Shooting Through Walls

This is a discussion on Shooting Through Walls within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In the news today was the story of a Kansas City apartment manager who was investigating a noise in the hall outside his apartment late ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shooting Through Walls

Shooting Through Walls

In the news today was the story of a Kansas City apartment manager who was investigating a noise in the hall outside his apartment late Thursday night. He was confronted by two persons dressed in black with black masks over their faces.

“Break yourself fool. Back up,” one of them told him. In the Queen's English, I am told this means they wanted to rob him.

The manager shut the door, grabbed a handgun and fired a shot through the wall. One of the suspects fired a shot. He then stepped into the hallway and fired another shot as they ran away.

Your opinions on this incident are welcome.
    When asked if the fans that ran on the field naked were men or women, Yogi replied "I don't know, they had bags over their heads."

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kccad View Post

“Break yourself fool. Back up,”
    It's a good thing that they were wearing ski-masks to identify themselves as BG's. I wouldn't have had a clue as to what he was saying to me.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    great move in my opinion if the firing lane was clear...i probably would have emptied my first mag through the wall and if they werent hit they would have been easily identifiable by the amount of plaster they were wearing....

i have specific firing lanes in my home where i would not hesitate to take someone through walls....

I'd be more willing to do this in my single family home, more than in an multi dwelling structure.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

AzB
    Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    I'd be more willing to do this in my single family home, more than in an multi dwelling structure.
    Yes. What was behind the wall on the opposite side of the hall behind the bgs?
    Az

-- Luck favors the well prepared.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Interior sheetrock walls (and most non- brick, non-concrete walls) won't stop a decent fart, much less almost any firearm bullet. .22s will penetrate, .380s will penetrate, et cetera.

There are probably some liability and legal concerns in this, but hey, I'm not the one there--staring down the guns of two hooded BGs.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

delete
    Last edited by kccad; September 3rd, 2010 at 06:50 PM.
    When asked if the fans that ran on the field naked were men or women, Yogi replied "I don't know, they had bags over their heads."

delete

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    Yes. What was behind the wall on the opposite side of the hall behind the bgs?
    My thoughts exactly.

In my house, without a doubt, an apartment building??????

Once i was inside, i would just post up on that front door. My apartment walls are very thin (believe me ;) Now if they started shooting through the walls , i may open up from the floor level pointing upward(im on the top floor) If they are smashing in my door and have guns, i would'nt hesitate to add more peep holes.
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    It's a good thing that they were wearing ski-masks to identify themselves as BG's. I wouldn't have had a clue as to what he was saying to me.
    Ya, if it had something to do with dance moves, I'd be shot on sight!

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    I'm gonna go with a no, bad idea, you have no way of verifying your target, and you could very well accidentally shoot someone running past the outside of your home/apartment/condo. Its a bad idea, isnt one of the things they teach verify your target?
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

VIP Member
    Wasn't there, and don't know the apt. layout. Maybe he had no safe place to get out of the line of fire and this was the best he could do. Make them back from the door and get aggressive as well by going after them.

In general, I would say thumbs down and poor decision, but.... it may have been right on for that circumstance.

I too would have had no idea what was being asked of me.

Class III stitch... If the hallway was on an outside wall... Specially if the outside wall were brick!
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links