Mob Vs 2 Drivers? A Tactical Question...

This is a discussion on Mob Vs 2 Drivers? A Tactical Question... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint I don't understand why the guy didn't just drive away. Nothing really preventing him from doing so. Besides, I bet he ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mob Vs 2 Drivers? A Tactical Question...

Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    I don't understand why the guy didn't just drive away. Nothing really preventing him from doing so. Besides, I bet he feared for his life. If the rioters don't get out of the way, that is there problem.
    It happens a whole lot.
    It's weird.

People very much seem to freeze up mentally not knowing what to do AND not realizing that the vehicle in can very easily become weaponized or a trap.
    Two years ago we had a thread here where a guy got caught in a parking lot by a road raging person who contacted him at his car (drivers side door) with a handgun in an argument over a parking space. The attacker boxed his car in at the rear (car was parked nose first). The victim choose to _exit_ his vehicle and found himself in a backpedal race being chased laps around his car, before winding up shooting the attacker.
    I'd said then, too, stay in your car...Select a low gear with lockout and STAND on the gas.
    I could give two cares about vehicle damage. That's what GEICO and Maaco are for.

No way am I going to get out of my car to go to battle against a person(s) fool enough to come at me as behind the controls of a metal box pulled/pushed by a hundred horses or more.
    In court with a straight face I'd tell the judge or jury that said person(s) to me appeared to be out their ever loving mind, and so I did what was prudent and wise to survive. No gun shots necessary or involved...If they have not actually placed their body inside the vehicle with me.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

2. Remove Ads

When I was teaching my daughters how to drive some 15 years ago, I taught them that they must always "DRIVE THE CAR." If you think you are going to have an accident. Don't throw up your hands and scream... "DRIVE THE CAR." Even if you are going to have an accident, do not fail to "DRIVE THE CAR." "DRIVE THE CAR" until it stops and can go no further. You may be able to control how bad an accident will be by "DRIVing THE CAR" to the very end.

Now, I think that if this driver had "DRIVen THE CAR", even if he may hve been going the wrong way on a one way (kinda looked that way on the video... Was it a 2 way street that became one way at the intersection?), No one would have been able to yank the passenger door open, no one would have been easily able to run from the trunk to the hood, and the rest would have cleared out of the way.

Always "DRIVE THE CAR" to the final scene of the accident.
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

I take a break from my work to go make my lunch, and on my kitchen table I notice my wife has brought in todays regional newspaper.
    At the front page just below the fold there is this feature...

As reported by the Hampshire Daily Gazette

Cyclists, driver of Hummer clash in Amherst
    By SCOTT MERZBACH
    Staff Writer

Monday, November 1, 2010

...Police determined that the bicyclist who was allegedly struck by the vehicle was one of more than 30 bicyclists who had been riding in and out of Snell Street, causing difficulties for vehicles using the road, and that they had deliberately antagonized the driver of the Hummer after he beeped at the bicyclists.

According to witnesses at the scene, the bicyclists surrounded the Hummer while it was stopped at the intersection, with some banging on the vehicle and other spitting on it. One bicyclist then put his bicycle on the ground, daring the driver of the Hummer to drive over it when the traffic light turned green. The Hummer went over a portion of the back wheel of the bicycle, causing minor damage, before leaving the scene, police said.

- SCOTT MERZBACH

Source - http://www.gazettenet.com/2010/11/01...-clash-amherst
    I'd have driven over this fools bicycle too, to escape to safety.
    No guns or gunfire involved nor required. Just mass x velocity via HP & Tq.

- Janq

"DRIVE THE CAR until it stops and can go no further." - Oakchas = Wisdom, IMHO
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    I am going to start doing donuts...and I mean wild,reckless donuts complete with smoking tires. When I clear all the fools I am taking off to get out of Dodge.

If I manage to get stopped, I am pulling out the Saiga complete with 20 round drum and I will proceed to empty it. I figure 20 rounds of double ought buck to clear most of them out. It they persist... the next up will be Dragons Breath. No one likes to see anyone burn. If they still persist when I am out of ammo,I will jump out the window amongst the converging crowd with the loudest Tarzan yell that I can muster, while pulling the pin on the grenade that I wear around my neck for such emergencies.

They may eventually get me, but they'll have to crawl over a pile of bodies.
    If more sheep thought like this the main ingredient in Shepard's Pie would be be different and more truthful.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    I'm not paranoid about anything, especially not as related to a scene from a fictional Hollyweird movie about fictional zombies (Huh?).

