Curiosity question... Passenger driving by shines red laser at you.

This is a discussion on Curiosity question... Passenger driving by shines red laser at you. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by 9MMare All good points. However...all they needed to do was shoot at the light...if that was their intent. That's just why I'd ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Curiosity question... Passenger driving by shines red laser at you.

Quote Originally Posted by 9MMare View Post
    All good points.

However...all they needed to do was shoot at the light...if that was their intent. That's just why I'd move first and worry about anything else next.

Good scenario, thanks.
    This is the fun part about being able to slow things down for a moment and to think. When all this happened I had very little time to think. My brain had to tell me threat or idiot kid.

It went with idiot kid and I let it go. It all worked out but as I said this was a first and my brain was not thinking gun laser, just an idiot kid with a pen laser.

The best part about this thread is that it has opened my eyes and that is what I love about this place.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    No.........lasers are illegal now in most states. Dial 911 and report it. THAT would be taking it to the next level.
    I've had kids do the laser thing on my vehicle while I was driving down the road. Luckily I knew their parents and called them first and let them know I was ready to press charges. Kids screwing around is somewhat understandable to me even though I was ready to take someone out for the display through my truck windows and into my eyes.. Your circumstances are likely different.
    I was wondering, if lasers are illegal then does that meake a CTS laser sight also illegal?

Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    I was wondering, if lasers are illegal then does that meake a CTS laser sight also illegal?
    I'm sure that if a case could be made for deliberate pointing into the eyes, then it's highly likely such a person could find himself run afoul of the relevant statutes. Particularly if an attack were being made and that ended up even temporarily disabling the person's vision.

Crimson Trace's position, though, is this:

Crimson Trace -- Laser Safety Validation testing

Official U.S. Military Safety test Results

Crimson Trace Laser Grips (LG-302 and LG-402M) have been tested and officially rated by the US Army Center for Health Promotion and Preventive Medicine (CHPPM), Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. In the past we also have been tested by the US Air Force. The results are as follows:

• Our infrared lasers have been rated as Class 1 which means they are safe to use with no restrictions.
    • Our visible lasers were rated Class 3R. This means our laser has the beam intensity comparable to a laser pointer. This rating is also less restrictive than the ratings given to other weapon mounted lasers currently in US military use.
    Thus, I'd bet the liability would be similar to that of sending a laser pointer into the eyes of another.

There are probably a few court cases here and there, regarding pointing of laser sights into the eyes of folks, though I haven't been able to find any in a quick web search.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links