Dark Parking Lot - How to handle w/ Pics - Page 2

Dark Parking Lot - How to handle w/ Pics

This is a discussion on Dark Parking Lot - How to handle w/ Pics within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Recently, not too far from here on interstate 80... a custodian was killed. Between 7-9 pm. original story The shooter turned himself in to a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dark Parking Lot - How to handle w/ Pics

Recently, not too far from here on interstate 80... a custodian was killed. Between 7-9 pm.
    original story

The shooter turned himself in to a LEO helping another motorist.
    follow up story

This shooting was random, with no readily apparent motive. If it were me, I'd wait until daylight if at all possible. If not, I too would carry a gun "approved" or not. A job is not worth my life. If I couldn't do it in the daylight because of my seniority or the shift I'm on, I'd have as much light as possible.

I deal with truckers every day in my job. Most likely, at night in a rest stop... they're sleeping. It's hard, sometimes very hard, to rouse them from sleep.

Be careful, be safe.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    buy a good headlamp so you can wear it at night and have both hands free
    read my mind...a headlamp can be used to blind anyone approaching you and get a very good look at them at the same time...if they want to approach they need to deal with the light and you have a great advantage...it swinging wildly draws attention in the event you are involved in an altercation...the pepper spray is a great idea...you might want to think about a freon horn on the handle of the cart...if you want to draw attention that will do it and may make anyone not wanting attention flee the area....

Quote Originally Posted by EBC View Post
    I am not suppose to but being that I work alone and in a high risk location i am willing to break that work rule for my own safety and the safety of those around me.
    This sounds like one of those situations like from the Pirates of the Carribean movies: "the code is more of what you call guidelines than actual rules".

Carry a fake wallet with $5 & an expired credit card or two. Leave your valuables & real wallet locked up in your car; by all means, don't carry your keys on you. stash them somewhere you can find them. if someone takes your keys, then he's got your car -- perhaps by fishing with the remote -- and he'll probably have your house keys and your address (i bet most people keep their ins. & registration in the glove box, right?) and, if applicable, your garage door opener.

i have nothing inside my car with my name or address. my registration & insurance are locked in the trunk & i've disabled the interior trunk lever (which obviously doesn't help if someone conks me on the head & get my keys).
    Last edited by Skippys; October 19th, 2010 at 06:50 PM. Reason: typos
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Probably an idiotic question. But can you move these trash cans? If so, I'd sure want to move the one on the left more left so that I wouldn't have to be emptying it in between two trucks. Plus that little bit of tree placement allows for cover once its been safely cleared for potential threats with a surefire light sweep when approaching. Then I could make a wide sweep of the parking lot to stay on the outskirts of the trucks while having that swivel view of your AOR.
    When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend. - US Marine Corps

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links