The Picnic - Page 3

The Picnic

This is a discussion on The Picnic within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Glocksin I hate those little mop dogs.Useless... Lets change this around to something that would suit me better.Having a bar b q ...

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Picnic

Quote Originally Posted by Glocksin View Post
    I hate those little mop dogs.Useless...

Lets change this around to something that would suit me better.Having a bar b q in walmart parking lot at midnight.Not a joke,i have done this before.Me and my friends are having fun,playing some music,not being too loud.Motorcycle gang comes up,starts making fun of the music.Everybodys got coolers and grills and we cant just pack up and leave quick.Best to ignore them.If they get drunk and try to start something,walking up and start pushing,all the guns come out.And i mean all of em.20 people with .45s and 12 gauges.

Freddy vs Jason episode 10:The night of lead.
    I'd have no problem with this either...if there was enough beer for all. Otherwise I'm sending them into WallyWorld for more.

However I would casually and immediately try to find out who was 'in charge' and stick with them the rest of the night, or at least on and off. Real friendly-like. If necessary, let them know when their buddies are getting too rowdy or rude.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Knowing we'd be in a place with no reception, out in the middle of nowhere, I would have already explained to the family the risks involved and for everyone to stay alert. If something doesn't seem right let me know...and if I say we need to go, we need to go asap. No questions.

1%ers Ha... My late wife was a 1%er... well, until she became my late wife.... (M7 Leukemia, about a 1% survival rate back then... she beat the leukemia... pneumonia got her instead)... Anyway, back to the story.

I'd do my best to leave. Violent gang, possible they'd wanna mess with you, even if your kowtowed and left, but worth a shot...

I'd have the wife start to pack up... any comments from the gang, and we'd leave the stuff... She's driving... cause if they go to follow, I'll hop out and start plinking if it looks like they are threatening to catch or overtake. If it's really that bad, family's best chance is to get outta there... I'm afraid I'm gonna have to slow 'em down a bit... Driving, I can't shoot... If she's driving I can shoot and if I have to hop out to shoot more (to protect her leaving) I will... this is when I'd wish for a shotty under my back seat, 30 rounds of 9mm ain't enough, but would buy her time and distance.

If I had the shotty and ammo to begin with... I'd have that out at the first opportunity. Even with 1%ers, it might give them pause.

Scenario changes a bit with the shotty. I'd still leave. She'd still drive, at the first sign of pursuit, I'm hanging out the passenger window, seated on the open window sill... or head and shoulders out the "bald man tanner" (sunroof) the top of the SUV is now a mobile bench rest. Bring 'em on.

(well, that's the best hope anyway, I'm countin' on the rest of youse guys to hunt em down fer us)
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by 3D View Post
    ..for me, best defense is DON'T BE THERE!
    No phone service of any kind = no chance for LE back-up.
    Yah, I'd gather my family and leave!
    Probably give 'em the best laugh they've had in hours as I was movin' out.
    I, in my wildest homeboy dreams, could do little against twelve to fifteen members of an outlaw motorcycle gang flying colors that would change where this scenario is going.
    LOL, no doubt. And, in case someone is a little off on their sarcasm meter I do NOT carry an AR, AK, 15-22, and bullet resistant clothing in my trunk.... So stay away from my car!
    "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
    You are not paranoid if They are actually out to get you, however, They probably are not and you probably are.

Oakchas,
    Finally, someone besides Gman a little closer to my thinking.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

I would leave immediately. I don't want mix with any biker gang, especially 1%ers. I'm from a different breed and I don't mix with their kind. Even if I was trying to be nice it would probably end up with me getting beaten up or worse.

That is not too say that all bikers are bad. But the ones who are look at my preppy but as being a target.

Depends on the colors. We might have some mutual friends. If so I imagine we might stay a while and talk bikes and stuff. If not we are gone before the last bike is parked.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    Oakchas,
    Finally, someone besides Gman a little closer to my thinking.
    I'm in good company, then... I'm not LEO, haven't ever been... But, my wife (and kids if I've got 'em (and in the scenario, I do)) is the reason I carry.

This type of group, led by several 1%ers, and followed by some wannabes, is dangerous. These are the type that will beat you for being in "their territory"... which is wherever they are. Most often, the leaders don't do the wet work, they have the wannabes do it for them... just like they had to do back in the day...

I've dealt with the type before... gangs of any ilk are similar. If you can get in good with the leader, you have a shot of survival... Sometimes, it's a matter of smart talkin' him, even if you're the 98# weakling type. Other times it's bowing to his "majesty." And you better know which before you try one. Over the long term, the jealousy of the followers requires the leader's overt and somewhat constant support for you in order for you to survive. BTDTGTTS

In pursuit, the leaders won't be leading. They may not even move, except perhaps to take your leftovers. If there's body count, the leaders may have to show the lackey's how it's done. They're usually so sociopathic, they don't care if they die or live another day. They are truly dangerous... and usually very intelligent. But usually, so wary and sly they opt out of involvement, unless it's a matter of saving face. And then they are both ruthless and relentless

I know it sounds like a bad movie script... But in the gangs I was involved in/with that's how they work.

