How and where do you park your car.

This is a discussion on How and where do you park your car. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I try to park in such a way that I can pull forward as well as back out. I try to ensure that I have ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How and where do you park your car.

I try to park in such a way that I can pull forward as well as back out. I try to ensure that I have a clear view of my vehicle as I both leave and approach it. I also try to park under or near a light, and I try not to park right next to another vehicle. If I have to park right next to another vehicle, then I try to park next to a high-end sedan (I figure they care about their car at least as much as I do and would be careful as they open their doors, pull out of their spot and so on).

I prefer parking a bit further out as well as it's less crowded.
    The first rule of self-defense is to avoid the situation. The second rule is Train and Prepare.

2. Remove Ads

I park pretty much where I want to park. Don't bother to lock the doors and usually leave the window(s) open or the top down.
    So, I do have to look inside when approaching the Jeep and before entering it. If anyone is hiding on the other side, I have a good shot at their feet and I don't worry about dings in the doors (when they're on). The rock guards usually prevent that!

Certified Glock Armorer

When I had my Crew Cab I always backed in as it was easier than backing out later.
    Other than that I take one trip down an aisle to the front of the store, If I see a space I take it. If not, I just go up the next aisle to the first available space and park their.
    I do not believe there is any "safer" space in the lot.

Sled

It makes me sick thinking of backing over someone.It splatters on my clean truck!
    Screw backing up until its last ditch.If someone messes with me in a parking lot,they have 3 options.Leaving,being shot,getting their arm broke off.My only parking spot preference is somewhere with light.I can back up just as well as i can go forward,not worried about that.

It's unfortunate that a lot of people refuse to put their carts in the corrals, opting to leave them next to your car or in a position that causes them to roll into a car. There is a Kmart I shop at and the parking lot is a downhill grade, so the further away you park the more steam a rogue cart picks up before it nails your car. I use a different strategy there and end up parking at the fabric store next door (no carts) to protect my car and maintain high SA to protect myself during the longer walk.
    When asked if the fans that ran on the field naked were men or women, Yogi replied "I don't know, they had bags over their heads."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links