The Picnic

This is a discussion on The Picnic within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; At the risk of stating the obvious, the contents of the Driving Through A Mob thread, a couple on possibly premature draws and this thread ...

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Picnic

At the risk of stating the obvious, the contents of the Driving Through A Mob thread, a couple on possibly premature draws and this thread brought something to mind that may be worth consideration, expecially by those newer to the endeavor of self defense.

While prudence of action, especially premature action, is wise, as the potential odds against one increase, in like manner do the odds of regaining the initiative decrease, even to zero, once it is lost.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

2. Remove Ads

B94
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Gonna get flamed for sayin this, but oh well, I cant see a man letting some pieces of $%*^ be disrespectful to his wife in front of him and not do nothin. I have bit my lip today on this one, but I got to say it. No way , no how, on Gods green earth am I gonna put up with this. In my opinion any man with a set swingin should stand up to them.
    I would put her in the vehicle, get my long gun from the vehicle, and be standin there lookin at them as she leaves. I would then find out who their chief was and ask him how he wanted to do this. Hell, I might even go over and kick a few bikes over just to get the party they started goin. Anyway it dont matter, because I was committed from the moment they were direspectful to my wife in front of the kids.
    And the leader would be the first one to go if they didnt do what I said. I would have them get on their bikes and leave, if they hestitated at all. BOOM! there goes the chiefs kneecap. Wanna go for 2?, and so on until they all left. Oh, but they would leave me the bike of my choice as they left, which I would ventilate and burn.
    Doesnt sound like a very lawful thing for a lawman to do does it? Its not by the definition of the law. But when it comes to thugs messing with my family, Im gonna get sideways right now.
    Get killed? Maybe. But the way I see it, Id rather be dead standing up for what I believe to be right, and the honor of my family, than a coward on my back trying to sleep with the shame I would feel from backing down.
    So flame on, but thats what I would do anyway.

Disclaimer; Now, in no way am I advocating violence against varmits,er, I mean my fellow man. Ya gotta maintain some trigger, I mean self control in these situations.
    So your going to die because some scum insulted your wife? I can see the headline in the paper - police officer killed by biker gang. And then in another month or so the next headline - dead police officers wife raped and murdered in front of children, suspected retaliation by biker gang. But at least you didnít back down. Sometimes retreat is a better option. You can always regroup on your terms if you donít mind breaking the law.
    PRO-SECOND AMENDMENT - Live Free or Die

I would most likely leave once they started showing interest in you and your family. I am in a motorcycle club. And most clubs incuding 1%er clubs are really only interested in club business. You and your family are not club business. And if they started with you or your family members you or loved ones got to close to them ie looking at their bikes, trying to start a "freindly conversation with them" when not invited. Most clubs it's just about demanding respect, and if you don't give it things will not go well. I also say people watch to many movies and read bias news about the biker culture. I'm not saying there are no really bad bikers out there, but most are really standup people that love their lifestyle.

Gonna get flamed for sayin this, but oh well, I cant see a man letting some pieces of $%*^ be disrespectful to his wife in front of him and not do nothin. I have bit my lip today on this one, but I got to say it. No way , no how, on Gods green earth am I gonna put up with this. In my opinion any man with a set swingin should stand up to them.
    I would put her in the vehicle, get my long gun from the vehicle, and be standin there lookin at them as she leaves. I would then find out who their chief was and ask him how he wanted to do this. Hell, I might even go over and kick a few bikes over just to get the party they started goin. Anyway it dont matter, because I was committed from the moment they were direspectful to my wife in front of the kids.
    And the leader would be the first one to go if they didnt do what I said. I would have them get on their bikes and leave, if they hestitated at all. BOOM! there goes the chiefs kneecap. Wanna go for 2?, and so on until they all left. Oh, but they would leave me the bike of my choice as they left, which I would ventilate and burn.
    Doesnt sound like a very lawful thing for a lawman to do does it? Its not by the definition of the law. But when it comes to thugs messing with my family, Im gonna get sideways right now.
    Get killed? Maybe. But the way I see it, Id rather be dead standing up for what I believe to be right, and the honor of my family, than a coward on my back trying to sleep with the shame I would feel from backing down.

Disclaimer; Now, in no way am I advocating violence against varmits,er, I mean my fellow man. Ya gotta maintain some trigger, I mean self control in these situations.
    You say you are on the job? You might want to consider another line of work.
    You should also take a cold shower, you are getting to worked up with your fantasy.

Like I said, run if you want to. Everybodys got their opinion. I'm not runnin. Don't really care what anyone else thinks. I'm not going to be intimidated or let thugs and renegades run me off.
    Fantasy? What ever you want to think, your call. Don't care.

Gman,

We part company on the insulting the wife part requiring deadly action. I understand where you are coming from, I understand you don't care what I think. But, unless you've got enough ammo to take 'em all, you actually risk the retaliation of the survivors against your family (even if you don't survive). So, your actions put your family at risk, the very thing you were fighting in the first place. I have witnessed retaliation carried out on an entire family, resulting in the death of nearly the entire family... weeks after the initial encounter.

