Dirty - Page 3

Dirty

This is a discussion on Dirty within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Also, do not forget the Rodney King beatings You have an amazing memory INccwchris, The Rodney King incident took place in 1991, 19 years ago. ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dirty

VIP Member
    Also, do not forget the Rodney King beatings
    You have an amazing memory INccwchris, The Rodney King incident took place in 1991, 19 years ago.
    You are what, 19? That would have made you 0 at the time.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

While I was one to bring up Rodney King... And I am old enough to remember it... We know that King was a recidivist, and in all truth probably got off lightly that night as already mentioned. As to tactically correct handling of that incident, I can certainly understand that in the heat of the moment, even the most well trained LE can make tactical mistakes.

I have also witnessed inappropriate force being used against a suspect by police... It happens...I will even give the police the benefit of the doubt most times.

Sure, in big cities, and small, there are opportunities for LE to be corrupt. It's probably rarer today that it was years ago... but back when I was younger, some of the best parties were thrown by people in the criminal justice system (on the good side) with substances obtained in encouters with misdemeanor offenders and LEOs were in attendance and partaking.

Unfortunately for LE... any deviation from perfect behavior, makes them "dirty" "corrupt" or otherwise "bad."

And, Gasmitty... the King thing may have been "edited for prime time" but we all know that there are other exceptions to exemplary behavior that prove the rule... most times the bad ones get caught, eventually.

SO back to the OP... yep, it could happen... I would not be able to personally intervene without too great a risk... this is a job for the press... Most lkely I don't have a DA, or state cop's number on speed dial... But most of the news outlets around here have a "*9 or #222 on your ______cellular phone breaking news hotline" to call...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Call 911 and take video, be a good witness etc. Your permit doesn't make you a super hero and the last guys I want to take on are a bunch of highly trained dirty cops. (nothing against honest LEOs)

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    Sigguy, While normally it isnt possible to distinguish the difference in a mugging or someone defending theirselves while driving by, if stopped, it is pretty easy to tell the difference between a resisiting subject and a person just being beaten, especially considering that many people on here have some of the same training as LEO's because of their jobs or past careers. Even the average citizen can tell a difference between wrestling someone to the ground and just an absolute beat down. And as to the Rodney King comment, we had this thing in school called history and social events class, it was one of the topics mentioned. And I agree that the police were justified in their original actions but they went too far in the heat of the moment. So don't think I am ignorant of an issue just because of my age. Personally, if i saw this, i would be afraid to even dial 911 because they might just say well theres police there handling it and hang up the phone
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

IBTL!

Bail out of the situation and never look back. Questions to ask yourself.
    1) What is the likelihood that this big gang of dirty cops picked these people at random as opposed to these people tried to screw them on some kind of a deal?
    2) What are the odds that every single cop in their organization is there participating in the beat down?
    3) What are the odds that every single person in their organization will be identified, located and incarcerated before they identify you?
    4) If they identify you, what do you think the life expectancy is now for you and your family?
    Last edited by mcp1810; October 11th, 2010 at 08:26 PM. Reason: spelling
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    "Dirty" cops... well, that's a stretch... that many of 'em in one group? Nope prolly not...
    New Orleans - Katrina - Ring a bell? While the whole force was not dirty, they sure had more than their fair share, some of whom will spend the rest of their lives in jail for murder. Sure, most cops are legit, but there are exceptions just like in any profession.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

anyone that thinks this is a far stretch scenario should watch this video..http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=54162036

Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

Why is it these things never happen to upstanding citizens? It is incidents like this that make LE look bad, when blown out of porportion and viewed by people who do not understand a force continueum. Stay down means just that. You try to get up or alter your position and your gonna get whacked. These are the type of people who would take your belongings, rape your wife and daughter in front of you and laugh during a pretrial hearing knowing they will accept a plea deal and be out in 5 years. When you are around these people everyday, and hear them Bragg about their crimes, and taking no responsibilties for their actions, that things aren't fair for the law abiding citizen. They survive and thrive only because of the protection the law affords THEM. When they commit acts of violence against citizens, rape and murder, I am sworn to protect them and see they make it to trial. So don't think these people are upstanding citizens getting mistreated by LE. If you have ever dealt with them you would understand they live by a completely different set of codes and thought process, and sometimes physical force is all they understand. They initiate the action thru noncompliance and then cry foul when they get what's coming to them.

Cell phone video time.
    The real question is, who will pay the most money for it?

Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    Sigguy, While normally it isnt possible to distinguish the difference in a mugging or someone defending theirselves while driving by, if stopped, it is pretty easy to tell the difference between a resisiting subject and a person just being beaten, especially considering that many people on here have some of the same training as LEO's because of their jobs or past careers. Even the average citizen can tell a difference between wrestling someone to the ground and just an absolute beat down. And as to the Rodney King comment, we had this thing in school called history and social events class, it was one of the topics mentioned. And I agree that the police were justified in their original actions but they went too far in the heat of the moment. So don't think I am ignorant of an issue just because of my age. Personally, if i saw this, i would be afraid to even dial 911 because they might just say well theres police there handling it and hang up the phone
    Or it could be thugs pretending to be police....either way I'd call 911, report it and hang up.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Why is it these things never happen to upstanding citizens? It is incidents like this that make LE look bad, when blown out of porportion and viewed by people who do not understand a force continueum. Stay down means just that. You try to get up or alter your position and your gonna get whacked. These are the type of people who would take your belongings, rape your wife and daughter in front of you and laugh during a pretrial hearing knowing they will accept a plea deal and be out in 5 years. When you are around these people everyday, and hear them Bragg about their crimes, and taking no responsibilties for their actions, that things aren't fair for the law abiding citizen. They survive and thrive only because of the protection the law affords THEM. When they commit acts of violence against citizens, rape and murder, I am sworn to protect them and see they make it to trial. So don't think these people are upstanding citizens getting mistreated by LE. If you have ever dealt with them you would understand they live by a completely different set of codes and thought process, and sometimes physical force is all they understand. They initiate the action thru noncompliance and then cry foul when they get what's coming to them.
    glockman, as far as I am concerned you are right on the mark. Convicts or future convicts don't have the same value system that most people have. They view life, reward, punishment among many other things completely differently than we do. The problem I see is that most people on a jury have never dealt with that personality.
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    I would turn off my Grand Theft Auto game

I'd shoot the cops, center of mass, and run like the wind.... but that is just me, and I hate dirty cops with a passion.

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    I'd be changing the channel on the TV.

That's what I would do. It sounds like a bad television show with very little basis in reality. If real I'd be talking with the U.S. Attorney's Office.

Say what you will, I don't believe that the Rodney King incident was what it was made out to be. The only reason the POS, Rodney King, got any attention at all, was because somebody videotaped it. Otherwise he would've got what was coming to him and that would've been the end of the story.

Biker
    Or there are really crooked cops out there. I dont mean to be anti cop, but we have to face it, there are quite a few dirty ones. What I dont get is if a cop beats a citizen and the citizen tries to protect him/herself, it is a crime, yet it is not a crime for the cop to beat the person, well, it is but one that is rarely prosecuted.

To the OP, I may video it with my camera, send it off to my local news really fast before they can grab my phone, otherwise, I am making a call to the USDOJ and that is it. No way am I pulling a gun on cops, it is a sure way to ensure your non-existance on this earth.
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links