The Picnic

This is a discussion on The Picnic within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by INccwchris I personally back Guantes and Gman, nothing wrong with open carrying a long gun in the boondocks. I would be ready ...

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: The Picnic

Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    I personally back Guantes and Gman, nothing wrong with open carrying a long gun in the boondocks. I would be ready to react if need be, legalities go out the window when my familes lives are involved. If I have to open fire, I will, regardless of death or jail, my family comes first no matter what
    Let's remember the actual details laid out and not add things too it. No one's lives were in immediate jeopardy, nobody's life was being threatened. At worst..."unsavory" remarks were being made about the wife in the scenerio.

Seems a small, isolated group here would cowboy up and take on the world if their family were insulted with name calling.

I say BS. It's ludicrous to think that any man, with two ounces of common sense, would look to kill or be killed over something like defending someone's honor from being called a name. At the risk of "getting anyone upset" I will say...this is my opinion. To each their own. If someone wants to re-enact a Texas Walker Ranger episode only to realize when it's too late that life isn't Hollywood...and there's no "take two"...who am I to begrudge them their desire to go out in a blaze of glory (yes...Young Guns reference).

A self confident man, making rational decisions, holding his and his family's best interest at heart knows when to de-escalate a situation in order to avoid blood shed over name calling and insults. Even verbal threats. We have a duty to acr responsibly as armed individuals. This isn't the wild west.

Trust me....myself or family's lives are actually in danger....of DEATH? I do whatever is necessary to protect them.

Someone calls my wife a whore? As I said, while it's a tough pill to swallow...walk away. I know she's not. She knows she's not. It's called having tough skin, being realistic and being an adult.

But hey, to each their own. I'm quite content with my manhood and have a set bigger than most...I just don't need to parade it about and look to put every knucklehead in his place every day of the week.

Period.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    slight correction, a bunch of outlaw bikers calls your wife a name, thats a challenge to you. they will back it up. If they like what they see, and they agree with you that she is attractive, they will take her and kill the rest of you if necessary. Make no mistake, with those kind of people, those comments are a threat
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

I previously expressed the reasoning behind my actions, I see no need to be repetitious.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    slight correction, a bunch of outlaw bikers calls your wife a name, thats a challenge to you. they will back it up. If they like what they see, and they agree with you that she is attractive, they will take her and kill the rest of you if necessary. Make no mistake, with those kind of people, those comments are a threat
    Not saying there arent evil people in the world....but do you actually know any bikers personally? And watching Sons of Anarchy doesnt count. I know more than a few. Most are decent guys who just dont take any crap off anyone. I know many that are involved with charity work. Do they drink, party and carry guns? Sure. Doesn't make them evil. Not all bikers are out to kill you and gang rape your woman lol That perception is more fantasy than reality. That's paranoid fear speaking.

Edit: And just for the record...my mothers last husband, before she passed, was a biker. And no, not some suit who rode on weekends. Yes, these guys moved guns and narcotics and whatever else brought in money. But they were far from murdering, raping "outlaws" that you see on tv. I spent a lot of time with them. They were mostly about respect.

So, yet again, I base my comments on life experience and actual knowledge gained through living. It would be nice to see more of that from the community here, instead of reading so many personalities built on predudices, fears and inexperience.

Just saying...

Yeah, I know a few. The Outlaws are pretty common in parts around here.

bike pic 2.jpg Heres my posse.

bike pic 1.jpg And probably a much tougher biker than most, the Mrs, on a Super Dyna Custom

