6 Scenarios.... What would you do?

This is a discussion on 6 Scenarios.... What would you do? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Scenario #1: You are walking to your car in a parking garage late at night. You notice a man moving along the shadows to your ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6 Scenarios.... What would you do?

Question 6 Scenarios.... What would you do?

Scenario #1: You are walking to your car in a parking garage late at night. You notice a man moving along the shadows to your left and another man approaching you from the right. You increase the pace of your walking to try to reach your car before they reach you, but you soon realize there is no way you will make it to your car in time to get in, lock the doors, and drive away. What would you do?

Scenario #2: You are driving your car through an intersection when another car runs a stoplight and crashes into your vehicle, disabling it. The other driver, clearly drunk and now outraged, exits his vehicle and approaches you and your children in a threatening manner. What would you do?

Scenario #3: You and your date are leaving a nice restaurant at night when you are confronted by three men demanding your money or your life. What would you do?

Scenario #4: You are driving home with your wife and daughter on a lightly traveled country road when your car breaks down. Cell phone coverage is spotty at best and you are having a difficult time getting a signal. After 20 minutes, a car drives by, turns around and pulls in behind you. Four males exit the vehicle, approach your car and ask you to roll the window down. You roll the window down just enough to hear what they are saying and they are suggesting you get out of the car and they will help you. What would you do?

Scenario #5: You awake to the sound of breaking glass downstairs. You immediately call 911. While on the phone with the 911 dispatcher you hear your daughter scream. What would you do?

Scenario #6: A major earthquake (or other natural catastrophe) strikes your state creating such a strain on local police, fire and medical services that gangs of hoodlums are free to roam the city looting, raping, and robbing. You have locked yourself in your home. Suddenly, several windows are smashed and your back door is kicked in. What would you do?

EXSOLDIER'S NOTE: I got these from a link on FACEBOOK. I didn't make them up. I solved each one with just about one or two sentences. How about you?
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    Scenario #1: You are walking to your car in a parking garage late at night. You notice a man moving along the shadows to your left and another man approaching you from the right. You increase the pace of your walking to try to reach your car before they reach you, but you soon realize there is no way you will make it to your car in time to get in, lock the doors, and drive away. What would you do?

Move between two cars, or get my back to a wall, place and on weapon and look at both of them. I tend to smile when I get nervous, so I may smile at them. What happens after that is dependant upon their actions.

Scenario #2: You are driving your car through an intersection when another car runs a stoplight and crashes into your vehicle, disabling it. The other driver, clearly drunk and now outraged, exits his vehicle and approaches you and your children in a threatening manner. What would you do?

Car doors are locked. I will crack the window so that he can hear me tell him that I am calling the police. I will then ask him if he needs an ambulance. My gun is accessable, but hidden from view at this point.

Scenario #3: You and your date are leaving a nice restaurant at night when you are confronted by three men demanding your money or your life. What would you do?

Three on one and making demands or they take my life? Step away from date and shoot the one closest to date. Then I will serve helpings to any that remain.

Scenario #4: You are driving home with your wife and daughter on a lightly traveled country road when your car breaks down. Cell phone coverage is spotty at best and you are having a difficult time getting a signal. After 20 minutes, a car drives by, turns around and pulls in behind you. Four males exit the vehicle, approach your car and ask you to roll the window down. You roll the window down just enough to hear what they are saying and they are suggesting you get out of the car and they will help you. What would you do?

I would already be out of the car working on it. Since this is not a valid scenario for me I will forego answering this question.

Scenario #5: You awake to the sound of breaking glass downstairs. You immediately call 911. While on the phone with the 911 dispatcher you hear your daughter scream. What would you do?

Gun and flashlight. I first make sure spouse is on the phone with 911 giving location and that intuders are in the house. Wife will inform 911 that homeowner is armed and is going to rescue daughter. she will be barricaded in safe room.

Scenario #6: A major earthquake (or other natural catastrophe) strikes your state creating such a strain on local police, fire and medical services that gangs of hoodlums are free to roam the city looting, raping, and robbing. You have locked yourself in your home. Suddenly, several windows are smashed and your back door is kicked in. What would you do?

Fire at will. Once you have broken the defenses of my castle you are bought and paid for.

EXSOLDIER'S NOTE: I got these from a link on FACEBOOK. I didn't make them up. I solved each one with just about one or two sentences. How about you?
    I wonder how my answers compared to your's.

Biker

BikerRN: Great minds think alike. My answers tracked almost exactly as yours did. The sole exception is with #2. I won't be caught and trapped into a space where my range of motion is so constrained and I'm sitting in what could be possibly a killing box. If my car is disabled and I'm NOT, then I will immediately dismount and seek cover to continue the conversation from that point. Same goes with situation #4: I'm not terribly mechanically inclined. So if it's more than a flat tire then I'm pretty much stuck. Yet I won't just wait in the vehicle. If I'm in a hilly or mountainous area, I might head for higher ground to see if I can get a cell signal. If the weather is decent and the girls are properly dressed, they might accompany me. If they need to stay in the vehicle for any reason, I'm still outside as security and trying to figure my options. My wife will also have access to a backup firearm, always. That way, if I'm out of the fight, she and our daughter still have a fighting chance. All the other scenarios your answers and mine tracked perfectly with slightly different verbiage. LOL
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Change my direction to see if they are Really following me and make sure I am not wrong. if they follow me after my change in direction I may turn and confront them.

As long as the integrity of my cabin is intact...I'll stay inside.... and dial 911...and be ready to draw if he breaches

I'd have my other half get behind me and If the three men are not armed i'd throw them my wallet... if ONE of them is armed I will step back while taking out my wallet...and I may or may not draw depending on circumstances...