Even my shooting out of the sunroof notion puts me and my family at risk. Unless I kill 'em all.

Gloves' preemptory stance is a better solution, before the insults start flying.
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

WOW... I bet you were a Texas Ranger in a former life. Or you were born 150 years to late! Or both.
    You have a much bigger set than I do.
    First one pulls in next to us, we are breaking camp and loading up. " All yours guys, We are done".
    Freedom.... The Price Keeps Going Up, and the Quality Keeps Going Down.

I agree with all everyone has said. It probably would be a better idea to get the heck outa there. And I understand the sentiment of all who disagree, and don't judge anybody by what they would choose to do here.
    No I am not brave. I am afraid of needles, my wife when she gets sideways, and the IRS.
    There is absolutely nothing uncommon or exemplary about me.
    I just have a different way of thinking. Many times I have wanted to run, but could not. I don't know what it is, but I hate evil, crime, and bullies. I hold strong to my beliefs that these things must be dealt with.
    I have had my clock cleaned for this more times than I want to think about.
    I wish I wasn't like this, but it is who I am. It's my road, and I accept it and all that goes with it. I don't want trouble for anyone, but I ain't gonna sit back and take it neither. Or see other good people mistreated or pushed around.

Im with gman on this one.Benelli and Judge behind the seat in the truck,1911 on me.Im gonna blow some tires out as i drive away.And unlike some on here,i can shoot while im driving.Nobody will insult my family and friends without getting a remark back.Besides,if you just let them go,they might keep making the insults to everyone else they see and something bads gonna happen.

Buncha Rambos... at least MY scenario leaves no survivors to wreak vengeance... Of course my scenario was total BS. Oh, and surviving the scenarios some of you guys are putting out there either physically unscathed or not in jail for life is equally unlikely. Best of luck.
    "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
    You are not paranoid if They are actually out to get you, however, They probably are not and you probably are.

Quote Originally Posted by chivvalry View Post
    Buncha Rambos...surviving the scenarios some of you guys are putting out there either physically unscathed or not in jail for life is equally unlikely.
    Shotgun=cant trace the little pellets.Just be sure to pick up the casings.

Quote Originally Posted by chivvalry View Post
    Buncha Rambos... at least MY scenario leaves no survivors to wreak vengeance... Of course my scenario was total BS. Oh, and surviving the scenarios some of you guys are putting out there either physically unscathed or not in jail for life is equally unlikely. Best of luck.
    You are presumptuous in that when and if it came down to it, I am worried about jail or gettinn hurt. I know going into it that these are very likely probabilities.
    First of all, they would be breaking the law where I am from by drinking in a public place. Secondly, they are breaking the law thru harrassing comunications. Thirdly, they are disorderly.
    I'm giving them a way out. Simply leave. If they refuse, they have broken another law. That's 4. I'm takin care of business after that. I can only hope that my wife has got a signal and called the Calvary, because I can be reasonably sure it's going to get ugly. There's 15 to 1 here. So only an idiot would think that this would end without injury to themselves or other possible ramifications. If your not up to putting it all on the line everyday, then no, it's not for you.

You are presumptuous in that when and if it came down to it, I am worried about jail or gettinn hurt. I know going into it that these are very likely probabilities.
    First of all, they would be breaking the law where I am from by drinking in a public place. Secondly, they are breaking the law thru harrassing comunications. Thirdly, they are disorderly.
    I'm giving them a way out. Simply leave. If they refuse, they have broken another law. That's 4. I'm takin care of business after that. I can only hope that my wife has got a signal and called the Calvary, because I can be reasonably sure it's going to get ugly. There's 15 to 1 here. So only an idiot would think that this would end without injury to themselves or other possible ramifications. If your not up to putting it all on the line everyday, then no, it's not for you.
    Okay... vigilante then? ...and one with poor behavioral controls that has no concern about escalating a situation into deadly violence with little provocation by breaking laws himself with no expectation or even hope for successful outcome and total disregard for his family's well-being (unless you are discounting retribution after they kill you or you get sent to jail for life after bankrupting your family with lawyer's fees and your wife is the sole breadwinner in your family?).

Oh, and I wasn't being presumptuous... I simply stated that survival and/or avoiding jail time were unlikely... not that you worried about it. I might suggest that you should rethink your response but I like seeing Darwin's theories proven so instead I encourage you to follow through on your stated course of action if you are ever lucky enough to encounter such a situation.
    "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
    You are not paranoid if They are actually out to get you, however, They probably are not and you probably are.

Quote Originally Posted by Glocksin View Post
    Shotgun=cant trace the little pellets.Just be sure to pick up the casings.
    Okay... you go with that. I'm sure that is the ONLY thing you need to worry about in the described scenarios...

It has been my experience that not always, but sometimes, the more drastic a situation, the more drastic the solution required to alleviate it. Determining what and when is always the tricky part, not to mention the implementation of it.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Links