in my house or in my personal space. If they have a gun in my ear, what am I going to do? The urge to live will probably overcome the shock and anger.

My safe weapons are loaded. It also has a directional booby trap. It'll mess up a few guns, but nobody will be walking away with them.

Totally illegal and you will go to jail for this should the device even be found and not detonated! Very foolish to incorporate also for times of extremem need as you may for whatever reason, forget it is there, or fumble the trip mechanism.

Simply put, is IS AGAINST THE LAW to install and such devices that may maim or kill.
    Certified Glock Armorer

This is what I use and have used for a long time to protect access to my safe, which is in the Garage......

http://www.securitysolutionsworld.com/store.php?crn=230
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by edr9x23super View Post
    This is what I use and have used for a long time to protect access to my safe, which is in the Garage......

http://www.securitysolutionsworld.com/store.php?crn=230
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^That^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ plus the fog makes for a bad day for the BG and a good day for the Home Owner, as long as he doesn't trip it himself

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Humm... Skipping past the obvious "It shouldn't be happening to begin with," BG has a gun on you forcing you to open safe; you are going to pull a loaded gun from the safe and drop him. Go for it.

Unless I dead certain (I know, bad pun) I can pull it off, I plan on filing a claim with the Insur. Co. and buying new ones. Count as another of life's lessons learned.

For those who claim to already be dead, I ain't dead until I quit breathing.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    It this so-called "booby trap" has any potential for inflicting serious injury or death, that will be considered "premediatation" in court.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links