My vehicles current are 4 and 6 cylinder, both being automatics.
    As well I have a background in mechanical engineering specializing in automotive engineering.
    I happen to be very well acquainted with the function of an automatic trans, thanks.

Yes a modern vehicle moving one or two people (or kids) is not a problem for D (drive), especially when it already has momentum asper my video example. To that end though it's just as simple as cutting the wheel to drive around as rather than over/under a person.
    My mind view is toward a mass of people....Many people deep and they are pushing back against the vehicle. Akin to how very often these type mob attack events have gone.
    In that case I would want _maximal_ tractive force assuming I am starting from zero mph, and that I'm going to get by manually selecting third gear or low gear lockout. I want maximal push force. As like when pushing snow or some other doesn't wanna move easy type heavy object or resistive force.

Also I don't know what would be _behind_ these people as hidden by their bodies.
    Items that might include me driving off street (can no longer see road markings) as into solid objects in and about these people.
    My focus would be to continue moving, period, no matter who or what I hit and drive over/under so as to flee...Straight to safety and/or the police (As the Israeli in my video did upon escape).

This has nothing to do though with how many cylinders the engine has as modern non-commercial truck auto trannys largely all act the same in function.
    CVTs excepted (see Prius among a handful of others).

I pay zero attention to fictional Hollywood scenarios and results. That is fiction for entertainment.
    Real world examples and results are what I base my own lessons against and on, as by proxy.

- Janq
    Jang, first let me say this isn't a personal attack. You are wrong and Glocksin is correct. If you would like to continue this debate just let me know. I'll put my 35 years in the transmission industry against your background in automotive engineering anytime.

P.S. I would not go into a repair shop and announce that you're a automotive engineer, you may not get the response you expect.

Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    I would not go into a repair shop and announce that you're a automotive engineer, you may not get the response you expect.
    Why would I or anyone do that? :huh:
    Especially so anyone who has experience in working among repair shop employees.

Do what you will and I'll do same.
    I'm gonna survive, or die actually trying to survive. That is the bottom line point regardless of gear selection...Aside from choosing to fail with either N or Park.

- Janq

once, when driving in a work van, we were going through a bad area.... 4 or 5 "urban youths" saw us coming down the road and proceeded to move from the hoods of the cars they were sitting on to spread out across the road...

the guy driving started to slow... until i yelled

" GAS!>>> its the one on the right!.... this van has bumpers for a reason!".....

they ran like cockroaches....

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    I am going to start doing donuts...and I mean wild,reckless donuts complete with smoking tires.
    That made me laugh, thinking about the Charlie Daniels Band song "Uneasy rider"

I don't any other choice than to leave the threat. Drive...they will move.
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Why would I or anyone do that? :huh:
    Especially so anyone who has experience in working among repair shop employees.

Do what you will and I'll do same.
    I'm gonna survive, or die actually trying to survive. That is the bottom line point regardless of gear selection...Aside from choosing to fail with either N or Park.

- Janq
    Nice avoidance.

Administrator
    The video shows plenty of room for an escape. Drive away.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Fully depress the pedal on the right, remove foot from pedal on the left. Problem solved through horsepower. A few goblins may opt to become speedbumps. I rather doubt their fellow goblins will be willing to testify if it goes to court.

Or you can give that mob a tiny bit more time, so that they can smash your windows and pull you out of the car, beat you half (or fully) to death, and torch your car, or torch your can while you are still in it.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

VIP Member
    A mob approaches my vehicle intent on mayhem, I'm not stopping. They have 2 choices, clear a path, or become speedbumps!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

RGC
    I'm shifting to 4 wheel drive and running over anything that doesn't get out of the way. If they get me stopped I'm emptying 7 or 8 magazines full unless the mob thinks better and takes off. No way am I letting them pull me or my family out of the vehicle.

VIP Member
    Right up until almost the end, when the guy with the white hat started trying to shoo the knuckledraggers away,I thought it was like an enclosed lot or very limited roadway, with very little if any room for movement, or whatnot.
    My vote goes to start moving and pick up momentum and watch em' make like the 3 blind mice.( see how they run)
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

In the situation above, I'm not stopping. I have a 6000# mega cab PU. If they don't get out of the way, I'll put them in for a Darwin award.
    War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

There are three kinds of people, sheep, sheepdogs, and wolves. If you don't understand this, you're a sheep.

Are you a turtle?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links