I ride with a strictly law enforcement club. We sometimes attend events where real 1%s are attending also, and there is absolutley no love lost between us. They dont have to be killers and murders to be a sorry bunch.
    Running drugs and guns is bad business, period. They are about respect? I dont want their respect, as it means nothing coming from people like that.
    Let me share a little known fact about me, and I am not proud of it either. I have been in jail 5 times, when I got out of the service, I had a lot of issues. Luckily, I had people that believed in me and got it turned around. No felonies, thank God, but a bunch of fighting. In the process I lost 3 of my top front teeth, a molar in the back, a kidney, have ugly scars on my arms and torso. Also several broken bones, and facial bones. Im not as pretty as I used to be. I get up early every morning not because I want to, but because I get stiff and it hurts to lay in bed too long.
    So I may not be a real biker in the sense of the term referred to here, but I managed to live a pretty hard lifestyle for a while. But there is no excuse for staying in it.
    When I look at these guys, I just dont see anything that intimidates me at all, Im sorry. They mind their business, and dont bother people, I'll ignore them. But try to run over and push people around, and I will guaren-damn-tee you, it will stop.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Let me share a little known fact about me, and I am not proud of it either. I have been in jail 5 times, when I got out of the service, I had a lot of issues.
    OT-- out of curiosity. How were you able to get an LE job with those misdemeanor convictions? I'm asking because years back a young man who worked for me wanted an LE job dearly. He kept getting turned down due to a very minor offense he committed as a teen aged childish juvenile; one he was never charged with but admitted to during interviews. He stole a street sign. I always thought he got a raw deal for being honest with his interviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    OT-- out of curiosity. How were you able to get an LE job with those misdemeanor convictions? I'm asking because years back a young man who worked for me wanted an LE job dearly. He kept getting turned down due to a very minor offense he committed as a teen aged childish juvenile; one he was never charged with but admitted to during interviews. He stole a street sign. I always thought he got a raw deal for being honest with his interviewer.
    I started out at the county jail. Then we became sworn. They werent so picky. I put some time in there and had everything except an AI and DISORDERLY expunged from my record. I then moved on as other oppurtunities came up. I admitted all my wrong doing of the past in an interview even a Reckless Driving I picked up down in Harlen County. I guess my tenure at the jail as a sworn officer, a written reccomendation from a judge, and a couple of military awards helped me, or at least made someone give me the benefit of the doubt.
    I dont know if today I would be so lucky.

I don't know what it is, but I hate evil, crime, and bullies. I hold strong to my beliefs that these things must be dealt with.
    I feel the same way. I've always thought that most of the misery in this world is caused by people who think they can do whatever they want to their fellow man just because they're bigger, stronger,in a position of power or whatever. I believe that it is our moral obligation to resist these types of people and make them think twice next time they want to mess with someone just because they can or think it might be fun.

To quote Jeff Cooper, "One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not agree that ‘violence begets violence.’ I told him that it is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure—and in some cases I have—that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy"

Good for you for having those values. We live in a rough world filled with bad people and it is good to see that there are still people out there who are willing to stand up for what is right even if it puts them in harms way.

VIP Member
    I started out at the county jail. Then we became sworn. They werent so picky. I put some time in there and had everything except an AI and DISORDERLY expunged from my record. I then moved on as other oppurtunities came up. I admitted all my wrong doing of the past in an interview even a Reckless Driving I picked up down in Harlen County. I guess my tenure at the jail as a sworn officer, a written reccomendation from a judge, and a couple of military awards helped me, or at least made someone give me the benefit of the doubt.
    I dont know if today I would be so lucky.
    Big applause. The part that I really like is, "I admitted all my wrongdoing..."

I sure wish the young man who worked for me back in 1983 had been given a break for his honesty. Instead he was turned down and had a hard go of things until he dropped out of college and joined the army--just in time for Gulf war I. I lost track of him and have no idea what ever became of him after that.

Well hopefully he had a good run in there and either made a career, or picked up some good paper work to help in cancel out the bad stuff. I think things have a way of turning around for people who get on the straight and narrow after a while. I am living proof. I believe that. I really do.

Have we decided who can pee higher on the tree yet?

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post

Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

3D
    Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post

I guess I'm at the point in this picnic where i'm going to follow BugDude's father's advice: "Never miss a good opportunity to shut up".
    "It is easier to resist at the beginning than at the end"____Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1519

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    EB31, to answer your question, yes I know bikers, I know people who at one time were involved in the Outlaws Motorcycle Club and may still be for all i know, I consider some of them my closest friends, but when you're dealing with a group of them that is getting rowdy and drunk and out of control, and they start making comments like that, I know whats coming. Someone is either getting a beat down, or worse. In fact I know a group of bikers who used to come hang out in the gravel lot next to the lot i sit in on my site, when construction started I had to tell them they couldn't hang out anymore because of the fences going up, and they said ok, we'll find somewhere else. Most of the time just treating them like people will work just like treating anyone with respect. But there are times like in this situation where a show of force may be necessary
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    I would leave,if this actually happened.I have seen this in the movies,but since there is a large group of the Bandido's MC in our little town,I can say this.These guys tend to keep to themselves,at least locally.They seem to keep a really low profile.Years ago,when I had to deal with the public,I got to know many of them,I can honestly say,they were less trouble,and behaved better than many local church members when they would come into your store.I would not want to fight a group of them.In fact,would be more alarmed by the inner city gangs,they seem to kill at random,at least the bikers prefer to shoot each other.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Links