Now there are a lot of clubs that are just average joes, even some bankers and lawyers... and they are the nicest guys and gals you'd want to meet. But that's not what we're talking about here. We're talking about the 1%ers... the REAL 1%ers... they are out there and they are into everything there is to be into that ain't legal.

In my honest opinion... If the scenario were real, and I had the shotty and ammo, I'd truly hope to kill them all and let God sort 'em out. Survivors would hunt you down, all they need is that license plate # on your grocery go getter.

If you doubt it... ask for back story, I got one fer ya.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Gonna get flamed for sayin this, but oh well, I cant see a man letting some pieces of $%*^ be disrespectful to his wife in front of him and not do nothin. I have bit my lip today on this one, but I got to say it. No way , no how, on Gods green earth am I gonna put up with this. In my opinion any man with a set swingin should stand up to them.
    I would put her in the vehicle, get my long gun from the vehicle, and be standin there lookin at them as she leaves. I would then find out who their chief was and ask him how he wanted to do this. Hell, I might even go over and kick a few bikes over just to get the party they started goin. Anyway it dont matter, because I was committed from the moment they were direspectful to my wife in front of the kids.
    And the leader would be the first one to go if they didnt do what I said. I would have them get on their bikes and leave, if they hestitated at all. BOOM! there goes the chiefs kneecap. Wanna go for 2?, and so on until they all left. Oh, but they would leave me the bike of my choice as they left, which I would ventilate and burn.
    Doesnt sound like a very lawful thing for a lawman to do does it? Its not by the definition of the law. But when it comes to thugs messing with my family, Im gonna get sideways right now.
    Get killed? Maybe. But the way I see it, Id rather be dead standing up for what I believe to be right, and the honor of my family, than a coward on my back trying to sleep with the shame I would feel from backing down.
    So flame on, but thats what I would do anyway.

Disclaimer; Now, in no way am I advocating violence against varmits,er, I mean my fellow man. Ya gotta maintain some trigger, I mean self control in these situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    You, the wife and your two small children and the small family dog have decided to take a ride to the mountains and have a picnic. The wife packs food, drinks and goodies. You drive up to the mountains and find a small picnic/campground just off the highway. You pull in to a picnic spot and set up your picnic on the table provided. There is no one else at the location. There is no cell service and no phone in the campground.

As you start eating twelve to fifteen members of an outlaw motorcycle gang flying colors ride into the spot next to yours about fifteen yards away. You are aware, from the media and other sources of the reputation of this group for violent criminal behavior. There are no obstructions, brush or otherwise between the two sites. They break out some beers and are loud and profane. Shortly they begin making loud comments about your small family dog who is on a leash and using it and a pole as a mop. Thus far they are maintaining their distance, but paying a significant amount of attention to your family. Becoming more brazen, now they begin making unsavory comments about your wife.

You have your EDC and whatever you may carry in your vehicle.

What do you do?
    I start target shooting with my truck gun, my ak, walking around with it in my hand shouting at my imaginary friends and mumbling to myself.

Oh and dressed like I look in my avatar because that is all in my truck LOL

Did I mention that this was not a fictional scenario.

First off, I have owned and ridden bikes much of my life so I am not averse to bikers and I can tell who is who.

This was an actual incident of mine from sometime back when the biker gangs were runing wild committing violent offensive acts. I was very concerned about this group and I did not want a road confrontation with the wife and two children in my truck, but they were getting ugly. I could see multiple ways that this could get out of control and reduce or eliminate my ability to deal with it.

I was driving a short bed Chevy with a shell on it at the time. I spoke to the wife and on a signal from me she casually took the kids and walked around to the far side of the truck behind the engine and front wheels. I reached in the shell, which was only a few feet from the table, and came out with an M1 carbine with taped thirtys, went and sat on the table, racked a round and started eating a sandwich with the carbine across my lap, watching them all the while. I suspect that they thought I was a cop, crazy, or both and decided that even if most of them were armed they could take me but at a cost of probably half of their number, so they decided to "Ride On". In about two minutes they left. I watched as they left and they headed up the mountain. We packed and after about ten minutes left, heading down the mountain.

For those who think this is a late glory grab, I PMd with several individuals early after posting the scenario, about it.

As I have said befor, actions I take are not recommendations to others.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Like I said, carry your ak and yell at your imaginary friends :)

Guantes, thats all they understand.

Honestly I don't go anywhere in the back country without my g29 on my hip and my ak + 12 mags and my vest in the vehicle. Too many scumbags out there.

Note to self: Bring AK on picnics...
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Links