Changing locks on foreclosed occupied houses. - Page 3

Changing locks on foreclosed occupied houses.

This is a discussion on Changing locks on foreclosed occupied houses. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ctsketch I hate that I have a 7 year mark on my credit due to a mortagers error and the freaking credit ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Changing locks on foreclosed occupied houses.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    I hate that I have a 7 year mark on my credit due to a mortagers error and the freaking credit reporters and court sided with the bank
    Just curious, but since details are off topic-probably-- send me a pm. I can't help you but I can offer sympathy.

Companies try to get complex but routine tasks done with the fewest number of people hired at the lowest price. Sometimes it backfires. Sometimes the "mistakes" are part of concerted deception. This is the wrong forum for what I have to say on this issue, particularly where the deceptive practices involve medical and dental billing. Business and ethics these days are mutually exclusive terms.

Seems that this lady just called the cops when it happened to her, while she was home. This will not end well for somebody.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/10/08...yments/?hpt=T2
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    maybe i'm missing something but are you trying to say they just break in...period?...i find it hard to believe anyone would approach an occupied home to change the locks and risk being shot without knocking on the door....ringing the doorbell and making sure they arent walking into a war zone...is part of the story getting missed here to turn it into a self defense scenario?...

would there even be a point of changing the locks on a house if somebody is inside of it?...

would you as a locksmith approach a home and just start working on the locks without checking to see if someone is home first?...i think a little common sense goes a long way here before it turns into a complete overeaction to the story....

VIP Member
    In a castle doctrine state a man doing that job should have: a) a really high salary; b) a change of underwear quickly available; c) lots of life insurance.

VIP Member
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIGP250 View Post
    All time best link from DC. A must watch.

If you are living in a foreclosed home (previously yours or someone else's) you are already breaking the law.

Shooting someone or even brandishing in that home sounds like a trip to a new home for the gun owner.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

I think that would depend on the legality of the foreclosure. Either in the link I provided or a tv news article on the same subject, one man was foreclosed on. The only problem was that he paid cash for his house and never had a mortgage in the first place.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 9MMare View Post
    If you are living in a foreclosed home (previously yours or someone else's) you are already breaking the law.

Shooting someone or even brandishing in that home sounds like a trip to a new home for the gun owner.
    Bear in mind, in neither of these cases was there a foreclosure completed in court. In one of them, there was never even a foreclosure suit filed in court.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

VIP Member
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIGP250 View Post
    Yes, and that tells you we aren't discussing isolated "mistakes." We are discussing systematic violations of the law.

Senior Moderator
    I was reading someplace that some of these banks, having bought 4th and 5th hand mortgage notes, are having problems because they cannot locate the original mortgage contracts.

It's kind of hard to sue for breach of contract when you don't have the contract.....
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MattInFla View Post
    I was reading someplace that some of these banks, having bought 4th and 5th hand mortgage notes, are having problems because they cannot locate the original mortgage contracts.

It's kind of hard to sue for breach of contract when you don't have the contract.....
    Yes, I read a similar article. Not all the banks stopped forecloses voluntarily. Some were stopped by injunctions. Some Judge's have told the banks to find the missing paperwork.
    - Zen Saying

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Yes, and that tells you we aren't discussing isolated "mistakes." We are discussing systematic violations of the law.
    You know it. This is just another mult-billion dollar banking problem that may hurt home sales while the mess is untangled.
    - Zen Saying

Quote Originally Posted by 9MMare View Post
    News to me...and to many of my clients.

The fact that ownership of the dwelling has changed does not automatically terminate the person's right to occupy the dwelling in all states.

Also, if the home is a rental, the tenant may not have notice of the foreclosure, as they are not a party at interest in the foreclosure case.

The bank may wish to take possession; however, they need to remove the tenant by way of eviction through court - not self help.

If someone simply breaks in, even at the behest of the owner, they expose themselves to criminal, civil and "tenant" sanctions.

The eviction/repo game isn't for the dumb.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links