Angry mob surrounds your home....

This is a discussion on Angry mob surrounds your home.... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As crazy as it sounds, I still think this scenario is actually possible in the CONUS. There are plenty of remote places in the US ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Angry mob surrounds your home....

Angry mob surrounds your home....

As crazy as it sounds, I still think this scenario is actually possible in the CONUS. There are plenty of remote places in the US where folks still base their lives on superstition and lack of logic. It also doesn't take much for those same people to mob up and attack whatever their anger happens to be aimed at whether it's logical or not.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/americ...ex.html?hpt=C2
    Belize mob torches Americans' animal sanctuary but their will survives
    By Arthur Brice, CNN
    September 7, 2010 8:26 p.m. EDT
    (CNN) -- An American couple in Belize struggled Tuesday to figure out their future, their dreams literally up in smoke after a mob of indigenous Mayans burned down their animal sanctuary in the belief the foreigners fed two missing children to crocodiles on their property.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

2. Remove Ads

rifle on the rooftop...or top floor....but if they set the house ablaze then you are stuck there...
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

I don't think it's crazy. It's a very real situation. Mob and gang violence are kind of the same animal.

There are places in the USA, where the ingredients for such scenarios exist. Compound that with a natural disaster, or similar, and you've got a big stink on your hands.

We still have a lot of people full of religious and/or racial type bigotry; mob violence isn't above this mentality.

AKs and shotguns; that's all I got to say...
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

VIP Member
    Considering some of the riots of the past few years a distinct possibility, rifles, shotguns and plenty of ammo.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member
    Pop smoke and call in the air strike?

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    drive through the garage door and over whatever/whoever gets in the way....i may have to open the door as its a pretty sturdy hurricane resistant model but i think my point will be received rather quickly...i dont believe i would be able to hold off a mob from my home without lots of help...its far from a secure environment with multiple potential entry points....

Thatís why we need full auto legalized. So you can go out like Toney Montana. I think by the time a mob surrounds your house its pretty much game over. Getting out before they surround you sounds like a much better option.

Quote Originally Posted by fastk9dad View Post
    Pop smoke and call in the air strike?
    1 man, 1 woman, 2 child team south of orange smoke; you're cleared hot!

But seriously. Alex, full-auto even in that situation would be a waste of ammo. Select fire, maybe. But not full-auto. I'd have my M&P on my side, a loaded shotgun with a box of shells, and hopefully I'd have acquired a rifle by this time. I don't have one yet.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    1 man, 1 woman, 2 child team south of orange smoke; you're cleared hot!

But seriously. Alex, full-auto even in that situation would be a waste of ammo. Select fire, maybe. But not full-auto. I'd have my M&P on my side, a loaded shotgun with a box of shells, and hopefully I'd have acquired a rifle by this time. I don't have one yet.
    Good I had no intention of being serious. About the Scarface part.
    Last edited by AlexHassin; September 8th, 2010 at 10:41 AM. Reason: clarity, even clearer

You mean like what is going on in LA right now.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

i dont believe i would be able to hold off a mob from my home without lots of help...its far from a secure environment with multiple potential entry points....
    Absolutely right; you may think you are impregnable, but you are not. You can only shoot one gun at a time, and they have more guns than you do.

That’s why we need full auto legalized. So you can go out like Toney Montana.
    Full auto won't matter, you will be just as dead.

Getting out before they surround you sounds like a much better option.
    Correct answer. Grab what you can carry and leave. Kill anyone who tries to hinder your progress with impunity, but above all, survive.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by Stevew View Post
    You mean like what is going on in LA right now.
    whats going on in LA?
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Saiga 12 with a drum full of slugs, people tend to get scared of holes that big, but in all reality if things go that far south then the house is going up in smoke anyways, kiss your butt goodbye and take as many with you as you can, you may just end up noticing yourself being the last one standing, violent people are routinely overrun by people who can summon extremely violent behavior.

Grab my big screen Tv and have my wife cover me as I run to the Jeep
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links