ending ongoing harassment by showing a weapon. (long) - Page 2

ending ongoing harassment by showing a weapon. (long)

This is a discussion on ending ongoing harassment by showing a weapon. (long) within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In Louisiana, if you had done what you did, the local cops would have turned a blind eye and you would have been applauded. Us ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    In Louisiana, if you had done what you did, the local cops would have turned a blind eye and you would have been applauded. Us Cajuns are self-sufficient and crazy.

I did something similar, but I'm afraid to talk about it for fear of incriminating myself here.
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

I've got really mixed thoughts on this one, for better or worse. If I feel I am being threatened, and talk and actions are escalating and I suddenly feel boxed in, and I can "casually" let them know I am armed... if the confrontation ends without gunfire seems like a winning situation to me. Regardless of the written law. I had this exact thing happen to a friend of mine as he was walking to his car one night. He told me he was approached by several younger males in their twenties who were looking for trouble, he lifted his shirt, no trouble. They backed off and kept going and so did he. This is really considered "brandishing" in a concealed only state?

Oakchas,
    I can understand your concern and actions, legalities notwithstanding. I worked a couple sizeable strikes way back when. They can get very nasty, physical and worse. We even had a few incidents of shots fired. They even tried the nasty, physical part with us a time or two. It worked out very poorly for them in a number of ways.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I've only worked at one place that was union. I was an independent gov't contractor and not an employee.

In the first week I heard two things straight from the union members's mouths that reinforced everything I'd heard about unions:
    1. "They can make me come to work, but they can't make me work."
    2. "We never do anything on Friday that can't be put off until Saturday and Sunday."

Needless to say, cost overruns and failure to meet target deadlines killed the program--and my job as well. Thank you, Teamsters, very much.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Sometimes, well, ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    That's where I'll say you've got to do what's necessary at the time. This ordeal really can't be interpreted by anyone else, and nobody else has the right to tell you whether you were right or wrong. Most of the time, we fly solo and nobody is there to help when needed. Personally, I've seen the 'tag-team' approach in certain situations while on the road. Always raises the hairs on the back of my neck if driving a company vehicle across state lines where I'm not allowed to carry and finding a motel in the middle of the night. IMO....in the future, be more observant, and get out before you get in. Gather pertinent info, and make a statement with the local PD for stalking. Picture phones are good! I wish I'd never found out that one can get into an ambush here on domestic soil. But it's a fact. Over the years, I've seen more of the degradation of humanity as a whole and realize what this means. I'm trying to turn those feelings around and find more good. Every once in a while I'll run across a story like this one that takes me back to that place. That place is still a fact and not some memory. I interact with plenty of good folks on a daily basis while still being aware. This place is my solace whenever I have doubts. Oddly enough, it's one removed from the personal, face-to-face interaction. You're still family to me, and when you take care of yourself however you see fit and come out of a situation alive and well, that makes me feel better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links