company i work for stupid policy - Page 3

company i work for stupid policy

This is a discussion on company i work for stupid policy within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by paramedic70002 Drive around the property. Door open, window broken, strange car, , go to 7-11, call 911. If not, back to sleep. ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: company i work for stupid policy

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Drive around the property. Door open, window broken, strange car, , go to 7-11, call 911. If not, back to sleep.
    Thats what ive done in the past if the door is busted etc. I would not enter not going to risk my life cause someone wants free parts the only time i enter is to reset the alarm and leave.

Yes they do have a "no weapons" policy not allowed to have them on company property but locked in truck is accepable (that and the buisness next door lets me park there so im not on company property) Imagine this though there were 2 employees a few years ago (working for diffrent parts store that i was at time big part of why i left) that were fired when someone tried to rob them with a baseball bat and they "subdued" the robber. True sad story stand up for your self and they lost there job

Not sure of the job market there but I'd find something else.

So your life isn't worth $50.00 to the company, isn't that lovely to know. Plus if they find out you were on their property armed, they'd probably fire ya over it.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal...

Alabama Constitution of 1901 - That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the state.

You're in a tough spot. Rank/Salary has its privileges , so to speak. I guess it's great to be able to vent here, but the bottom line is that this is part of your job...enjoy or find other work.
    Stay armed...stay alert...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    This would not be a problem for me. Alarm company calls me, I call 911 to report the alarm, show up at work an hour later. Until the company trains me to be a SWAT member and arms me like same, it's up to the police to investigate. I'll be waiting outside--one hour later.

As for fines for false alarms, that's up to the company to repair/install a reliable system.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Angry

We do not send only one cop to investigate an alarm. I know the economy is tough but if this company thinks so little of you and your safety start looking for another job because unless you get to a posistion where you can change policy this is your lot in life. I hope when you arrive on scene you notify your local law enforcement agency that you are there investigating an alarm so that you do not have a friendly fire incident one night. Good Luck !
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

I know it is a tough job market and many employers act like that, but you need to be looking for a job that doesn't risk your life--- unless you are into the adrenaline thing.
    Another example of why employment at will should have gone with the horse and buggy.
    This is why jobs should be "at will" instead of unionized.

It will give you more freedom to find an employer with more concern for your safety. If anyone thinks unionization would allow en employee to carry a weapon to work, they are smoking crack as a hobby. Unions are anti-gun and always support the liberal democrats. That sounds like a prescription for anti-gun to me.

Biker

If I were in that position I'd be telling my boss/ the company to go pound dirt til they get to china and find another job. I can definitely understand why you may be hesitant to do so tho with the current economic situation and you may not want to or be willing to give up your seniority.

I wish you the best of luck in getting this ridiculous policy changed or finding a safer and closer job.

-Q

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    Are you forbidden from contacting the police at all? Check the perimeter and if all secure go home. If a door/window is open call the pros.
    NRA Life Member

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links