Say no thank you, help is on the way...if they leave I will get out of my car and walk to a non "spotty" area and make a call. If they refuse to leave then their intentions are not so pure...

grab my sidearm and go...this is no time to think.

barricade myself in...kill all who invade
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

[QUOTE=ExSoldier;1765279]Scenario #1: You are walking to your car in a parking garage late at night. You notice a man moving along the shadows to your left and another man approaching you from the right. You increase the pace of your walking to try to reach your car before they reach you, but you soon realize there is no way you will make it to your car in time to get in, lock the doors, and drive away. What would you do?

If they are on the same level as me (directly to my left and right) I will turn and do a 180, heading back towards where I came from (stairs/ elevator). look back to see if they follow. If they do I will know they are a threat and not just walking to their own cars. If they follow I will be a few steps ahead of them at this point. Move between 2 cars and the wall, and I will probably draw my gun but keep it low ready, if they walk by they pose life threat. I will eliminate, and if for some crazy coincidence they turn around and are not a threat they will not notice me between the cars with my gun

If it is safe to stay in the car I will while dialing 911. if he tries to physically assault me while I am inside my car I will hope over the center console, out the passenger door and try to talk him down. if he continues and I can not escape, I will use fists, then my knife, then my gun to end it at whatever means are necessary.

Already have my gun when I hear the glass breaking from the nightstand. I will advise my girlfriend to grab the shotgun from closet and watch the door, and keep it locked unless I give her the password. I will move to my daughter. too many possibilities from here

Hold up in house. XD on hip, AR in hand with ten 30 round mags loaded up, Girlfriend with shotgun and pistol too. Move too 2nd floor. First floor has too many window/doors to get surrounded Watch stairs with AR. Put GF on stair cover while I check outside the windows checking the yard to see the situation. If its a mob coming I will start dropping every one of them. Most likely the unorganized group will flee when they see a few of their buddies die.

cmb
    I would try to locate a place where it forces them to come at me from the same direction and change my direction observing their action... next action depends upon them...
    I would be on the phone with 911 asap and be accessing my weapon but keeping it out of sight unless the situation escalated.
    retreat to the restaurant, backing up so as not to turn my back and put my "date" behind me and since a demand has been made probably go for my gun, depending on the demanor of the attackers I may offer my wallet but throw it giving enough distraction to draw...

I would probably be out of my car since I drive said roads daily, it would depend upon my initial assesment of the persons after that...
    I have no downstairs... glass breaking is a grap the gun and protect the kids noise, wife grabs her gun and calls 911
    shoot!

Here we go...

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    No one can ever agree on any one scenerio--and you list six? Man!
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I'd stay off facebook, you're just looking for trouble there.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

scenario #1 though #6:

BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    I'd stay off facebook, you're just looking for trouble there.
    I happen to like facebook
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    In all of these, I would just call Obama to come and save me. What's so complicated about that?

"I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Man I'd be in trouble in those scenarios because eventually the wife is going to find out about the girlfriend then you are really in trouble and you better hope the BG kills you.

RKM

-IF I really feel it's a threat, I'd probably put my hand on my gun so then can see, but not draw until I know their true intentions, depending on how quickly they're approaching. If I'm 100% sure they're going to attack, I'd probably face them and draw and tell them to back off.

-Play dead...... :) Hahaha I'd keep all the doors shut and locked and call the Police

-I'd hand over my wife, like that Bridgestone commercial, haha. Kidding, I don't have a wife. I'd TRY to get away first, maybe go back into the restaurant, but if my life was seriously threatened, if they had a weapon, I'd draw

-Oooo, tough. Who knows, they could be legit. I'd tell them I already dial 911 (whether it's the truth or not) and check they're reaction. If they're scared off, good. If not, they may be good people. There are still some good people out there :)

-I'd run to my daughter (grabbing my gun if close by or I can in time) leaving 911 online to record all that's happening

-Call 911. But with the circumstances, it may do NO good. I'd still try. I'd grab my most effective and intimidating weapon, my 12 gauge Mossberg 500. Looks pretty badass with the vertical front grip and 5 shell holder on the stock. It doesn't hurt them any worse with my tacticool goodies, but in they're eyes.... I'm not going to look very friendly. Hopefully they'd leave and NOT come back with stolen AK's.

I'm only typing this here because it told me my message was too short. Probably because I responded inside the quote.

Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    I happen to like facebook
    Me, too. It's the only way I can keep up with my ultra liberal family without an argument starting over trivial stuff.

1.. I either turn around and retreat to a escape exit with a natural movement, or change my direction to position myself in a defense location, and to get my targets to commit themselves that I'M actually THEIR TARGET.

2.. Start by calling 911, then exit the car and moving oblique to your target, make you target focus on you and away from your family's position and giving 911 responders time to arrive.

3... A simple answer to a short question without a ton of variables... My Money Or My Life... my money wins every-time. There's a whole bunch of variables that can make me take action other than giving up my money, which the question does not address.

4... This is where your SENSE OF FEEL comes into to play, but this situation goes either very good or very bad... if you stay in your car and allow them to approach your window, i would have my weapon on my lap.

5... grab my weapon and advance toward the scream/room... fast and tactically... meaning listening for sound... voice/movement

6... At this point you and your household should be in battle conditions and prepared to take action. you should be on the top floor observing your outside surroundings/perimeter, or your first floor, depending on your house's layout. Try to confront your targets before they enter the house if possible, but have a defensive position to retreat too if needed.

Non-comprehensive questions are inefficient for creating comprehensive answers, but fun at face value, and allowing a more detail answer to the above situations through discussion. As a starting point these situations are pretty good with many variables. Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links