Dirty

This is a discussion on Dirty within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Do not get involved. Leave the area and call the local media and inform them of what you're seeing....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dirty

Do not get involved. Leave the area and call the local media and inform them of what you're seeing.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

2. Remove Ads

Fairly recently police in Denver, CO were caught on video beating one or two men. Caused a big stink in the news. Under investigation, I imagine they will get away with it. The scenario is not totally out there.

Oh yea, cell phones can record video. Record several seconds, call 911 , go somewhere safe.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    This thread is so far fetched and off the sphere that unless the OP intends to make some sort of real-world point real soon...the thread is going to get locked down for being totally Stuck On Stupid.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

IF and its a big IF the details in the OP were legit, I would not be calling 911, you just might cause your own beat down. I would be calling DOJ.
    Last edited by Guantes; October 11th, 2010 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Typo correction

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    911 and state police...and thank baby jezuz for it not being me getting the crap beat out of me....

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    I would pull out my CCW sash, throw it over my shoulder and run in there screaming, CITIZENS ARREST...CITIZENS ARREST!!!

INccwchris, I think you are spending WAY too much time alone in your security patrol car. This scenario was a little far fetched!
    Proud NRA member

Rodney King wouldn't have thought it was so far fetched...

"Dirty" cops... well, that's a stretch... that many of 'em in one group? Nope prolly not... I have seen a patrol car team be "overzealous" in the detention and arrest of a drunk driver... since I witnessed the whole thing from start to fnish, it happened on the pump drive of a gas station I was running... right in front of me... the DUI charges disappeared...

As to the OP, I think I'd call the 4th estate... let them get "live action news" on the scene... and didi... NOW
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    recent event in Indianapolis, local cops beat down a 15 year old boy for verbally sticking up for his brother, cops beat him to a pulp, slightly different than the posed story, but that was just a little twist of it being a couple instead of a kid. Also, do not forget the Rodney King beatings

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/local...e-beating-case

FBI reviewing Indy police beating case
    Updated: Wednesday, 02 Jun 2010, 5:20 PM EDT
    Published : Wednesday, 02 Jun 2010, 1:53 PM EDT

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - Federal authorities said Wednesday they are reviewing a 15-year-old boy's claim that Indianapolis police beat him so badly that one of his eyes swelled shut, one day after black community leaders called for a civil rights investigation.

"The facts are being reviewed by the FBI, the U.S. attorney's office for the Southern District of Indiana and the Department of Justice to determine if an investigation is warranted," said Supervisory Special Agent Drew Northern, an FBI spokesman.

Marion County Prosecutor Carl Brizzi said Tuesday he had begun a criminal investigation into the May 16 incident, and police are conducting their own internal investigation.

But a state legislator and other black leaders said Tuesday that wasn't enough, and an outside investigation would help ease racial tension. They said they would ask the Justice Department's civil rights division to investigate the incident.

"It will help calm a volatile situation like this as we move into the summer," said state Rep. Bill Crawford, D-Indianapolis.

The teen, who is black, alleges that white officers kneed him, kicked him and punched him when he tried to comfort his younger brother, who he said was being wrongly arrested on a burglary charge. The teen's face was bruised so badly that his left eye swelled shut.

Police said they were called by neighbors who reported seeing the younger boy trying to break into a vacant house. Police said the 15-year-old interfered in the arrest and tried to incite a crowd against the officers.
    "The kid getting beat is a bad thing. I have a son and I don't want to see that happen to him," said Greg Sparks, who lives in the eastside neighborhood where the incident occurred. "But if you are in the wrong ... and a cop asks you to stand back, you are supposed to stand back."

The 15-year-old was arrested on a preliminary charge of disorderly conduct, but prosecutors have not yet filed formal charges. A hearing was set for Thursday in juvenile court.

"Everything's still being reviewed at this point," said Brizzi spokeswoman Susan Decker.

The four arresting officers have been placed on administrative duty pending an internal investigation. Police Chief Paul Ciesielski promised the probe would be fair and complete.

"If the officers were wrong, we will deal with that. If they were right and no policies were violated, then we will put them back to work," he said.

Brizzi said he would try to determine whether the officers used excessive force or broke the law. Brizzi said he has met with internal affairs investigators and reviewed witness statements they had collected.

Elder Lionel Rush, a member of the Concerned Clergy, said the black community would be more likely to accept the results of an independent investigation.

"Whatever the Justice Department says, the community will live with it," he said.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I was thinking drive back across the border also.
    No way am I'm getting involved with something like that. 911 and hope for the best. My cell phone is just that, a phone. None of that video/camera crap. Reporting squad car numbers, etc. is about as close as I want to get.

And many LEOs do exhibit"bad behavior" from time to time. I often see episodes on "COPS" that leave me wondering why a LEO isn't also charged.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I'd be changing the channel on the TV.

That's what I would do. It sounds like a bad television show with very little basis in reality. If real I'd be talking with the U.S. Attorney's Office.

Say what you will, I don't believe that the Rodney King incident was what it was made out to be. The only reason the POS, Rodney King, got any attention at all, was because somebody videotaped it. Otherwise he would've got what was coming to him and that would've been the end of the story.

Biker

VIP Member
    This is what happens when you steal police donuts

http://vodpod.com/watch/2155803-this...r77&c=mentor77

Edit: This was investigated. Police were were found to be 100% justified. 3 scumbags went to jail, good!
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

VIP Member
    Not saying who was right or wrong but gotta love this statement from a witness.

"But if you are in the wrong ... and a cop asks you to stand back, you are supposed to stand back."
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

IBTL....

Take out CCW badge...put on chain around neck

Put on CCW sash

Call 911....put on Bluetooth headset

Start digital recorder

"tactically" walk up...using cover and concealment....

Use camera function on iPhone...upload to Facebook

Announce "citizens arrest" and start collecting badge numbers....

Seriously??

You're kinda making assumptions that you know information that you CANNOT know as you are driving by...
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    Also, do not forget the Rodney King beatings.
    And tell me, what exactly do you KNOW about the Rodney King beating??? I bet what you KNOW is exactly what you saw on TV, right?

Do you KNOW that the original video is close to two minutes long?
    Do you KNOW that the TV news media chose to air only something like 22 seconds of that video?
    Do you KNOW that the LAPD officers involved acted in accordance with their escalation of force training?
    Do you KNOW that Rodney King's actions toward police officers could have had him SHOT with complete justification?

And lastly, contemplate the fact that Rodney King could have avoided all injury if he had simply complied with police commands.

You picked the wrong case to illustrate whatever point you were trying to make.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Personally, I think that the Rodney King incident was a case of poor tactics, no more. As I understand it the concern was King attempting a Folsom Roll, which is easily circumvented with a dog pile or other measures, which there were sufficient officers there to accomplish.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links