Angry mob surrounds your home....

This is a discussion on Angry mob surrounds your home.... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In some states, mine included, arson can be deterred with lethal force. With that being said, my pick would be the Saiga 12 with a ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Angry mob surrounds your home....

Senior Moderator
    In some states, mine included, arson can be deterred with lethal force.

With that being said, my pick would be the Saiga 12 with a 30 round magazine loaded with buck and slugs. I'd dump it as fast as possible at those in front, and before the empty drum hit the ground, I'd have another in place. I might even have a few rounds of Dragon's Breath in place just for effect.

If you are gonna go, go hard.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

2. Remove Ads

Never happen! The security guard at the gate wont let them in without calling me first. I have that in writing from the home owners association so it must be true!

The actual layout of my neighborhood is actually pretty good for a zombie/mob type scenario. Unless we are talking a planned assault where they go over/under/through the walls, there is one way into my neighborhood. I have a beautiful unobstructed view over my back yard wall to the front gate. If it were TEOTWAWKI I could pretty much command that approach. I have two rifles that can easily hit half gallon milk jugs at that range. Six foot high concrete walls on both sides of the main street all the way past my house and into the back of the neighborhood.
    Much less inviting than the one across the main road from us. Or the one on the other side of the bayou.
    But I don't have to worry about it. The HOA has a contract deputy that will protect me!
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by 9MMare View Post
    They'll just burn the place if you put up armed resistance.
    That wasn't shown to be the case in LA.

I think it depends on the content of the mob and their reason for surrounding your house.

If they think you just fed two of their kids to an alligator, yeah you're kinda screwed.

If it's a bunch of zombies that know you're the only house on the block w/ food ( Which means you totally blew your opsec at some point) your objective it to make the food too costly to be worth the reward. and you're probably going to have to fight your way out.

But if you just happen to be some random target they'll (very likely) change their plans once their compadres start dropping

MDPD's

Mob Dispersal Pill Dispensers
    Attached Images

Are those the 7.62x51 drums that are extremely expensive or AK drums?
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Chinese 75rd AK drums. They aren't cheap either any more.

Think about the civil situation in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. For those who chose to stay (critical error #1), the result was basically a lawless existence for an extended period. Lots of bad stuff went down.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Absent the water, those prepared could have done very well, minus the PD.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    That wasn't shown to be the case in LA.

I think it depends on the content of the mob and their reason for surrounding your house.

If they think you just fed two of their kids to an alligator, yeah you're kinda screwed.

If it's a bunch of zombies that know you're the only house on the block w/ food ( Which means you totally blew your opsec at some point) your objective it to make the food too costly to be worth the reward. and you're probably going to have to fight your way out.

But if you just happen to be some random target they'll (very likely) change their plans once their compadres start dropping
    Most likely true...however I'm not in LA or any urban area of brick and attached shops/homes/apts.

I'm in a rural area where someone would specifically target my home. There's nothing here worth splitting up for a 'mob,' and any good gang of theives would know that before committing. I really have no idea why someone would do this in my area or to me. But once they were locked out and shown some resistance (I would have to say or prove I was armed I guess...which I didnt mention).....if they didnt leave, nothing else would happen unless they burned the place down. Or the cops showed up.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Most likely true...however I'm not in LA or any urban area of brick and attached shops/homes/apts.

I'm in a rural area where someone would specifically target my home. There's nothing here worth splitting up for a 'mob,' and any good gang of theives would know that before committing. I really have no idea why someone would do this in my area or to me. But once they were locked out and shown some resistance (I would have to say or prove I was armed I guess...which I didnt mention).....if they didnt leave, nothing else would happen unless they burned the place down. Or the cops showed up.

OK I did come up with a possible reason I might face this situation AND the mob wouldnt want to burn the house. But it is a SHTF scenario. Is that what the OP was asking about? They'd want the house, the property, et al, without damaging them.

In which case I'd still attempt what I originally wrote....distract and escape if possible, as soon as possible. One person, with one handgun (even with lots of ammo) isnt going to discourage or defeat them. Esp not if they've cased the place previously.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Virtual suicide is rarely a satisfactory strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    1 man, 1 woman, 2 child team south of orange smoke; you're cleared hot!

But seriously. Alex, full-auto even in that situation would be a waste of ammo. Select fire, maybe. But not full-auto. I'd have my M&P on my side, a loaded shotgun with a box of shells, and hopefully I'd have acquired a rifle by this time. I don't have one yet.
    Saiga 12/15 rd mags,Saiga/AK 7.62x39, 30 rd mags not cheap but a good buy!
    "Just because your paranoid doesn't mean their not out to get you !!!" Henry Kissenger as a wise man said to me strive to own one of every type and caliber

Good thing walmart had a sale on 12 gauge shells this week, 20 bucks for 100 shells, i got myself 200 =)
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” Albert Pike

#8's I'd guess ok close up i like slugs and buck shot 4 home defense
    "Just because your paranoid doesn't mean their not out to get you !!!" Henry Kissenger as a wise man said to me strive to own one of every type and caliber

I'm in a rural area where someone would specifically target my home.
    Why would anyone pick your home to target?

I don't know how rural you are but if you're any distance at all from a city you've probably already taken the biggest step toward not having your home surrounded by a mob in the first place

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links