Angry mob surrounds your home.... - Page 2

Angry mob surrounds your home....

This is a discussion on Angry mob surrounds your home.... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've thought about this a little more, and seriously. I'd likely know about any riot before it reached my area and I'd probably get what ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Angry mob surrounds your home....

I've thought about this a little more, and seriously. I'd likely know about any riot before it reached my area and I'd probably get what I want to take with me and get out, however, assuming I stayed. My first plan of action would be to lay out weapons in my home, take stock of what I had to actively and passively defend myself. The dog would come inside with me. Then, still assuming my current residence with my parents, I'd go two houses down to see if my neighbor was home with his wife and kids and they'd be coming to my place.

My neighbor is in his early 30's and pretty good shape. He's ex-Army Special Forces and his wife was in the 82nd Airborne. They're very good friends. And very useful ones in this nightmare scenario. We'd discuss ways to quickly fortify the residence if necessary and take things as they came from there.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

VIP Member
    I think that you are better off not being there. BUT if you are there a rifle with the ability to reach out and touch someone would be your best option. If you had an AR or similar rifle that was accurate and rapid firing rifle you could "tax" the mob enough as it approached to possibly deter them from getting closer. Dropping the leaders would really help too. If they had a couple hundred yards to cross under fire you could put a real dent in their enthusiasm. Then get you B.O.B. and get the heck out.
    A word of warning; if you can afford to do more Bear does not recommend giving your wife two pieces of bubble gum for her birthday.

Always target the person that is giving orders.

Groin shots with AR from as far out as possible. If that doesn't deter them aim for some throats. People don't like the sight of blood when they could be next.
    IDF snipers used to shoot the instigators in the crotch during mob situations.

Arm your wife and kids, too.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

VIP Member
    Putting it in perspective, I think this is a possible but highly unlikely scenario. Somehow civil order would have to break down, and the police either ineffective or in on the deal.

Moreover, I think if you ran over someone while trying to escape you probably wouldn't get far. You are fairly exposed in a vehicle unless it is armored.

While I will guess that something along the lines Pack is speaking of has happened, I can't actually think of any specific instance.

As for tactics, prayer and good luck will be your only help if the police aren't interested in protecting you from a mob. Because, if the community is that upside down in its thinking about you that it would tolerate actions against you, your fighting back would be twisted into assault and murder charges and a guaranteed conviction by your neighbors sans intervention by the FBI and Justice Dept.

Isn't this scenario exactly what happened on Long Island with the gang surrounding the families house? It seems from that example that most those people answering on this thread would be prosecuted.
    We need to have two different scenario's, one says shoot away if their is no civil order now or will there ever be. The other if the civil authorities will show up in the future. In that case they will expect you to hide while awaiting their arrival.
    Try offering the BG's snacks and video games to keep their minds off you and your family till help arrives.

Michael

I remember seeing video of the LA riots. One in particular showed a mob coming down the street toward the Korean Grocers and you can see the crowd split like the Red Sea to avoid that store.

My plan would be to shoot at the leaders as stated earlier. I can't imagine a mob continuing to press a random attack once they start dropping. I would think they'd go down the street and hit my liberal non gun owning nieghbors instead

Sometimes, leaders may be hard to discern or nonexistant. I can pretty much guarantee that if you start dropping people, even with skipshot, they will break.

They'll just burn the place if you put up armed resistance.

As soon as you determine their intent....create a diversion and out the window (away from all entrances, closest to cover outside, and least likely to be covered by attackers) to barn and then to neighbors. If necessary, if possible, shoot anyone on that side of house. Cover is very close on that side...and then the woods or neighbors.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Quote Originally Posted by AlexHassin View Post
    That’s why we need full auto legalized. So you can go out like Toney Montana.
    Not Tony Montana style, but the best I can do!

Honestly, I can say this is one of the very few times full auto is useful. Don't get me wrong, I love to dump a few mags now and then, but I mostly shoot in semi auto or 2 round burst. Against a mob, full auto suppressive fire would be nice to have.

Also, one of the few instances where a suppressed weapon could be useful as well. Subsonic ammo is pretty quite out of this thing and it would be pretty quick to eliminate a few by one side of the house, etc. Most likely, I'd just put on some music and pretend it wasn't happening!!

Oh, I just added a 100 round betamag for this as well as the one for 5.56. I'd never use it for defense, but it's a whole lot of fun at the range!!

Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

My wife & daughter can shoot Plus me, A 10-22 for daughter,Mossberg 500 full length & 30-30 for wife & 06 for myself good out too 300 yards EASY ; ) PS that's if we took a stand
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    That's why you can never have too much ammo for each gun. Situations like these is when a high capacity rifle would be most needed.

-"Peace Through Superior Firepower"

Gangs would be a definite problem. Civil disorder (mobs), IMO, you must stop them befor they get near your house.

Shoot the guys with torches first, the rest will retire early.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links