Spidey senses ...my Walmart experience last night.

This is a discussion on Spidey senses ...my Walmart experience last night. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Damn brother we don't talk for a couple of days and you go running around without your gun!!! As much as I hate a spring ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Spidey senses ...my Walmart experience last night.

VIP Member
    Damn brother we don't talk for a couple of days and you go running around without your gun!!!

As much as I hate a spring clip type holster they are cheap and for a quick trip to wally world they will work with gym clothes. Just remember they will sometimes come out with the pistol on the draw.
    Many times when a wally world employee goes on break they take off there blue smock or nametag so they can wander the store without being bothered by the customers which sounds like what this bozo did.

Give me a shout have fun painting.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

2. Remove Ads

Wow, the nerve of some people to just bee bop up on someone like they know you. It is a wonder the manager didn't fire him on the spot. Especially since there has been previous issues with him. Doesn't say too much for the manager.

For jogging pants: Ruger LCP in a Galco m5x paddle holster. Light weight small easily conceals under a baggy T-shirt.

Good job spotting and dealing with this nut job. Stay safe.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

I couldnt tell, did you pull out your knife so he saw it or just move deliberately into his space? Was the mgr aware of the knife?
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    What are people thinking?

First of all, the manager tells you this has happened before!! WTH? This yo-yo is still working there?

Secondly, you are there with your children and this guy comes barreling across the store engaging you in a somewhat hostile manner (if not hostile, then at the very least unwelcome).

I'm asking myself for what purpose?? Was there an ulterior motive or was he just trying to get his jollies off of making someone uncomfortable? Very strange...makes me think something else was going on

Anyway, Kudos to you and the wife for keeping cool!
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

Quote Originally Posted by 9MMare View Post
    I couldnt tell, did you pull out your knife so he saw it or just move deliberately into his space? Was the mgr aware of the knife?
    Hand was on the knife about to draw it. He was in my space the entire time, I didnt move into his. Only did I move forward when it looked as if he was reaching for something. I closed a two foot gap into two inches...or less. I know he deliberatley made a motion as if he had something on him. When he saw me reach and close in on him....I think it was about then he decided his "little game" wasnt fun anymore. Not bragging...but I move pretty fast for a big guy and I consider myself to have quick hands. I spent a good portion of my life studying Aikido.

I doubt the mgr saw my knife, But I'm sure he was aware of it or the possibility of a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by USPnTX View Post
    What are people thinking?

First of all, the manager tells you this has happened before!! WTH? This yo-yo is still working there?

Secondly, you are there with your children and this guy comes barreling across the store engaging you in a somewhat hostile manner (if not hostile, then at the very least unwelcome).

I'm asking myself for what purpose?? Was there an ulterior motive or was he just trying to get his jollies off of making someone uncomfortable? Very strange...makes me think something else was going on

Anyway, Kudos to you and the wife for keeping cool!
    I agree. I'm still playing it over in my head and my gut tells me someone put him up to it. Nothing else makes sense. Who or why? No idea. Will def. be keeping this in mind when I go back. Im in that store atleast 5-6 times a week.

Tac....will get at you once I have a break. Thanks buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by EB31 View Post
    Hand was on the knife about to draw it. He was in my space the entire time, I didnt move into his. Only did I move forward when it looked as if he was reaching for something. I closed a two foot gap into two inches...or less. I know he deliberatley made a motion as if he had something on him. When he saw me reach and close in on him....I think it was about then he decided his "little game" wasnt fun anymore. Not bragging...but I move pretty fast for a big guy and I consider myself to have quick hands. I spent a good portion of my life studying Aikido.

I doubt the mgr saw my knife, But I'm sure he was aware of it or the possibility of a weapon.
    I'm glad you didnt have to show a weapon...it would have made your life alot more complicated.

I have moved into other peoples' spaces, men and women, when they were trying to intimidate me...no weapons were obvious. I'm 5'10" and it's been fairly effective in letting them know that I am not easily manipulated and they'll find easier prey elsewhere. Solid eye contact as well.

I hope your girls were not too upset by the incident...did they know what was going on?
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HKinNY View Post
    I would have shown him how tuff a NYer is. After kicking the snot out of the kid, I would have taken a sharpie marker and drawn the NY yankee logo on his forehead.

Great SA.
    This made me LOL. :)

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    WEll, being a CO, if you had drawn (if you'd had your firearm), you could have likely explained to the responding cops all the non-verbal cues that you saw and they would understand. While I'm not a LEO, I have known a fair number over the years and have a son-in-law in that line of work, my guess is that they would have done nothing but taken the report and told you (perhaps quietly) "good Job".

And the look on the kids face when he was staring down the business end would have been priceless. The only true downside would have been the smell wafting out from the kid's pants
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Wonder Pets or Dora? You really need to upgrade your kids to the Backyardigans. Sheeez.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I like how you tell us how mean you look and how tuff your body language makes you look but it didn't seam to phase this kid. Maybe you need to work on your tuff looks some more.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Wonder Pets or Dora? You really need to upgrade your kids to the Backyardigans. Sheeez.

They love backyardigans too ;)

Quote Originally Posted by muddy View Post
    I like how you tell us how mean you look and how tuff your body language makes you look but it didn't seam to phase this kid. Maybe you need to work on your tuff looks some more.
    Edit. Not worth a response. ;)

Great story! Thanks for sharing it.
    Perhaps the reason this kid is still around is that he's got the manager scared.
    Maybe the manager doesn't want to be looking over his shoulder... wondering if this knucklehead waiting to ambush him in some dark corner of a Wally World parking lot.
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

I won't take this off track, but .... once an incident caused me quickly to push my granddaughter behind me, while hand went to gun and almost cleared the holster as a guy out of the corner of my eye charged towards us .... like a bum rush.

Point is, granddaughter kept going for 30 minutes saying....." I never knew you were so fast ... that was REALLY fast... you really love me don't you, the first thing you did was to put me behind you to protect me.... ".

So, I know what you mean with your daughter. I have the same "look".... people seem to know that it's about to hit the fan when I get that "look".

You were still prepared... maybe not with a gun, but prepared.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links