Can happen even when getting a haircut (MERGED)

This is a discussion on Can happen even when getting a haircut (MERGED) within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; There is no place safe anymore. I am glad the officer was there, if she hadn't been this would have turned out a lot differently....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can happen even when getting a haircut (MERGED)

Distinguished Member Array pinklady's Avatar
    There is no place safe anymore. I am glad the officer was there, if she hadn't been this would have turned out a lot differently.

2. Remove Ads

The second story sounds more like real life, if in the same situation I would not identify myself without having my gun drawn and aimed first. This idiot had threatened to kill, he is not entitled to any you shoot first and then I'll defend myself ethic. Once "I'll kill you" came out of his mouth with a gun in his hands, I'd have shot him right through the cover they put over you. I would not give him the chance to start shooting if at all possible.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    ...I'd have shot him right through the cover they put over you.
    And you can be sure the prosecutor would have a field day with that one.

Prosecutor: "The bullet hole in the barber tunic clearly proves that this poor street urchin had NO WARNING and was shot down in cold blood. Your Honor, I would now like to call to the stand the mother of the victim who will describe in no uncertain terms how her precious boy was turning his life around."

Judge: "Proceed."
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Reminds me of the scene with Clint Eastwood in High Plains Drifter where the BGs come after him while getting a shave. Clint of course drills them all. Good job officer I say.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    I've actually thought about this scenario before while getting my hair cut. That apron they put on you would be perfect cover to draw and ready a firearm.
    So have I.

About a year ago after coming back from an out of town trip, I headed over to the haircut place to get cleaned up. Unfortunately, it was ringed by police cars and news crews. Catching the news at home, I found out that not 30mins earlier a boyfriend of an employee there had gunned her down in the break room. Bummed boyfriend decided to "take her out," literally. He then shot himself and eliminated the need to prosecute and "correct" him. Had I driven just a bit quicker during my trip, I would have been sitting in the chair as the murderer opened fire. In this instance, he didn't turn it on everyone else in the shop. It could easily have gotten very ugly, beyond just the two involved.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

+1 Hiram25
    I have never heard of a department that requires warning a threatening, gun wielding offender when circumstances clearly show that giving such a warning puts the one warning in increased jeopardy. Cold blood, warm blood, whatever.

Defense attorney: Objection, irrelevant.
    Judge: Sustained.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Defense Attorney: "Objection, irrelevant."
    Judge: "Not so fast. This is an election year and I need to look tough on crime. Besides, I hate guns and the people who carry them... oh, uhmm... strike that last comment from the record."
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

While the judge may hate people with guns, I fail to see how coming to the aid/defense of an armed felon could be seen as being tough on crime. I guess it would depend on his perception of which would be the gretest aid to reelection. That in turn would necessarily to some extent be based on the makeup of the electorate. What might fly in New York would likely crash in Idaho or Montana and other similar places.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

I agree it would be absurd, but not unheard of. Especially if it were a civil case where the family sued the defender for wrongful death or whatever they call it in NYC.
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Quote Originally Posted by Ghettokracker71 View Post
    Great job by the officer!
    Agreed.

Never interupt a woman getting her hair done.... the dummy.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Lead Moderator
    They had her on the news last night, and my first thought was "she paid someone to do that to her hair?". Sure looks like the NYPD doesn't have much in the way of uniform regulations.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Quote Originally Posted by rstickle View Post
    They had her on the news last night, and my first thought was "she paid someone to do that to her hair?". Sure looks like the NYPD doesn't have much in the way of uniform regulations.
    Looks like its only partially done...in any case. If you know anything about our hair...its almost impossible to do anything with it. sometimes our crazy hairstyles are more out of necessity than style. guys have it easy because we can just cut it all the way down. women have to be creative.
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

GM
    Unfortunately it can happen wherever and whenever. I am glad the officer was there.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

The irony in the PBA chair, police commish, and others congratulating a natural act of self defense that they'd just as soon deny any one other than a NYPD officer is just too thick on which not to choke.

Naturally I am grateful that officer Jones and the others were able to fend off the attack. Yet, I'm also annoyed that NYPD is currently doing all that they can to make the NY permitting process even more restrictive for the real targets of criminal predators of NYS, the unarmed populace. Why don't they want the same thing for the people? Well...that's a rhetorical question that many here can answer, but for crying out loud.

Good on Jones for being able to fight back, but dang I'm glad I left that stink-hole for good.
    2nd Amendment: because personal violence never makes an appointment.
    Evil resides in the heart of the individual, not in inanimate objects.
    Proud Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links