Never thought of this before. You go to draw and bystanders chastise you!

This is a discussion on Never thought of this before. You go to draw and bystanders chastise you! within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I think we have other terms if he intentionally injures or kills an innocent third person. The only thing that might be on your side ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Never thought of this before. You go to draw and bystanders chastise you!

I think we have other terms if he intentionally injures or kills an innocent third person.

The only thing that might be on your side in Texas is Penal Code 9.34
    (b) A person is justified in using both force and deadly force against another when and to the degree he reasonably believes the force or deadly force is immediately necessary to preserve the other's life in an emergency.
    But if you kill the guy it probably isn't going to be easy to show how you preserved his life by killing him.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

2. Remove Ads

So i was watching Cops one night.Typical hostage situation,man holding a woman with a knife to her throat.Probably 10 cops in the room talking to the guy.He finally got tired and confused,so he gestured at one cop,taking the knife away from her neck and waving it.A cop standing behind him jumped him.

Same thing i would do.No way am i going to open fire when the hostager is looking my way.Besides,most people wont have their eyes anywhere but nervously on his the attackers weapon.But it seems risky to wait too long before making a move.Say the guy just blew up and started killing everyone.Then im going for broke.

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    I think we have other terms if he intentionally injures or kills an innocent third person.

The only thing that might be on your side in Texas is Penal Code 9.34

But if you kill the guy it probably isn't going to be easy to show how you preserved his life by killing him.
    That section of statute is a whole different scenario than trying to stop a bad guy IMO. My understanding of that statute is if you have to do some harm to someone who is in a life threatening situation. IE car wreck and the car is sinking in a river/lake, and you have to injure the person to get them out to save their life.

In the scenario that the OP posted, if I am in a hostage situation and find the opportunity to stop the bad guy and one of the other hostages gets between me and the bad guy saying no don't shot him, well hopefully they will be too late, but if they are not then they intentionally put themselves in the line of fire to protect a person committing a felony. Their bad not mine.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

They told us in our class that section covered stuff like SWAT snipers disarming suicidal people with a shot or whacking someones arm off with an axe to get them out of a burning building. But as our instructor said there is always someone out there that is going to test the limits of this sort of thing.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links