OMG. This is 15 minutes from my house

This is a discussion on OMG. This is 15 minutes from my house within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am going to check this out. Probably buy a franchise. I had this idea years ago. Even posted it. Dang. Shoulda done it. Threat ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OMG. This is 15 minutes from my house

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

OMG. This is 15 minutes from my house

I am going to check this out. Probably buy a franchise. I had this idea years ago. Even posted it. Dang. Shoulda done it.

Threat Dynamics Video

Threat Dynamics Web page
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    I am going to check this out. Probably buy a franchise. I had this idea years ago. Even posted it. Dang. Shoulda done it.

Threat Dynamics Video

Threat Dynamics Web page
    It looks like the future for exceptional ranges. I'd franchise if I had he money for sure.

Very interesting. I'd give it a go if I was in the neighborhood.
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

I shot on a very basic thing similar to this back in '97 or '98, but it was a single projector screen, and it didn't shock you if you got hit. This looks way cool. The only drawback I can think of is that I can't figure out a way to simulate recoil on a revolver.
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav View Post
    I shot on a very basic thing similar to this back in '97 or '98, but it was a single projector screen, and it didn't shock you if you got hit. This looks way cool. The only drawback I can think of is that I can't figure out a way to simulate recoil on a revolver.
    Placed in barrel, a simple spring loaded buffer (think miniature AR buffer) could be air powered or electrically powered to reciprocate on each shot producing recoil. The challenge would be getting a heavy enough weight in there to make the recoil realistic.

Administrator
    We use a very similar if not the same system for training. It is pretty neat. The only bad thing is, it becomes more and more like a video game if you spend to much time on it. A for profit "entertainment" venue can do you far more harm than good.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Anyone know the franchise fees and start-up costs?

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Forgive my ignorance,...Would you bring your own weapons and they outfit them with fake recoil stuff or?

Quote Originally Posted by Hkchris View Post
    Anyone know the franchise fees and start-up costs?

The old saying... "if you have to ask... you prolly can't afford it."

Forgive my ignorance,...Would you bring your own weapons and they outfit them with fake recoil stuff or?
    my guess is with the lasers, and the Co2 cartridges in each weapon, they provide the weapons.

We use a very similar if not the same system for training. It is pretty neat. The only bad thing is, it becomes more and more like a video game if you spend to much time on it. A for profit "entertainment" venue can do you far more harm than good.
    And, I would agree. As an adjunct to FoF training, which the original franchisor provides in their packages, it would be useful, but unless providing more scenarios continuosly, it's like any other "video game." Once you know the scenes, you will improve your scores. And, my guess is you are NOT training with your own weapon... with the same sight picture, feel, and nuances to every gun.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    The old saying... "if you have to ask... you prolly can't afford it."

my guess is with the lasers, and the Co2 cartridges in each weapon, they provide the weapons.
    Ahh. I wonder why they don't post a "weapon list" on their website? I would assume they have weapons available that mimick real models?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghettokracker71 View Post
    Ahh. I wonder why they don't post a "weapon list" on their website? I would assume they have weapons available that mimick real models?
    Looks like Glocks, in the pix.. prolly all they offer... choices would be more expensive.

In the equipment they show 2 handguns, a taser, and 2 long guns, and maybe pepper spray
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

Further clarification to the "if you have to ask..." statement

Franchises run from ~$60k to $200k taken from the info packet Here (a PDF file)
    It could be worse.
    John Adams

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    I did something similar to this at Camp Atturbury, we were there for rifle training and we ran through a simulator with humvees and rifles equipped just like that. It was not very realistic but it gave me a great opportunity to learn about how the sight acquisition works in a rapid fire situation
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghettokracker71 View Post
    This is what he showed me. You take real guns and convert them to the simulator guns. The simulator guns have special laser barrels and a CO2 cartridge in the magazine and special internals to simulate real gun fire. It is pretty realistic recoil. He currently uses a Glock 17 so if you had one and wanted to use your sites, you could probably us your slide on his gun.

Each gun costs the price of the gun plus about $2000 for the conversion kit. So it is not just a simple matter of having a huge selection. Magazines are $400 each. Kinda spendy. He also has an AR15 converted but he says that not many civilians ask to use it. Not sure how the cops practice tactical with just one AR.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Distinguished Member
    I live in the Gorge, and a coworker of mine and I have considered dropping by there...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links