Defensive Carry banner

Jeff Cooper Quote.....

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  G-man* 
#1 ·
So appropriate for the times we are living in today.

"Any man who is a man may not, in honor, submit to
threats of violence. But many men who are not cowards
are simply unprepared for acts of human savagery. They
have not thought about it (incredible as this may
appear to anyone who reads the papers or listens to
the news)and they just don't know what to do. When
they look right into the face of depravity and
violence they are astonished and confounded"

Jeff Cooper

#4 ·
"Hell,I was there". "The rifle is the Queen of the battle". "Goblins should neither be feared, or revered by citizens in good standing. They should be smashed".

#5 ·
Often, man will not entertain thoughts or images of the savagery of his fellow man. If he does, it quickly becomes clear that to ward off or defeat such savagery, may require an equal level of savagery that he would prefer to believe himself incapable of.

#6 ·
Alot of Cooper's teachings or ideas should be common place for those that believe themselves to be defensive minded. I've never read his books, I just Googled him....I was amazed. I was raised by someone pretty similar to Cooper, in terms of his beliefs and ideas.

#7 ·
Keith, Cooper, Skelton and Conner were my real life childhood heroes. While everyone else my age were reading Hardy Boys mystery novels, I was reading everything they wrote. I guess that's why I never really fit in with alot of people. I am weird, I turned down a trip to Disney world to go squirrel hunting with my grandfather. I am a dinosauar of the times today, but I think I am in good company:)

#8 ·
:yup:

And I am sure you have also read Jordan. No Second Place Winner was the first tactics book I read after the academy in 1968. A Jordan holster and twelve in loops infront on the strong side with cuffs and a 24" cocoboa nightstick was my duty rig then. It wasn't until I moved to Florida in the mid 70's that the department I went with allowed me to carry my S&W Model 19 on duty. The times have changed but truth remains the same. From one T-Rex to another stay safe bro.

#9 ·
How could I have forgotten Bill? Father of the model 19. I carried a 19 up until 1998. How times have changed! A Sam Brown belt, Safariland holster and two 6 round speed loaders with 125 grain jhp, cuff case, nightstick, I was ready for anything, and felt adequately armed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.