The Picnic - Page 6

The Picnic

This is a discussion on The Picnic within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by glockman10mm Chivvalry, I love what I do. Yeah the pays not what it should be, I'm still at work right now. Started ...

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Picnic

B94
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Chivvalry, I love what I do. Yeah the pays not what it should be, I'm still at work right now. Started at 0600 this morning. But everyday I get up and hope I can make a difference somewhere for someone. Over the years I have become dissapointed at the direction law enforcement has taken. It seems that thru political correctness and corruptness by a few, plus other things, we have for sometime now, been neutered to a grade of armed social workers.
    We live in a society where the varmits and parasites of society feed on the weak, and have more protection under the law than the victims.
    There was a time when people were ashamed of being in jail or being labeled criminals but that has changed.
    New officers are so educated today that they can't do police work and are afraid to because they are looking at the next step or promotion.
    When the enforcement of the laws and the pursuing of thugs and criminals is hindered, society suffers. Real honest to goodness people pay when the lawless elements of our society are given free reign. Drug dealers who are killing our children, street gangs and their kind should be the ones living in mortal fear for their lives, afraid to come out and show their faces, not the good people of this country.
    Someone said I might have been a Texas Ranger in another life, I don't believe in reincarnation. But I do believe in posses with fire breathing horses reigning down hell on these types. And good rope and tall trees with strong branches on the courthouse lawns of every city.

It’s good you want to help get rid of the bad guys but to risk death over words is not reasonable. We need good cops and your family needs you too. 15 against 1 are odds that are not very good. I’m with you in believing that people shouldn’t have to put up with crap from scum but in our society that’s the way it is. To bad I couldn’t just drive down the road about 300 yards away from them, get out with my varminter AR and leave no survivors but the law doesn’t allow this. You don’t have to win every battle to win the war, I hope you reconsider your actions in this scenario for your families sake.
    PRO-SECOND AMENDMENT - Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    I'm not going to attempt to hold ground I don't own or have an investment in.

Biker
    Yep. Agreed.

deleted.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Gonna get flamed for sayin this, but oh well, I cant see a man letting some pieces of $%*^ be disrespectful to his wife in front of him and not do nothin. I have bit my lip today on this one, but I got to say it. No way , no how, on Gods green earth am I gonna put up with this. In my opinion any man with a set swingin should stand up to them.
    I would put her in the vehicle, get my long gun from the vehicle, and be standin there lookin at them as she leaves. I would then find out who their chief was and ask him how he wanted to do this. Hell, I might even go over and kick a few bikes over just to get the party they started goin. Anyway it dont matter, because I was committed from the moment they were direspectful to my wife in front of the kids.
    And the leader would be the first one to go if they didnt do what I said. I would have them get on their bikes and leave, if they hestitated at all. BOOM! there goes the chiefs kneecap. Wanna go for 2?, and so on until they all left. Oh, but they would leave me the bike of my choice as they left, which I would ventilate and burn.
    Doesnt sound like a very lawful thing for a lawman to do does it? Its not by the definition of the law. But when it comes to thugs messing with my family, Im gonna get sideways right now.
    Get killed? Maybe. But the way I see it, Id rather be dead standing up for what I believe to be right, and the honor of my family, than a coward on my back trying to sleep with the shame I would feel from backing down.
    So flame on, but thats what I would do anyway.

Disclaimer; Now, in no way am I advocating violence against varmits,er, I mean my fellow man. Ya gotta maintain some trigger, I mean self control in these situations.

Foolish pride, under any circumstance, is just that....foolish.

That entire post sounded like a poorly written script from a C level action movie that went straight to video.(thats a haha joke)

While each man has his limits and every man should have some level of pride and character....looking to kill over insulting words to your wife is utterly ridiculous lol My wife and I are both sitting here reading this and honestly laughing. She said she would have my head if I ever acting like a dumba$$ and put my life at risk over insults to her or the kids. I do agree that hearing someone insult your family and walking away or turning the other cheek is one ******* tough pill to swallow....words are not worth dying or killing over. And opting for the more intelligent, less lethal outcome...especially when the family's life is not being threatened...does not make someone a coward.

Too much of this "good ole boy" country bravado around here with refering to others as cowards if their opinions and/or actions differ from the one being presented.

Talking about experiences making us who we are....I'll just say this and leave it where it is. I've seen enough death in my short time on this earth to last me 100 lifetimes....and that's seriously an understatement. One thing and one thing alone will force me to take another man's life without hesitation...if my or my family's lives are being threatened. I've said before...there are circumstances where a 3rd party's life may be in danger and I would have to make a judgement call at that time.

Words are words. In no way would I even remotely consider shooting a man for disrespecting my wife. Would I slap him in the chops if it came to it? Sure. But to sit here and say you would actively engage in shooting and possibly killing someone over insults? Ridiculous. Nothing else to say.

Quote Originally Posted by EB31 View Post
    Foolish pride, under any circumstance, is just that....foolish.

That entire post sounded like a poorly written script from a C level action movie that went straight to video.(thats a haha joke)

While each man has his limits and every man should have some level of pride and character....looking to kill over insulting words to your wife is utterly ridiculous lol My wife and I are both sitting here reading this and honestly laughing. She said she would have my head if I ever acting like a dumba$$ and put my life at risk over insults to her or the kids. I do agree that hearing someone insult your family and walking away or turning the other cheek is one ******* tough pill to swallow....words are not worth dying or killing over. And opting for the more intelligent, less lethal outcome...especially when the family's life is not being threatened...does not make someone a coward.

