Dirty

This is a discussion on Dirty within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by renegade01 I'd shoot the cops, center of mass, and run like the wind.... but that is just me, and I hate dirty ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Dirty

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by renegade01 View Post
    I'd shoot the cops, center of mass, and run like the wind.... but that is just me, and I hate dirty cops with a passion.
    May your really stupid statement, one that will remain locked into the internet forever, never come back to haunt you. DO you have any idea of how many e-mails, chatroom or Facebook comments, and the like have ended up being used against the initiator? Why not just make a video of you saying it and post it on Youtube? It would save the cops about 2 minutes in identifying you.

Dumb, dumb, dumb!
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    "Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see"

My Father

Coming up on this type of situation you have no idea whats what or whos who, one must be very careful in this type of situation. As mentioned it could be thugs impersonating cops, could be this guy getting beat has a knife and won't give it up, maybe this "bg" just left one of the officers home and he has suspected his wife of cheating (not that he is justified) you jsut never know

So that we're speaking of the same thing, the OP question was:

This is obviously not a pair of resisting criminals and is just two people getting a beat down and getting beaten to a pulp by a gang of dirty cops ...

but on a real note, If I saw two "dirty cops" beating the life out of a man for no particular reason, you are damned right I would put the threat down...
    I'd shoot the cops, center of mass, and run like the wind...
    Which is itself a felony criminal act.

Let's take the official capacity out of it. No cops, uniforms, patrol cars, no presumed "tyranny" or any of the emotional crap that's polluting this real question. Let's just take one person beating on another, seen mid-stream and in passing just as in the OP's basic scenario.

How, exactly, would a passer-by know (not guess, but know) that the beating on the other person was "for no particular reason," illegal and therefore justifying the use of deadly force against the one "still standing"?

Even in the tape of Rodney King being knocked on clearly showed continued attempts to get up. There are many good and honorable people who weren't certain the video showed what the captions almost always claimed it showed.

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyColby View Post
    "Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see"

My Father

Coming up on this type of situation you have no idea whats what or whos who, one must be very careful in this type of situation.
    It's almost certainly police. But still, the point is extremely important for all of us to understand. Seeing several people "beating" a couple people, even if those several are in uniform, doesn't automatically mean the physicality is unjustified. And I'm not speaking of illegal retaliation, but legitimate use of force to stop a strong and violently non-compliant suspect from resisting arrest.

Yes, there are incidents of criminal beating of others. Yes, there are cops that go too far. Yes, some of these situations are captured on video. But unless the video has audio as well, and unless it captures all the contact from the beginning through to the point of the passer-by seeing things, it can be hard to know what's what and whether it's justified.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

i wonder how many people saw this very scenario play out in 1930 with the German police or in the 1770's with the red coats

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Why is it these things never happen to upstanding citizens? It is incidents like this that make LE look bad, when blown out of porportion and viewed by people who do not understand a force continueum. Stay down means just that. You try to get up or alter your position and your gonna get whacked.
    We all know about the chemical dump that bombards our physiology in such moments. It's assaulting the upstanding citizen's eyes, ears and understanding during such moments, as well. We all also know how darned fast and loud the commands are issued by excited and possibly angry officers who have started to act strongly in a situation. Take-downs can be extremely fast-moving affairs. Beyond which, most upstanding people think honorably and it doesn't really occur to them that they're being seen as dangerous felon type people who warrant a hard take-down. And so, it's not that uncommon for upstanding people to not quite get it and to attempt reasonable discussion and resolution, which simply doesn't work in such heated cuff-and-stuff situations.

In short, it's naive to believe that every person hears and understands every word the moment it's uttered to the point "an honest person" can readily comply to avoid any unreasonable need for force beyond that required to cuff a person.

What we get is misunderstanding ... on all sides (the "upstanding" suspect, the officers, and bystanders). The full and complete truth is often quite different than the simple testimony of one specific person from one perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by heyrakes View Post
    i wonder how many people saw this very scenario play out in 1930 with the German police or in the 1770's with the red coats
    Probably tens of thousands, at the very least.

Among others, the book They Thought They Were Free: The Germans 1933-45 talks about this and much else that folks saw in the 1930's prior to tyranny taking over their very lives.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tessa View Post
    Fairly recently police in Denver, CO were caught on video beating one or two men. Caused a big stink in the news. Under investigation, I imagine they will get away with it. The scenario is not totally out there.

Oh yea, cell phones can record video. Record several seconds, call 911 , go somewhere safe.
    Exactly. It's not worth interfering as it's your word against the cops. And cops are pretty devious at covering up their actions and making up a story to make you look like the bad guy. Generally, I respect law enforcement but I don't trust them either. JMHO.

In my state the law says I can shoot a police officer if the officer is clearly stepping out of bounds of law enforcement.

Stupid is as stupid does...and it is stupid to stand idle while another human being is being beaten to death or raped.....but, a coward dies a thousand deaths, so take it to your grave if thats what floats your boat.
    You have a law that says you can shoot a police officer if he "steps out of bounds of law enforcement"?

Show us that law. That's the most retarded thing I've ever read. Congratulations...you win the prize!

Senior Moderator
    This thread is so far fetched and off the sphere that unless the OP intends to make some sort of real-world point real soon...the thread is going to get locked down for being totally Stuck On Stupid.
    This quote which I totally concur with,

coupled with some really dumb statements, get this one locked.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links