Bathroom Senario

Bathroom Senario

This is a discussion on Bathroom Senario within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Do you bring your pistol in the bathroom when you shower? I've played this out it my head before but today I honestly thought I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bathroom Senario

Bathroom Senario

Do you bring your pistol in the bathroom when you shower?

I've played this out it my head before but today I honestly thought I was going to need it.

I went up to take a bath and brought my LCP with me as I almost always do and set it on the top of the toilet. I also open my top drawer on the vanity that way the door cant be opened unless literally kicked off the hinges.

Well, as soon as I turn the bath water off I hear what sounds to be an unfamiliar phone ring once. Already in the tub I didn't just open the door, I sat there to listen for any other noises....nothing. I get up and look out the window to see a truck parked in the street at the end of my driveway, this got my adrenaline goin a little bit since I have never seen it before and I live in a cul de sac.

I finish my shower and check to see if the truck is still there, yep. Still not hearing any noise I decide Im going to go out with my LCP ready to respond vs tucked in its pocket holster under my towel at the appendix position. I proceed to clear the upstairs and move down stairs to continue clearing the whole house.

Luckily, I found nothing but it definitely made me think about what I would do a little more in depth had someone broke into my house.

I've got pistols in several rooms in the house and the bathroom is one of them, but like you sometimes a bring in the LCP so I have one within reach if need be.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. -- Thomas Jefferson

RKM
    If nobody else is home, I also take my Hk with me to the shower.

I always feel voulnerable when I shower. I can't hear a dang thing while I'm in there, the whole house could blow away for all I can hear!!
    I always drop my pants -belt and gun included- right outside the shower. If I'm changing to PJ's and going to bed, the pants/gear gets posted within arms' reach of my bed.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

And to make maters worse, the victim in the movies always gets it in the shower... think psycho.

One of my pistols is always within reach, everywhere
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    One of my pistols is always within reach, everywhere
    One is kept on the nightstand...and another follows me from room to room.
    Right now, my Glock-36 is on the nightstand, and my SP101 is sitting next to my keyboard.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I have never taken a gun into the bathroom with me while showering. My Doberman and Rottie mix should give me enough warning and time to get out and be at my 870 in seconds. I carry while at home, doing yardwork etc, but just never felt the need to carry into the bathroom while I'm showering.

Only in Iraq or Afghanistan have I taken it into the shower area...
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

I put mine on top of the cabinet next to the shower. Can't be seen if you walk in and you would have to be as tall as I am to reach it. But yep, in reach at all times
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    ----
    If not me, then who?

The Tenifer finish on a Glock makes it a great toilet tank gun.

Biker

VIP Member
    AIWB towel carry that is one I will have to remember.

SIGguy you read my mind. Until you have showered with a rifle hanging from the towel hook or shaved and brushed your teeth wearing only a towel and a shoulder holster you haven't lived.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    I think that taking a gun into the shower is a bit too much. It's not like you guys live in Iraq or Afghanistan. If you feel so terrified of taking a shower without having a gun with you then just leave a gun on top of the toilet and then go and take a shower with a spear gun.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

How about a soap gun?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links