Strange incident at stoplight today. - Page 2

Strange incident at stoplight today.

This is a discussion on Strange incident at stoplight today. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 3D, you might want to rethink putting your pistol under a towel if you don't have it secured somehow. If you have to hit the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Strange incident at stoplight today.

3D, you might want to rethink putting your pistol under a towel if you don't have it secured somehow. If you have to hit the brakes hard the pistol will be in the floorboard out of reach.

3D
    good point ep1953, thanks . . . I'll give some thought to other in-the vehicle out-of -holster possibilities.
    "It is easier to resist at the beginning than at the end"____Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1519

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    I won't even consider a car or truck that doesn't have automatic door locks that locks all locks when you put the vehicle in gear. Even though it's not economically prudent, I drive around town in my 1-ton dually. It gives "get-outta my way" a whole new meaning. There's a lot of bad people out there.

This is known as the "white van special" It is a scam. Google it.

I got had in my early twenties by two guys in a white van who sold me some speakers for $200. They said the boss loaded em up one set too many and that they had leftovers from a job. They showed me a laminated spec sheet and got the speakers home, only to find out that the "audiofile" brand (which isnt even how you spell audiophile) was some cheap trash packaged in a nice looking cab.

Anyhow, it cost me 200$ to learn that nothing is free and that if its too good to be true, IT IS.

They saw me at ATm machine and pulled up.

Never again.

I had a similar incident(well maybe not so similar) in a not so nice neighborhood a long time ago. It was a while back before my CCW days, coming home from late night EMT class. I was driving on Hillsborough Ave through Tampa at around 45mph. A beat up car pulls up right next to me on my drivers side and white/female with corns rows starts hanging out the widow, yelling and pointing at my front drivers side tire. I slow down to about 25-30mph and roll down my window. Shes still yelling that something is wrong with my tire and I should pull over. Well they sped up, got in front of me(from left lane, to center in front of me, then right lane) then took their first right and stopped. At first I thought of turning right too, but I went up a bit ahead and turned left and into a parking lot. Got out quickly, look at my tire and guess what? There's nothing wrong with it. It hadn't dawned on me at the time, but who knows what would have happened if I followed them to that right turn. Maybe they would have sold me some speakers?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Question everything, Learn something, Answer nothing.
    Those who have an answer for everything, have an answer for nothing.

I had 2 guys pull up next to me at a dunkin donuts drive thru and ask if I wanted a home entertainment center, I was in the middle of paying and they were on my passenger side so I ignored them and pulled away. I only have a half ton pickup but it'll do some damage if you step in front of it.

Quote Originally Posted by 3D View Post
    good point ep1953, thanks . . . I'll give some thought to other in-the vehicle out-of -holster possibilities.

I've carried in my center console before and always worried about it not being 100% secured in the event of a wreck or other dramatic event.

You may want to consider a holster that hooks around the seat or some other kind of holster mount. The one I'm interested in is the Universal Vehicle Holster Mount. It hooks under your steering column. You mount the holster to it when you're driving, and then either wear the holster when you leave the vehicle or transfer the weapon to a holster already on you and then stash the holster elsewhere.

The other one I saw was a vehicle seat holster. This isn't the original site I found one on, but it was the one I came across on a quick search for this post.

Hope that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    Good SA on your part. And here I thought nobody "sold speakers" anymore. I thought they all stuck to dead Nigerians who mysteriously bequeathed their massive wealth to me.
    LOL....massive wealth indeed. I supposedly got a share of that too.....but I neglected to reply to the email

one time at a stop light, a motor cycle tried to get my attention and so i rolled up a lil and ignored him, kept watch, and he rolled up too, and so i asked him what did he want, he asked if i knew where a starbucks was, i told him there was 3 inside the mall right there on the right, and the light turned green , and he continued to go straight down the road, and turned left at ANOTHER starbucks in a shopping center, i dont think he was lost at all....

Quote Originally Posted by ep1953 View Post
    3D, you might want to rethink putting your pistol under a towel if you don't have it secured somehow. If you have to hit the brakes hard the pistol will be in the floorboard out of reach.
    Yep that was one of the mistakes that the FBI did in the famous Miami shootout. One of the agents had removed his handgun and placed it on his seat so it would be available after they did the rolling stop. During the stop/crash the gun was flung off the seat and lost. It was never fired in the shootout if I recall correctly.
    Hopefully in any fender bender your not going to need a handgun, but if you do you don't want to be digging under the seats looking for it.

3D
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
    I've carried in my center console before and always worried about it not being 100% secured in the event of a wreck or other dramatic event.

You may want to consider a holster that hooks around the seat or some other kind of holster mount. The one I'm interested in is the Universal Vehicle Holster Mount. It hooks under your steering column. . . .
    Hope that helps!
    Thanks Lexington - appreciate the lead. I like the Universal Vehicle Holster Mount too.
    Welcome to the forum.

TedBeau your post motivates me to take action to resolve this. I definitely wouldn't want to 'grope' around looking for it when I might need it most.
    "It is easier to resist at the beginning than at the end"____Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1519

Yeah, that's pretty bazar for sure. Looks like you had a encounter with a truck full of monkey's. : )
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

I am not a friendly guy when people try to 'interview' me. I have been both alone and with a few others when panhandlers have attempted to get too close.
    Some friends simply do not understand the potential danger of letting strangers into your space. The time, a cigarette, speakers, directions blah, blah, blah...
    Just get (the...insert your own adjectives here) away from me, I'm not interested. I may give directions to a nun who does look lost, and other than that..."NO!:
    A person cannot afford to let his/her guard down when out in the real world.
    Stay armed...stay alert...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links