Too much of this "good ole boy" country bravado around here with refering to others as cowards if their opinions and/or actions differ from the one being presented.

Talking about experiences making us who we are....I'll just say this and leave it where it is. I've seen enough death in my short time on this earth to last me 100 lifetimes....and that's seriously an understatement. One thing and one thing alone will force me to take another man's life without hesitation...if my or my family's lives are being threatened. I've said before...there are circumstances where a 3rd party's life may be in danger and I would have to make a judgement call at that time.

Words are words. In no way would I even remotely consider shooting a man for disrespecting my wife. Would I slap him in the chops if it came to it? Sure. But to sit here and say you would actively engage in shooting and possibly killing someone over insults? Ridiculous. Nothing else to say.

I love the way people get bent out of shape by my comments. Truth is, I don't really know if that's the way it would go down. When I wrote that I was pissed off by the scenario. But I'm not goin to change my mind cause some people don't agree. I don't know exactly how it would play out. I just know when the family was safely gone, it's gonna be dealt with.
    They are going to be placed under arrest, and detained until the Calvary arrives. I will do what is necassary to effect this. Period. I don't see it as stupid, bravado, too much "good ole boy" hormone as some have suggested.
    Further more I never suggested specifically that anyone here was a coward. But if the boot fits wear it, otherwise don't throw it out there.
    As far as my family goes, my daughter is grown, and the wife doesn't run me. She knows and understands when it comes to my job, her imput is limited. We made this clear early on, and the front door swings both ways.
    As far as getting killed, my policies are paid up, and I wake up everyday with the attitude that today's as good a day to go as yesterday or tommorow.
    Going into a situation like that, you have got to make an impression right now. As I played the scenario out in my mind, as it pertains to me and my jurisdiction, I knew that due to the severe disadvantage in numbers, the level of force needed to control this situation would call for a greater level than normally used.
    Yes, if things began to go bad, and they decided to mob me, someone will get it somewhere.
    They will either comply with lawful directives, or rebel. So you better make an impression quickly.

So flame on. I think it's funny. It just re enforces some things I already know.

Me as a non-LEO citizen, I'm getting the heck out of Dodge. As soon as they rolled in I'd be gone. It's not my job to detain/arrest anyone, so in this case I'm going to make a tactical retreat and live to take care of my family another day.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Common sense tells me that even if I had a Marine Division join my picnic, nothing good could come of staying there. Just leave! The very best outcome of a gun fight is to not be there when it happens.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

While I agree that in many situations a strategic withdrawal may be the best course of action, I believe that serious evaluation of the circumstances of a situation is required to determine if that is the best and safest course of action.

If one looks at the elements that Tueller brought to light, I believe that there is some relavance to the situation in question. That is, that based on the distance and number of individuals involved, the time window for action may be as little as three to five seconds to assess, react, take action and stem the attack of not one but a considerable number of aggressors. In addition, contrary to Tueller, the aggressors may be attacking several targets (you, wife, children) simultaneously. This suggests that withdrawal, in this particular situation, may be considerably more hazardous than it first appears.
    Last edited by Guantes; November 5th, 2010 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Spelling
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

I'm glad picnic season is over:)

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    While I agree that in many situations a strategic withdrawal may be the best course of action, I believe that serious evaluation of the circumstances of a situation is required to determine if that is the best and safest course of action.

If one looks at the elements that Thuller brought to light, I believe that there is some relavance to the situation in question. That is, that based on the distance and number of individuals involved, the time window for action may be as little as three to five seconds to assess, react, take action and stem the attack of not one but a considerable number of aggressors. In addition, contrary to Thueller, the aggressors may be attacking several targets (you, wife, children) simultaneously. This suggests that withdrawal, in this particular situation, may be considerably more hazardous than it first appears.
    Hmmmmmm... pondering that... Oh, did you mean Tueller? as in tueller drill?
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by B94 View Post
    It’s good you want to help get rid of the bad guys but to risk death over words is not reasonable. We need good cops and your family needs you too. 15 against 1 are odds that are not very good.
    Hey, if he takes a few with him the world is a better place.
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

VIP Member
    Again, this situation needs to be evaluated with two different viewpoints. Quantes and GMan are LEOs. They have options the rest of us do not have. They can issue orders and commands which if issued by any of the rest of us would be "escalation." They can hold, detain, arrest. And they can use lethal force if necessary to protect themselves and enforce their commands should the gang members be uh, uncooperative.

Quantes elected to display a firearm in a manner which might cause the rest of us trouble in the form of a man with a gun call initiated by the BGs.

Gman simply stated that he would hold his ground and effect an arrest once his family was safe. Bravado? Maybe. But given his other statements here about being in fights several times a year and given his general background both before and after become an LEO, I believe he would in fact prone them all out while waiting for the cavalry. Nuts to attempt that? Yes. But thank goodness we have a few good nuts in our midst.

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Hmmmmmm... pondering that... Oh, did you mean Tueller? as in tueller drill?
    Yes, correction made, thank you.

In a polite tone, please note, Guantes (Gloves), not Quantes (similar to an airline).

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Sponsored Links